This is the Modern World. .

saintnextlifetime

Maybe you have already had the "benefit" of these in your street ? I don't doubt they save the cooncil money , once they have recooped their 11 millions investment, but to say they make the street brighter is just pure PR pash . .

http://www.renfrewshire.gov.uk/LEDlights

. .Modern life Is rubbish. .

24 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

I seem to be in the minority regarding the new lights. I actually prefer them and can see more clearly now driving at night where they've replaced those old sodium yellow bulbs.

One of the disadvantages though is the lights only lighting up the road and pavement and not the house numbers. Which can be a nuisance for the taxi drivers.

Yay for the new lights !! We want more !:clapping

Guest TPAFKATS

They would save more money if the Feckers were not on
during daylight.

I'm sure they have sensors now that automatically switch on a section of lights when the lux falls below a certain level?

They tend to provide a spot rather than flood light, and this does result in little pockets of darkness. They must present a hazard to pedestrians in terms of being able to avoid dug shite in the blackspots. Surely this should prompt a campaign for the return of the more readily visible white dug shite.

• 2 months later...
On 16 January 2017 at 9:43 PM, Slartibartfast said:

At least there is less light pollution from them. The way they direct all their light downwards means there is less chance of being spotted and bombed by the pesky Luftwaffe. It's a win win situation.

It looks like the Luftwaffe are still having some success , if the craters are anything to go by . .however , come the glorious day when we have independence in Euro*e , all our roads will be as smooth as eggshell. .-_-

• 10 months later...
2 hours ago, cockles1987 said:
3 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:
On a recent flight out of Abbotsinch International Aerdrome , Paisley , I noticed due to high cloud that our area does now look quite different with these new fangled lights we have. .

http://uk.businessinsider.com/astronaut-photos-light-polution-led-nasa-esa-2015-8?r=US&IR=T

I'm no scientist but it's obvious that the new lights are actually lighting up the streets instead of the sky.

Yes , that is obviously the case but did you watch the video . .

ETA : http://uk.businessinsider.com/astonauts-photos-from-space-leds-light-pollution-2016-1?r=US&IR=T

Edited by saintnextlifetime