The Dome

03 February 2017

Community Classes back at Airdome

SMFC Webteam
 Community News

St Mirren in the Community are pleased to confirm that the community classes are back on at the Carbrini@JD Airdome from 9:00am to 11:00am on Saturday and Sunday this weekend.

For more information on the community classes please contact Fiona Dainty by e-mail at [email protected].

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, HSS said:

Is it not about time we got rid of the JD  branding from the Dome.Don't know why we're giving those useless bastards free advertising.

The dome advert may be a bit tricky to get down given it's size and the fact that it appears to be a massive transfer that's not really designed to come off. Hopefully something can fit right on top of it. I was quite disappointed to see that the side panels on the stands and above the exits remain though. They should have been long gone by now. 

I did wonder why the JD signs were still on the sides of the stands. It's a large advertising space that the club should be looking to make use of. It could be, as suggested before, that although they no longer supply our kit, they are still sponsoring us on some level. But I doubt that.

You would imagine the Joma rep' who negotiated with GLS would be the one to push for any old 'technical supplier' branding to be removed from the stadium if JD are no longer paying to advertise anywhere. What have JD still got on display? The dome adverts, the gable end round adverts, vomitory and stairs adverts and their logos on the HoF panels?

You would hope that amount of advertising would be getting paid for. If it isn't, down to Joma and the BoD to get rid of it.

On 09/07/2017 at 1:19 PM, pozbaird said:

You would imagine the Joma rep' who negotiated with GLS would be the one to push for any old 'technical supplier' branding to be removed from the stadium if JD are no longer paying to advertise anywhere. What have JD still got on display? The dome adverts, the gable end round adverts, vomitory and stairs adverts and their logos on the HoF panels?

You would hope that amount of advertising would be getting paid for. If it isn't, down to Joma and the BoD to get rid of it.

No mention of JD here, so one would assume they are now out of the picture and all of their branding should be removed ASAP. Unless anyone knows differently...

https://www.stmirren.com/commercial/advertising/sponsors-partners

On ‎08‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 11:26 AM, Saint Garf said:

I did wonder why the JD signs were still on the sides of the stands. It's a large advertising space that the club should be looking to make use of. It could be, as suggested before, that although they no longer supply our kit, they are still sponsoring us on some level. But I doubt that.

Perhaps Smisa could spend every penny they have (including maximising any overdraft facility) on using that space to advertise themselves.  The advert could say "join Smisa, we are now skint".

On 08/07/2017 at 11:26 AM, Saint Garf said:

The company I work for still has advertising boards up in most Scottish clubs grounds. That's despite not paying for the space in the last two seasons and having delisted the product in the last 12 months.

I don't think it's as easy to fill the space as some think. So do you have blank spaces or leave the old stuff?

15 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

The company I work for still has advertising boards up in most Scottish clubs grounds. That's despite not paying for the space in the last two seasons and having delisted the product in the last 12 months.

I don't think it's as easy to fill the space as some think. So do you have blank spaces or leave the old stuff?

Blank spaces of course. That way any potential advertisers will notice a blank space and enquire to fill it rather than seeing a full space and presume it's bought and paid for so no bother enquiring. 

31 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Blank spaces of course. That way any potential advertisers will notice a blank space and enquire to fill it rather than seeing a full space and presume it's bought and paid for so no bother enquiring. 

Is pitchside advertising really worth it though? It's being viewed by 3/4 of a stadium for 90 mins a fortnight. If I was a company I would be investing on online advertising, etc.

have you ever bought any goods or service based on a pitchside advert?

1 hour ago, aldo_j said:

Is pitchside advertising really worth it though? It's being viewed by 3/4 of a stadium for 90 mins a fortnight. If I was a company I would be investing on online advertising, etc.

have you ever bought any goods or service based on a pitchside advert?

Can only be grateful to the one's that take up the advertising. We need all the income we can get.