Pal Fjelde - Norwegian midfielder/centre half

Stu

I don't want to be seen as a purveyor of doom but I am so under enthused when I read articles from players that have just joined a club saying things like "we shouldn't be bottom of the league" and "we are good enough to stay up." Does any self respecting fan actually buy into that. It amazes me that some Saints fans that I know, grown men, foam at the mouth in excitement, when a player comes out with this type of nonsense. I know it is not the player's fault as he is being asked the question but it is just the same old rhetoric getting fed to us over and over again from players that are here purely as sticking plaster. I just wish they would say "I am here to give it my all until the end of the season and hopefully that will help the team stay up." I go to all the games, I never boo the players during the 90 minutes as it is clearly detrimental to the team but I also am realistic enough to know these articles are not worth the paper they are printed on. I am sick of words and want some bloody action and reaction.

9 hours ago, Stoobs said:

I don't want to be seen as a purveyor of doom but I am so under enthused when I read articles from players that have just joined a club saying things like "we shouldn't be bottom of the league" and "we are good enough to stay up." Does any self respecting fan actually buy into that. It amazes me that some Saints fans that I know, grown men, foam at the mouth in excitement, when a player comes out with this type of nonsense. I know it is not the player's fault as he is being asked the question but it is just the same old rhetoric getting fed to us over and over again from players that are here purely as sticking plaster. I just wish they would say "I am here to give it my all until the end of the season and hopefully that will help the team stay up." I go to all the games, I never boo the players during the 90 minutes as it is clearly detrimental to the team but I also am realistic enough to know these articles are not worth the paper they are printed on. I am sick of words and want some bloody action and reaction.

Good Day Sir let me introduce myself. My name is Hampshire headthebaw I'm extremely happy to join your club. I left fairy United as I could not get a game there. To join such a small club with such moaning fans is a dream come true. The fact we will be relegated at the end of the season is the kind of ambition we players crave. I look forward to wearing the stripes on a Saturday and hearing the legendary abuse from the St Mirren stands. This better Stoobs?  

17 minutes ago, Stoobs said:

Honest, to the point, accurate. It is not what the player is saying that annoys me so much. It is the fact that fans get excited listening to the pish that comes out in these articles.

I'm surprised people still buy or read the likes of the record or the sun anymore . 

The interview is from the PDE, which is part of the same group as the Record. For a good few years now all the local papers (including the one I work for) upload stuff to the Record website rather than having their own - nothing worse than having to provide a reality check to folk who think a national newspaper has picked up their story.

EDIT: The main reason I shared it was because he's a signing none of us had heard of and we know sod all about and this provided a bit more background.

The articles I despise more than anything are when one of the Old Firm sign someone and the following day there will be some drivel from one of his former team-mates or managers, usually with a connection to Scottish football, talking about how wonderful he is. They never, ever say he's useless - even the one about Mohsni was positive. A slight variation on this theme came during the Euros in the summer when one paper asked David Clarkson about Danny Rose as they'd been together at Bristol Rovers for about a month :lol:

Edited by Stu

My personal favourite overused word is "vow". It's another favourite with the tabloids and since the only time I read an article with "vow" in the headline I have never repeated the mistake. I couldn't give a fcuk what tosser vows what to fill column inches. It's boak inducing p!sh.

33 minutes ago, scam75 said:

My personal favourite overused word is "vow". It's another favourite with the tabloids and since the only time I read an article with "vow" in the headline I have never repeated the mistake. I couldn't give a fcuk what tosser vows what to fill column inches. It's boak inducing p!sh.

vow.jpg

I know exactly what you mean.

Edited by Bobby_F

Pål Fjelde

Is not pronounced 'pal'... it's more like Paul.

Stick Pål Fjelde in the box to be pronounced and then ask for Norwegian pronunciation and you'll get the 'Paul' example.

Stick in Pal and it will offer you pal...

It depends on what is the correct spelling of his name, I guess.

5 hours ago, antrin said:

Pål Fjelde

Is not pronounced 'pal'... it's more like Paul.

Stick Pål Fjelde in the box to be pronounced and then ask for Norwegian pronunciation and you'll get the 'Paul' example.

Stick in Pal and it will offer you pal...

It depends on what is the correct spelling of his name, I guess.

Yer right enough. It's Pawl(!) :P

• 4 months later...
5 minutes ago, ScotstounSaint said:

On trial at Fredrikstad FK, who are currently bottom of the Norwegian 2nd Division.Though they did get their first win in the league since September 2016 on Sunday!

https://www.f-b.no/nyheter/ffk/aleksander-olsen/skottland-proff-kan-vare-ffk-aktuell/s/5-59-781202

Best of luck to the guy - he could feature in a team of Overseas Saints who made 10 appearances or less.

Edited by Bud the Baker

23 minutes ago, pondsman said:

Best of luck to Pal. I thought he didn't get much of a chance to show what he could do. Just a few appearances as sub, when I thought he was OK.

I have no idea if he was any good or not. I nipped to the lavvy and missed his St Mirren career.

1 hour ago, ScotstounSaint said:

On trial at Fredrikstad FK, who are currently bottom of the Norwegian 2nd Division.Though they did get their first win in the league since September 2016 on Sunday!

https://www.f-b.no/nyheter/ffk/aleksander-olsen/skottland-proff-kan-vare-ffk-aktuell/s/5-59-781202

Pål Fjelde is a central midfielder and has recently played for St. Mirren at Level 2 in Scotland. He has previously played for Viking and Bryne. He has also played defense earlier.

- He is technically well-educated and running strong. In addition, he is a good type that can withstand a lot of exercise. He has some qualities that we are looking for, says Olsen.