Best end to a season ever coming up?

Ross has us playing some very nice expansive football -and we're getting results. Could this be one of the best ends to a season ever. On par with Fir park?

I think if we stay up it should be more relief than celebration. It's ridiculous that a club like us is flirting with third tier football.

I am hopeful that we will do it and if we do it will be a great escape.

The last few weeks have repaired years of damage and finally it feels like everyone is behind the manager and pulling in the same direction.

6 minutes ago, div said:

I think if we stay up it should be more relief than celebration. It's ridiculous that a club like us is flirting with third tier football.

The last few weeks have repaired years of damage and finally it feels like everyone is behind the manager and pulling in the same direction.

Except for those that are still in the huff.:whistle

It's going to be some end to this season for sure and if we pull it off as div said it will be more relief than celebration.the clubs went through some major transactions in the last few years. most of the infrastructure has been rebuilt and that has reflected on performances on the park. so lets look at the positives from this season so far we have a young competent  manager who is inspiring a group of players who weren't in a good place not so long ago.digging out results.(and some are getting international recognition) a bod that's backing the manager. A new infrastructure.and something I haven't heard in a long time the fans singing their hearts out. whether we stay up or go down we are a club on the up. 

I realise that escaping relegation isn't a cause for celebration, but given the absolute clusterf**k of a season we've had with all those defeats and so many piss poor, disinterested performances, I'll certainly be celebrating my relief if we do get away with it.    

16 hours ago, David Mc said:

Best end to a season 26, 59, 68, 77, 87, 00, 06.

77 for me. 87 might have been up there but I got married a few months after the final which effectively meant more responsibility and Less St Mirren and I missed most of 00 and 06. Back in the front line again now so hopefully 17 will be a year to remember for avoiding relegation.

:withstupid

St Mirren till I die

unless the wife tells me otherwise

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/01/2017 at 0:29 PM, northstbuddie said:

We have literally been all over the place in recent seasons with new managers and so-called promising new signings - only for our hopes to be cruelly dashed time after time.

Will the run up to the end of the 2016/17 season see us achieve the greatest escape ever?

Personally I think the Jack Ross and James Fowler management team can pull it off, even although results so far would not appear to back up that opinion. Many professionals in the game speak highly of JR and his potential to be a first rate football manager. His excursion into the January transfer window so far, appears to be addressing the obvious weaknesses in the imbalanced squad he inherited.

If we avoid the drop to the 3rd level of Scottish football it would truly be the greatest feat in recent times even surpassing the League Cup win of 2013. 

We, the fans, have an important part to play in turning up in larger numbers and giving the team our positive support and encouragement. However, this will only happen in response to better results on the park - a chicken & egg situation perhaps.

Even if we do not succeed in staying in the Championship this season, the indications are that JR (quite rightly) will stay in post and that where there previously was only despair, there is now at least hope of better things to come in the not too distant future.

Three months later Jack and the boys look like pulling it off in style.

I hope GS is planning to offer Jack and James the kind of contracts they would find it difficult to refuse!

The most telling thing for me now is the mood amongst the squad. We lost two players from Saturday yet went to Greenock and owned them. As Gordon Waddell pointed out on sport-sound tonight, the players are wanting to play for Jack Ross and James Fowler. That is clearly evident after the last few appointments. Long may this continue and Ross and Fowler keep the blend strong. It's presently working but now is the real test. We have it in our hands so let's do this.

1 hour ago, northstbuddie said:

Three months later Jack and the boys look like pulling it off in style.

I hope GS is planning to offer Jack and James the kind of contracts they would find it difficult to refuse!

I hope their already on it.

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 8:25 PM, div said:

^^^^^^ This.

Best end to a season ever? :lol:

Despite the plight we find ourselves in, it has been a remarkable couple of months. The team playing great football, getting loads of points on board, and the fans lapping it up, providing fantastic support on an unprecedented scale considering the position we find ourselves in.

It may not be a trophy laden promotion season, but it's been a fantastic run of form which has united the club with the fans once again. That's as good a reason as any to call it a great end to the season, especially when we stay up.

Yeah, this is the most I've enjoyed going to the football in years. The games are good, the team and fans are up for it, and for the first time in ages there is a feelgood factor.

There is still every chance we will get relegated, our last four fixtures are bad, and we probably need to win at least two of them. It's possible though, and who'd have believed  that a few months ago?

4 minutes ago, norman said:

Yeah, this is the most I've enjoyed going to the football in years. The games are good, the team and fans are up for it, and for the first time in ages there is a feelgood factor.

There is still every chance we will get relegated, our last four fixtures are bad, and we probably need to win at least two of them. It's possible though, and who'd have believed  that a few months ago?

I think there is very little chance we will go down now. As difficult as our fixtures are, we are the form team of the league over the past 3 full months - it's not just a purple patch. We go to Falkirk on Saturday, in what will probably be the most difficult game we have left, and most of us fully expect to take something from it. There's a reason we are now long odds to go down mate - the bookies don't often lose money.

You're right to remain wary, although I find it difficult because I have such confidence in this team and this manager. Win on Saturday and we're another huge step of the way there.

1 minute ago, Soctty said:

I think there is very little chance we will go down now. As difficult as our fixtures are, we are the form team of the league over the past 3 full months - it's not just a purple patch. We go to Falkirk on Saturday, in what will probably be the most difficult game we have left, and most of us fully expect to take something from it. There's a reason we are now long odds to go down mate - the bookies don't often lose money.

You're right to remain wary, although I find it difficult because I have such confidence in this team and this manager. Win on Saturday and we're another huge step of the way there.

Still a lot of work to be done.

We are in good form for sure but with Falkirk and Utd still very much having something to play for neither game is going to be easy.

Raith could easily beat Morton on Saturday, pushing us back into the play-offs unless we also win at Falkirk.

Ayr have given Dundee Utd some decent games this season and Utd are rank away from home so you never know.

Just need to keep getting points on the board and we'll be fine but we can't take anything for granted.

Just now, div said:

Still a lot of work to be done.

We are in good form for sure but with Falkirk and Utd still very much having something to play for neither game is going to be easy.

Raith could easily beat Morton on Saturday, pushing us back into the play-offs unless we also win at Falkirk.

Ayr have given Dundee Utd some decent games this season and Utd are rank away from home so you never know.

Just need to keep getting points on the board and we'll be fine but we can't take anything for granted.

You're right, which is why I said there is every reason to be wary. However, we were excellent again on Tuesday night, and the morale among the players is sky high, with a fantastic team spirit among the team. Falkirk have everything to play for as well, but we are the form team in the division over the past 3 months - a third of a season - through the hard work and team work Jack Ross has instilled in his players. I can see a hard fought draw as Falkirk are just behind us in that form table on goal difference.

I know I'm getting carried away with it all, but I can't help it. We're on a roll and I'm enjoying the ride. B)