St Mirren v Falkirk - 28 January 2017

southsidebud

Must win or Must not lose?

Hopefully all Buddies will be out in force for this one.

I would class this as "Must Match" - in terms of matching the results of Ayr and Dumbarton. This will then be followed up with matches against both of our closest targets (while they also play each other during the same period). A huge set of games and possibly the last opportunity to nip into the last chance saloon. :)

As we are now entering the business end of the league season in a state of crisis - the two cup games are fading into insignificance - which is a shame as they should be a couple of good days out.

COME ON YE SAINTS!

With still 2 games a piece to come against Ayr and Dumbarton , this isn't a must win game but we really do need to start putting some wins on the board soon . 

I think next weeks cup game has come at a good time, cause it will give the new players time to settle in .

Saints win 2-1 .

I will miss this one as I have an appointment to keep with my good lady to celebrate our 5oth wedding anniversary that day.

I know - feeble excuse, but what can you do.

Come on the Sains.

PS My brother in laws 50th was on January 7th so thats two games missed this month.

It just will not do.

Edited by St.Ricky

On Sunday, January 15, 2017 at 9:15 AM, southsidebud said:

Must win or Must not lose?

Hopefully all Buddies will be out in force for this one.

I would class this as "Must Match" - in terms of matching the results of Ayr and Dumbarton. This will then be followed up with matches against both of our closest targets (while they also play each other during the same period). A huge set of games and possibly the last opportunity to nip into the last chance saloon. :)

As we are now entering the business end of the league season in a state of crisis - the two cup games are fading into insignificance - which is a shame as they should be a couple of good days out.

COME ON YE SAINTS!

One good day put on the Cup under our belts. 

You are right. Tough stretch in the league but also one with opportunity.

I will miss this one in body as I have a long standing  (50 th Anniversary ) commitment.

COYS 

One good day put on the Cup under our belts. 
You are right. Tough stretch in the league but also one with opportunity.
I will miss this one in body as I have a long standing  (50 th Anniversary ) commitment.
COYS 

Hope the anniversary evening goes well!

After yesterday's confidence boost things look so much better - the task looks just that bit more achievable. [emoji5]

I had a really vivid dream last night. Straight up - I was going to the St Mirren v Falkirk game, arriving at the ground, the stadium was like Somerset Park meets old-school Dens Park. Old tin roofed sheds and wooden benches for seating with flaking paint and rotting wood. To get to my seat I had to run around the track, which was red blaes. I sat on a wooden bench and right across on the opposite side of the field there was a bit of handbags between a few players and a St Mirren player was sent off. The next thing, I'm suddenly outside on the street walking home, right after the sending off, and I hear a voice saying '0-0'. Then - I woke up with a start - my cat was wailing and hissing through his catflap which usually means a neighbouring cat is outside on the decking looking in. The bedside clock flashed '6.59 am'. I went down to investigate and when I put the kitchen light on, lying pan breid' in the utility room beside his food bowl was a big mouse. He'd obviously had a good night out hunting. Then, after dealing with the poor murdered mouse, I went back to bed.

Hand on heart, one of those dreams that was in vivid detail. So, 0-0 with ten men in my dream. Hmm. Bookmark this... naw, really, don't!

Edited by pozbaird

58 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I would not change a winning team (assuming Mallan and McAllister make it until Saturday). These guys can go on the bench and come on when we are 3-0 up :)

Unfortunately , I'd be surprised if they are both still here next week .

Edited by munoz

11 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I had a really vivid dream last night. Straight up - I was going to the St Mirren v Falkirk game, arriving at the ground, the stadium was like Somerset Park meets old-school Dens Park. Old tin roofed sheds and wooden benches for seating with flaking paint and rotting wood. To get to my seat I had to run around the track, which was red blaes. I sat on a wooden bench and right across on the opposite side of the field there was a bit of handbags between a few players and a St Mirren player was sent off. The next thing, I'm suddenly outside on the street walking home, right after the sending off, and I hear a voice saying '0-0'. Then - I woke up with a start - my cat was wailing and hissing through his catflap which usually means a neighbouring cat is outside on the decking looking in. The bedside clock flashed '6.59 am'. I went down to investigate and when I put the kitchen light on, lying pan breid' in the utility room beside his food bowl was a big mouse. He'd obviously had a good night out hunting. Then, after dealing with the poor murdered mouse, I went back to bed.

Hand on heart, one of those dreams that was in vivid detail. So, 0-0 with ten men in my dream. Hmm. Bookmark this... naw, really, don't!

Hmmmmmm, your cat represents St Mirren ( loveable but erratic ) the mouse represents Falkirk ( vermin), the 0-0 scoreline is your own deepseated fear of having a positive expectation chewed up and left beside the food bowl, ( a feeling shared by all buddies) 

Fear no more Poz, the cat will triumph.

That'll be $400 by the way.

B)

4 minutes ago, BaldyOzBud said:

Hmmmmmm, your cat represents St Mirren ( loveable but erratic ) the mouse represents Falkirk ( vermin), the 0-0 scoreline is your own deepseated fear of having a positive expectation chewed up and left beside the food bowl, ( a feeling shared by all buddies) 

Fear no more Poz, the cat will triumph.

That'll be $400 by the way.

B)

Well, I'll be in Melbourne in early February 2018, so will square up with you then!

Bit of a conundrum now for the starting XI with Demetriou, Todd and Loy all available for this game. 

Not a conundrum for me. The team played well yesterday so we make no changes for Saturday. It's up to the others to get themselves back in the team.

That's obviously assuming we have no one leaving us in the week.

22 hours ago, pozbaird said:

It's the M & Ms the colours make for toxic poisoning.