The Coffee is Ready ....

Article from today's Scotsman, which i'm sure many will have seen.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/st-mirren/future-looks-bleak-for-john-sutton-and-st-mirren-1-4334681

It is clear from reading this that JS and the rest of the team know they are not performing at the level they anticipated at the start of the season and find themselves in the soberingly opposite position to where they thought they might have been. Well, it's time to stop navel gazing and smell the coffee boys. 

Some players have stood out and carried more than their share of the burden while others have been happy to let them do so. It is now time for every single person paid to kick, head and catch a ball at the club to find themselves a mirror and spend some time looking into it while asking "have I still got what it takes, what am i doing that isn't working, what am I doing that is working and what can I do to make that better?". Then, once they've done that, they need to all get in a room with the Manager and have a frank and open discussion with each other; not a war of words, but be man enough to face facts, admit mistakes, give credit where it is due and get their heads and the squad as a whole in gear otherwise Renfrewshire will have a glut of fledgling car salesmen, financial advisers and taxi drivers come May. 

Geez if the players thought they were having a fantastic season I would be more worried- Hardly Insight is it?

Scotland is asking the question about us............. h answers are obvious......

Look at other clubs where the floor has fallen out....

Blackpool, Coventry Forrest, Leeds, Hull- Whats the  common factor- The BOD or Owners......

It starts there..... If  club is failing and continues to apt and sack managers, it takes away responsibility from the players....

St Mirren will survive , but whats so bad apart from PT? We have 2 PT teams above us......

We need to somehow stop the graph going south, that's the hard bit.

Since 2015 we have won 22 matches and lost 52.............. We have won a handful at home, we are waiting for teams to score against us.....

It will change, but players must fight, they must listen and somehow they must stop being scared.

We are all in this, because lets be honest- We are petrified

I agree that the previous board must shoulder a lot of responsibility for the current situation, and that applies to the clubs listed too. We are told that GLS and his team are working on improving the club as a whole, as seen from the regular updates that are published and I agree that the players should be aware that their performance is not at an acceptable level.

The point is though that the fans who pay to invest in the future of the club, and watch them, in person, online or by whatever means available are not seeing a whole lot of recognition of that fact from the players. Yes, we see the odd article or interview talking up team spirit etc etc, but this situation needs some grown-up conversations to take place and it would be good to know that those are taking place as one means of trying to protect the future of the club. It's all part of generating the motivation that is sadly lacking right now.

Edited by DXBBud

Whatever happens the only constant in a football club are the fans.come rain or shine we will be there.

we are not the first to suffer like this and won't be the last.

Take Dumbarton for example I used to live there and my family are all sons fans.There BOD are an unknown except for one.

They have a mad cap idea of moving to an out of town site that they don't need.

they may be the same as Hamilton were moving from ground to ground

lets all stay behind the club ,we will never know the truth about what's going on,the important thing is that St Mirren come out the tunnel every second week,The directors are only custodians it will always be our Club

COYS

8 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Geez if the players thought they were having a fantastic season I would be more worried- Hardly Insight is it?

Scotland is asking the question about us............. h answers are obvious......

Look at other clubs where the floor has fallen out....

Blackpool, Coventry Forrest, Leeds, Hull- Whats the  common factor- The BOD or Owners......

It starts there..... If  club is failing and continues to apt and sack managers, it takes away responsibility from the players....

St Mirren will survive , but whats so bad apart from PT? We have 2 PT teams above us......

We need to somehow stop the graph going south, that's the hard bit.

Since 2015 we have won 22 matches and lost 52.............. We have won a handful at home, we are waiting for teams to score against us.....

It will change, but players must fight, they must listen and somehow they must stop being scared.

We are all in this, because lets be honest- We are petrified

Part time is the end of the club as we know it. Part time has no youth academy or complex. It has nothing. Part time is accepting defeat and accepting your done

Are we going part time then next season?  If we do then what is the point of Ralston if the players are only training 2 or 3 nights a week?

I fully expect us to vacate Ralston in the next 3-5 years in any case. Things aren't working out down there, problems with neighbours, major problems with the cabins, pitch needing replaced.

We will end up at the planned local authority sports hub somewhere near the stadium.

3 hours ago, norrie82 said:

Part time is the end of the club as we know it. Part time has no youth academy or complex. It has nothing. Part time is accepting defeat and accepting your done

I don't expect it to happen next season for the reasons you mention but any more than a season or two in the 3rd tier and it may have to be considered.

10 hours ago, Buddy Marvellous said:

I fully expect us to vacate Ralston in the next 3-5 years in any case. Things aren't working out down there, problems with neighbours, major problems with the cabins, pitch needing replaced.

We will end up at the planned local authority sports hub somewhere near the stadium.

If the sports hub ever transpires but I don't think it will .

21 hours ago, norrie82 said:

I agree but I am also realistic and please do thank SG for putting us in this situation