All gone quiet over here .

munoz

Wouldn't it be good to hear 2 additional pieces of news also this week ?

On top of what we 'think' we know

1 more in 1 more out

That would be a lift before the weekend

Imagine this happening ;)

Fjelde - in

Naismith - out

Ps ; I have a feeling you'll like next week better ( just a guess of course )

Lottery numbers ? 

Ha , I wish

I'd make Saints a priority if I did win.

I think we needed a lift this week as I said the other day when I suggested ;) Thursday for double announcement

A wee surprise next week on the cards ?

Just guessing of course

Though if I win Euro millions I'd love to put us back in a new stadium at Love Street if that's ok ?

7 hours ago, eastlandssaint said:

"The position I was in I was only able to work within the budget that was already stated at the start of the season."

And there was me thinking SMISA had handed over an extra £9,000 for the transfer budget. If that's the budget exhausted perhaps he could have used some of it to address a problem both the manager and the chairman are continually highlighting - namely, signing a sodding leftback.

Disappointing to hear lots of talk banded about that only players,board etc should know about.Private conversations with individuals should be kept that way until the deals are finalised as it can be unsettling for all involved and we dont require any side issues at the moment.Its fair to say though that everybody and their granny knows that at least one player is moving on this week.I would like to wish him all the best.Great family and St Mirren through and through.

14 minutes ago, northendsaint said:

Disappointing to hear lots of talk banded about that only players,board etc should know about.Private conversations with individuals should be kept that way until the deals are finalised as it can be unsettling for all involved and we dont require any side issues at the moment.Its fair to say though that everybody and their granny knows that at least one player is moving on this week.I would like to wish him all the best.Great family and St Mirren through and through.

I appreciate what your saying , but I quite like reading the rumour mill , and totally agree with the good luck bit

"The position I was in I was only able to work within the budget that was already stated at the start of the season."
And there was me thinking SMISA had handed over an extra £9,000 for the transfer budget. If that's the budget exhausted perhaps he could have used some of it to address a problem both the manager and the chairman are continually highlighting - namely, signing a sodding leftback.

Something like I would think priority Loy SMISA money. Agree Naismith fee keep it quiet bring in left back.

6 hours ago, Stu said:

We can't just sign any left back. If we did, the manager would get pelters for signing rubbish. We know Naismith is on his way, and when that happens, another player will come in. I also think Clarkson will go too, at which point we will be able to get another player in.

The Alloa left back, who is apparently the one we're after, will require a compensation fee to be paid, which will be holding that deal back, until we receive a fee when Naismith goes.

I've probably totally oversimplified the whole situation, but that's how I see it.

4 hours ago, Soctty said:

We can't just sign any left back. If we did, the manager would get pelters for signing rubbish. We know Naismith is on his way, and when that happens, another player will come in. I also think Clarkson will go too, at which point we will be able to get another player in.

The Alloa left back, who is apparently the one we're after, will require a compensation fee to be paid, which will be holding that deal back, until we receive a fee when Naismith goes.

I've probably totally oversimplified the whole situation, but that's how I see it.

Is this based on anything? Just as I already had someone tell me today there's a chance of Clarkson being moved on and I dismissed it as wishful thinking but their reasoning was solid and suggested that we already know the forward that we want in to replace him.

Is this based on anything? Just as I already had someone tell me today there's a chance of Clarkson being moved on and I dismissed it as wishful thinking but their reasoning was solid and suggested that we already know the forward that we want in to replace him.

I heard he could leave on loan. East Fife is the destination I heard.

It's sounds like tomorrow or Thursday might turn out to be as busy as last weeks comings and goings . 

I believe you're correct.

Early signs at weekend as I said previously were that Wednesday would be a 'news day'

Regardless though , it makes a nice change for us to be busy in the first two weeks as opposed leaving it till the death , though being bottom would of expedited the process obviously.