Rory Loy

MarkL

15 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

A Dundee supporting customer of mine has just Txt to say that it is a permanent move and not a loan deal. 

Its not a permanent move its in the Dundee courier today its a loan move and hes not allowed to play against them in the cup game.

Just now, elvis said:

Its not a permanent move its in the Dundee courier today its a loan move and hes not allowed to play against them in the cup game.

Fair enough , just posting what was sent to me. However, if the Dundee Courier is as reliable as the PDE .....:rolleyes:

fwiw, IF it is permanent , i would think a player at Loys level would have a get out clause written in for possible relegation. IF its a loan deal, is it till season end with a view to a wee part -x for Mallan ?

Who knows ? We`ll just have to wait & see.

7 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Fair enough , just posting what was sent to me. However, if the Dundee Courier is as reliable as the PDE .....:rolleyes:

fwiw, IF it is permanent , i would think a player at Loys level would have a get out clause written in for possible relegation. IF its a loan deal, is it till season end with a view to a wee part -x for Mallan ?

Who knows ? We`ll just have to wait & see.

Seemingly a loan deal but won't be confirmed until tomorrow.

Good record in this division with Falkirk however the way we have been playing we could sign Aguero and still not get out of the mire as we simply do not make enough chances for strikers. It's not as if we have been missing loads, yes we haven't been scoring but I'm not sure that's down to the strikers to be honest.  He may provide a better target of better link up play which might help but the lack of creativity from the midfield is glaring.  As Sutton hinted at in his recent interview we would be better getting the ball wide and bombarding the box with crosses with 2 strikers like Sutton and Loy looking to get on the end of them.

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Good record in this division with Falkirk however the way we have been playing we could sign Aguero and still not get out of the mire as we simply do not make enough chances for strikers. It's not as if we have been missing loads, yes we haven't been scoring but I'm not sure that's down to the strikers to be honest.  He may provide a better target of better link up play which might help but the lack of creativity from the midfield is glaring.  As Sutton hinted at in his recent interview we would be better getting the ball wide and bombarding the box with crosses with 2 strikers like Sutton and Loy looking to get on the end of them.

Maybe that's what Jacks going to do .

5 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

it's alright signing Loy. But the supply to the strikers has been abysmal. Tells you how good a goalscorer Sutton to have scored 9 in all competitions. But good luck to Rory Loy.

Hopefully this will mean we can play two up front and Sutton will have more chances created for him too.  So often we seem to be punting the ball in to the box and nobody is there!

Quite happy with this. A goal every second game at this level, much better player than he was when we had him on loan as a kid, definitely improves our options up front. Assuming he plays at the weekend he'll be making his debut against a former club, visiting old stomping grounds often works well for strikers. Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Against QoS we had 15 shots on goal and they had 8. Beat 3-0.

Against Ayr we had 21 shots on goal (including a friggin missed penalty) and they had 8. 1-1 draw.

I think we are creating chances but cannot put them away. The forward line is as culpable as the defence for the position we are in.  Hopefully Loy can take advantage of the chances being made.and stick some away.

2 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

it's alright signing Loy. But the supply to the strikers has been abysmal. Tells you how good a goalscorer Sutton to have scored 9 in all competitions. But good luck to Rory Loy.

sometimes its about the striker though

Leicester wouldn't have created nearly as many chances last season though if they'd had a striker other than vardy

a different type of striker can change the dynamics completely