The Dome

Right since the dome is still down, is it damaged? Is it to much money to keep it up? What's happening, my 4 year old was looking forward to going back to his footy tomorrow and now it's off he is gutted.

There is no longer any high winds and as far as I can see there is non forecast, so what is wrong with this facility?

3 hours ago, linwood bud said:

Right since the dome is still down, is it damaged? Is it to much money to keep it up? What's happening, my 4 year old was looking forward to going back to his footy tomorrow and now it's off he is gutted.

There is no longer any high winds and as far as I can see there is non forecast, so what is wrong with this facility?

Part of the structure is torn and requires to be repaired before it can be reinflated.This work i,m informed is carried out by the same company who repair curtainsiders.As in everything i,m seeing at the club just now it aint a quick fix but a long term fix we are implementing.No more chewing gum and string which can only be better in the long run if we have the finances to sustain it.

4 hours ago, linwood bud said:

Contact the club and you will get an answer.

I e-mailed them today and received an e-mail reply within six minutes. Despite what some plumbers might have you believe, if you ask a reasonable question in a reasonable tone you will be treated like a normal human being.

Its much as Northend saint stated. Like so many things at our club, in the past, problems were largely ignored and cracks were quite literally papered over.

23 minutes ago, northendsaint said:

Part of the structure is torn and requires to be repaired before it can be reinflated.This work i,m informed is carried out by the same company who repair curtainsiders.As in everything i,m seeing at the club just now it aint a quick fix but a long term fix we are implementing.No more chewing gum and string which can only be better in the long run if we have the finances to sustain it.

Yeah , the company who do these repairs is Tony Beal ltd , based at Baillieston.

Like all these things, as you say , we can patch it up or we can get i fixed properly.  The area surrounding the north exit doors has ripped this time.,in the past i believe it has simply deflated due to the doors being blown open

If we hadn't cut costs when building  the stadium  we would have an indoor five a side hall in a permanent  brick structure  but decided to save money and built the outdoor pitches before then spending more money to alter pitches and install and maintain  the dome.

A short term idea at the time that's cost the club money and also lost us the revenue  from bookings every time the dome goes down.

And our present chairman  was the director in charge of the new stadium  build and the one who pulled the plug on a permanent  structure  at the time I'm led to believe.

If we hadn't cut costs when building  the stadium  we would have an indoor five a side hall in a permanent  brick structure  but decided to save money and built the outdoor pitches before then spending more money to alter pitches and install and maintain  the dome.
A short term idea at the time that's cost the club money and also lost us the revenue  from bookings every time the dome goes down.
And our present chairman  was the director in charge of the new stadium  build and the one who pulled the plug on a permanent  structure  at the time I'm led to believe.

Yes we could've spent money then building a proper building, but it would have been at a cost to something else we delivered. Exactly same reason we had a void for so long, it wasn't the priority.

On 1/18/2017 at 5:14 PM, madball said:

Yes we could've spent money then building a proper building, but it would have been at a cost to something else we delivered. Exactly same reason we had a void for so long, it wasn't the priority.

It left us with poorer training facilities  than we had at love st.

18 hours ago, jimmy 1 said:

Two indoor five as ide pitches. A gym . None of which we had at the stadium.  We also had a bar in complex at love st along with an aerobics hall.

None of this at the new stadium  at time of  opening

A couple of pints and a aerobics session must have gone down well with the players.:whistle

It looked a good idea at the time, but if it only performs a couple of times a season before collapsing, what's the point? The club should have invested in something far more solid, more likely to be a long-term success and not be flat as a bloody pancake. Visiting supporters point and laugh, home fans shrug their shoulders and try to pretend it never happened.... but enough about Jack Ross' St Mirren side, how's the dome doing?