St Mirren Parking - bought and relocated

I went to drop off my car with St Mirren Parking yesterday morning having booked through their website on Tuesday night. Upon arriving I found there was no-one there although the lights were on in the portacabin so I assumed they were dropping off at the airport and would be back shortly. Not the case.

There was a piece of A4 paper stuck on the door of the portacabin advising that cars should be parked in Clark Street next to Oskars, sure enough I found the St Mirren Parking mini-bus type vehicle parked there. It seems Purple Parking have bought St Mirren Parking and relocated it to Clark Street I think to existing Purple Parking premises i.e. a big warehose type building; the bloke working there on Thursday morning said he only found out on Wednesday night.

There are still a few cars parked at Greenhill Road but once their owners return from their travels and remove them it would seem the football club will once again have full use of the car park presumably in time for the next home game on the 28th against Falkirk. Perhaps an opportunity for "someone else" to set up another airport parking venture on site.

13 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Thanks Al.

I hope this brought in a tidy sum.

This provides the board with an opportunity to offer low cost parking to fans and get vehicles off the roads around the stadium.

Maybe extend deals to members of the 1877 Club or others.

The car parking was a decent earner by all accounts. Losing that is a blow, on top of the loss of what was a very lucrative deal with JD Sports.

The new board are really going to have to juggle well to cope with the finances, especially if the unthinkable happens and we are relegated again.

The car parking was a decent earner by all accounts. Losing that is a blow, on top of the loss of what was a very lucrative deal with JD Sports.
The new board are really going to have to juggle well to cope with the finances, especially if the unthinkable happens and we are relegated again.

Take it the JD deal is up at the end of the season?

23 minutes ago, rebella15 said:

Sr Mirren Parking limited is not owned by the club

Hence the loss to the club. Business sold at no gain to us and loss of the rental income from the land used to park the vehicles. They were not competitive at all price wise even with the ST discount. When it comes to airport parking most folk plump for the cheapest option as they all offer virtually identical service.

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Hence the loss to the club. Business sold at no gain to us and loss of the rental income from the land used to park the vehicles. They were not competitive at all price wise even with the ST discount. When it comes to airport parking most folk plump for the cheapest option as they all offer virtually identical service.

Thanks for the info guys.

4 hours ago, rebella15 said:

Sr Mirren Parking limited is not owned by the club

Correct. They rented out the car park all year round though, and the car park most definitely is owned by the club.

This is a hit to our annual revenue we did not need.

4 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

And I'm guessing for most people with a season ticket it's easier getting someone to drop you off at the airport or cheaper getting a taxi.

Think the parking idea was set up by a director who was only on the board for a year or so before the takeover. Shame, hopefully we can find an alternative - although hopefully it will stop poor, innocent children battling their way to the ground throw the snow only to be told they have to park at Asda. Which definitely happened.

Correct. They rented out the car park all year round though, and the car park most definitely is owned by the club.
This is a hit to our annual revenue we did not need.

Surely the lease / rental agreement will have been set for a fixed period rather than allowing immediate cancellation. So unless the period has ended at the end of December there may be some residual income to give us some time to consider our options.
Owning the car park could give us an advantage in price as I think most of the others in the area have to rent the land. We are not trying to attract locals to park so as has been said - cheapest gets the business.

Guest TPAFKATS

Surely the lease / rental agreement will have been set for a fixed period rather than allowing immediate cancellation. So unless the period has ended at the end of December there may be some residual income to give us some time to consider our options.
Owning the car park could give us an advantage in price as I think most of the others in the area have to rent the land. We are not trying to attract locals to park so as has been said - cheapest gets the business.

The going rate for buying land for parking near airport seems to be around £20k going by the numerous plots that are forever on rightmove

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Interesting snippet in the local press about a company pitching up and charging people to park at a car park behing one of the unsold Co-Op / Budgens stores in Prestwick. Guy in a high viz jacket trying to take money off motorists claiming to work for St Mirren Parking ???

It's not particularly pleasing that a company which the club appears to have no connection with is  using a name that people may connect with the club- even more so if that company is then attracting negative headlines. Sems the company are still registered with a trading address being in Glasgow. Apparently from the story down in Prestwick the letters being used to try to enforce the parking charges on those who are questioning them does not have a trading address just a website which appears defunct. Motorists seem to think it is some sort of scam and have approached the local police and trading standards.

7 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Interesting snippet in the local press about a company pitching up and charging people to park at a car park behing one of the unsold Co-Op / Budgens stores in Prestwick. Guy in a high viz jacket trying to take money off motorists claiming to work for St Mirren Parking ???

A bit of a walk to the game :unsure: