The Run In - Championship 2016/2017

After thinking long and hard I have decided it may be better if we eventually go down,I don't think the crowds would be any worse I we have a winning team on the park,our crowds are better than some Premier clubs.

We have been brutal and every time we get a result so do the teams around us.

The club are in a mess and we must prepare for a long and difficult road back.

I will still be there next season as any real fan will.Lets stick together for the sake of our beloved team 

34 minutes ago, lochee lad said:

After thinking long and hard I have decided it may be better if we eventually go down,I don't think the crowds would be any worse I we have a winning team on the park,our crowds are better than some Premier clubs.

We have been brutal and every time we get a result so do the teams around us.

The club are in a mess and we must prepare for a long and difficult road back.

I will still be there next season as any real fan will.Lets stick together for the sake of our beloved team 

Did we not think that when we got relegated to the championship

lets catch ayr. Let's Stay up. Let's get a good team ready for next year. Let's throw everything we have at this. Beat Dumbarton and there is a chance we go to ayr knowing we could beat them and be 1 behind. If we beat Dumbarton and they lose we will take a massive support down there and this as we seen at Dundee can make the difference.  They will also start to feel the heat. I believe we need this on Saturday.  We must play it like there is nothing to lose

15 hours ago, irvine_buddie said:

Cheer up lads, come the end of February we'll be in a cup final, quarter final of the scottish cup and only be 1 point behind Ayr :whistle

I think we only have 2 league games in February plus the games against the New Saints and East Fife. Ayr are scheduled to play 4 league games in February, so there is every chance the gap could increase even if we win the head to head against them.

8 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I think we only have 2 league games in February plus the games against the New Saints and East Fife. Ayr are scheduled to play 4 league games in February, so there is every chance the gap could increase even if we win the head to head against them.

Cheers mate. We were all in danger of having a little hope there. Glad you sorted that out we wouldn't want that would we.

Surely if we can actually string 2 wins to together then it's a good bet we will be 1 point behind Ayr with games in hand. Who are Ayr going to beat? Dumbarton maybe? Other games are against Hibs Raith Rovers and us. If we take care of our side of it I think we'll be in a far better position... it's up to us though, we have to start winning games.

Did we not think that when we got relegated to the championship

Hopefully, we will not be saying "it will be good for us to go down, get a winning team....blah blah blah" as we are about to be relegated to the Lowland League and exciting games against Selkirk, Gala Fairydean, Whitehill Welfare et al. I am an optimist and think we will bottom out in the first division though.

15 minutes ago, Stoobs said:

Hopefully, we will not be saying "it will be good for us to go down, get a winning team....blah blah blah" as we are about to be relegated to the Lowland League and exciting games against Selkirk, Gala Fairydean, Whitehill Welfare et al. I am an optimist and think we will bottom out in the first division though.

Hey there woud be a string of damn near home games for me there!

tried to workout as close and as simple as possible a scenario that would see us worst case scenario have to win the play offs to stay up.

given our points gap, games to play for us and Ayr i reckon we need as a minimum to win six games to pass and stay above them given ours and their form so far. That is the size of the task we have, to be 300% better/more successful than we have been so far this season. Chilling!

Edited by Lord Pityme

1 hour ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Surely if we can actually string 2 wins to together then it's a good bet we will be 1 point behind Ayr with games in hand. Who are Ayr going to beat? Dumbarton maybe? Other games are against Hibs Raith Rovers and us. If we take care of our side of it I think we'll be in a far better position... it's up to us though, we have to start winning games.

So Ayr will lose all their games in February then. In their last 10 games they've lost 4 and we've lost 5.

4 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

So Ayr will lose all their games in February then. In their last 10 games they've lost 4 and we've lost 5.

They also have 6 points (all draws) from the last 12 games and we have 9 in that period.. you can make stats say anything you want.

16 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

tried to workout as close and as simple as possible a scenario that would see us worst case scenario have to win the play offs to stay up.

given our points gap, games to play for us and Ayr i reckon we need as a minimum to win six games to pass and stay above them given ours and their form so far. That is the size of the task we have, to be 300% better/more successful than we have been so far this season. Chilling!

I think we need to just concentrate on catching Ayr, especially since we really want Dumbarton to beat them the weekend we are playing in the Scottish Cup. If we get to a playoff with Alloa or a similiar team then we just need to bank on us winning that over 2 legs, if we can't do that we don't deserve to stay up.

1 minute ago, irvine_buddie said:

They also have 6 points (all draws) from the last 12 games and we have 9 in that period.. you can make stats say anything you want.

I think we need to just concentrate on catching Ayr, especially since we really want Dumbarton to beat them the weekend we are playing in the Scottish Cup. If we get to a playoff with Alloa or a similiar team then we just need to bank on us winning that over 2 legs, if we can't do that we don't deserve to stay up.

February does give us a serious chance to make inroads into the gap between us and Dumbarton and Ayr. Results from the last 12 games only make the point that we need to win more games in our next 12 league games if we want to overtake Ayr. We can't keep on banking on Ayr not winning all their league games this year and I'd rather not go into our last 2 league games having only made up another 3 points on Ayr over the next 12 matches.

2 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

If we beat them and you'd expect Hibs to beat them then it's Dumbarton and Raith Rovers... If all goes to form then yes it's not out of the question. As i said we need to do our bit or we're fecked.

9 hours ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

If we beat them and you'd expect Hibs to beat them then it's Dumbarton and Raith Rovers... If all goes to form then yes it's not out of the question. As i said we need to do our bit or we're fecked.

Raith Rovers have lost their last 4 league games in a row and are the only team in the league to have lost as often as St Mirren in the last 10 games. Ayr might not have won a league game since October but have a knack of picking up draws regularly and getting surprise results, I don't think they'll lose 4 in a row.

22 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Raith Rovers have lost their last 4 league games in a row and are the only team in the league to have lost as often as St Mirren in the last 10 games. Ayr might not have won a league game since October but have a knack of picking up draws regularly and getting surprise results, I don't think they'll lose 4 in a row.

I agree that football is unpredictable but i'd say it's very possible considering the opposition, assuming we can do our part. Let's face it we need a bit of luck as well as positive results.

Well jacks been backed to an unprecedented extent in the January window. I can't remember the club ever being so active at this stage of the season.

With the amount of money spent and the quality we have brought in we should catch Ayr, whether we will is quite another matter.

We really need to end this hopeless run of 6 games without a league win on Saturday though.

My first home game will be the 11th of March. 5pm kick off against Dunfermline at home. Then straight up to check into ibis in Glasgow for a Night. On to the O2 for The Stranglers hits tour. Sounds like a great day out. Fully expect The Saints to be close to a play off position by then making it one of the many cup finals. Great !  

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Only downer where do you go yourself after a gig. Rock pub next to central station. Hate being myself in Glasgow.  

Have you tried Diamond Dolls?You go in yourself but you'll soon have company.

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

My first home game will be the 11th of March. 5pm kick off against Dunfermline at home. Then straight up to check into ibis in Glasgow for a Night. On to the O2 for The Stranglers hits tour. Sounds like a great day out. Fully expect The Saints to be close to a play off position by then making it one of the many cup finals. Great !  

Mind and get in your seat before 5pm on the 11th of March, would hate for you to miss any of the action.

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I'll be coming through for the New Saints Game. Nothing as upmarket as the IBIS though. Days Inn Sat. Night.  Several libations in Paisley Sunday. Premier Inn Sunday night. Afternoon on the piss Monday in Glasgow with a few mates. Hopefully I'll be making similar arrangements for the final.

Edited by East Lothian Saint
No Public Transport