Shankland signs for The Ton

Can't say I'm that arsed to be honest.

He's a decent player, but clearly he isn't in Jack's plans and him sitting on the bench every week and getting bit part cameos isn't doing him, us or Aberdeen any good.

He should score a few goals in that Morton side I imagine but making them stronger really isn't a problem for me. We have to make ourselves stronger.

That's 3 out and only 1 in though, and still expect Naismith to follow.

10 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

I read somewhere that we can only have one player over 21 in our loans. Is that right? Shanks is 22 in August. That would make Loy as our only over 21 loanee when he arrives.

IIRC that rule is correct for within country, you can "loan" (although it is actually a transfer, as many as you like over 21 from outside Scotland....happy to be corrected it was a few years ago now

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

Second of our loanee strikers to move upwards during this window - have they been misused this season or are they as poor as many have suggested?

I know it will meet with strong disagreement, but he was the one player, when i saw him play that actually seemed to egg on his team mates and get stroppy with them for poor play, he played the Gowser role of moaning at everyone, while everyone else Captain included seemed deathly quite, i suspect he will do very well with Jim D.

1 minute ago, GreenockSaint said:

Would have rather we kept shankland and got rid of one the 2 fattys up front, surely a Loy, Shankland partnership would have beeen dangerous? 

I hope thats your attempt at a whoosh !  You dont consider Shanks a Fatty ?  His arse has its own gravitational pull ffs !

Just now, GreenockSaint said:

Would have rather we kept shankland and got rid of one the 2 fattys up front, surely a Loy, Shankland partnership would have beeen dangerous? 

Shankland was the 2 fatties up front. 

Good riddens. 

An absolute disgrace of a player to our monstrosity of a jersey. 

I

4 minutes ago, rea said:

I know it will meet with strong disagreement, but he was the one player, when i saw him play that actually seemed to egg on his team mates and get stroppy with them for poor play, he played the Gowser role of moaning at everyone, while everyone else Captain included seemed deathly quite, i suspect he will do very well with Jim D.

Maybe not strong disagreement rea but I was not impressed with the way he constantly complained about being fouled and moaning about instead of getting on with the game. He also went down too easily from good positions in my opinion. However I would have kept him on in preference to others but Shankland was one of the few we can easily let go of.