The Run In - Championship 2016/2017

19 minutes ago, shull said:

Ayr Unitit are scaring me, as are Dumbarton. 

COME ON THE ARABS 

1. Utd will beat Ayr.

2. We'll beat Ayr.

3. We'll beat Dumbarton.

Saturday promises to be a fantastic atmosphere, with a big crowd in attendance, roaring the players on. Well rested and prepared for the challenge of Ayr, with Cammy Smith back in contention. A good win here and momentum is truly with us. Feel the positivity.

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

As i,posted elsewhere Dundee Utd chairman Thompson in the media giving his manager the dreaded vote of confidence = result fir Ayr tonight.

That's the way it normally works, but I think Utd will have taken a big boost from Saturday, having played some pretty decent stuff in the second half, and can see them winning comfortably. My judgement possibly clouded by bias, but same goes for all Saints fans, one way or another,

We can't win games for anyone else, so just need to hope that United do us a turn tonight. They have everything to play for, so should be fully committed to getting a positive result.

I'd be worried if this wasn't an important match for them, but they'll be focussed and should do the business. Then it'll be over to us. Saturday should be a cracker.

13 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Given the results bottom teams have got against top teams recently its probably a stick on Ayr will get a result tonight. Dundee utd will still end up in the play offs whatever the result.

Stick some money on it - you'll get very generous odds. 15/2 with Bet365 - nice little earner.

4 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Really need a United win tonight.  An Ayr win and they're up to 7th and all but out of the running to finish 10th.

United are on a high they will win tonight.We will win our next two home games lifting us to pick up more points in the run in. Book mark that as I have booked marked your constant negative posts to our manager. Yes I will be pointing the finger for some good fun come the end of the season :) 

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

United are on a high they will win tonight.We will win our next two home games lifting us to pick up more points in the run in. Book mark that as I have booked marked your constant negative posts to our manager. Yes I will be pointing the finger for some good fun come the end of the season :) 

What a strange definition of fun :lol:

I hope you get to enjoy yourself buddie.

2 hours ago, div said:

I think we'll catch Dumarton, Raith and Ayr and end up finishing 7th.

How's that for positivity.

I maintain I will make mad passionate love with Kylie Minogue, while she's wearing her Commonwealth Games closing ceremony dress, before the end of 2017.

Now, beat that.

Edit: It's going to happen. Bookmark this. :wub:

kylie.jpg

Edited by pozbaird

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 1:41 PM, Pepé Le Pew said:

I think the Dumbarton game will b e at least a seven pinter...:guinness

Tonights Ayr result will be crucial but I still think we have left it too late this time. Hope that's not the case, particularly as 2017 has seen a marked upturn in performances, unfortunately other results seem to continually go against us and we cant do anything about that. The thing that may do for us is not having a decent goalscoring centre forward.

10 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I maintain I will make mad passionate love with Kylie Minogue, while she's wearing her Commonwealth Games closing ceremony dress, before the end of 2017.

Now, beat that.

I already have .

Really need a United win tonight.  An Ayr win and they're up to 7th and all but out of the running to finish 10th.

You think 34 points is "all but out of the running to finish 10th"?

So us beating Ayr then Dumbarton on consecutive Saturdays, lifting us to 33 points must take us to the brink of being out of of the running to finish 10th, surely?

We'd also have played a game less than Ayr at that point. Your propensity for constant negativity is as remarkable as it is lamentable.

20 minutes ago, Froggie said:
Tonights Ayr result will be crucial but I still think we have left it too late this time. Hope that's not the case, particularly as 2017 has seen a marked upturn in performances, unfortunately other results seem to continually go against us and we cant do anything about that. The thing that may do for us is not having a decent goalscoring centre forward.

All results can't go against us. Teams in our sights have all got to play three of those around them in the remainder of the season. Presumably both Ayr and Raith will win the fixture between the two of them...

Edited by Soctty

12 minutes ago, Soctty said:

You think 34 points is "all but out of the running to finish 10th"?

So us beating Ayr then Dumbarton on consecutive Saturdays, lifting us to 33 points must take us to the brink of being out of of the running to finish 10th, surely?

We'd also have played a game less than Ayr at that point. Your propensity for constant negativity is as remarkable as it is lamentable.

With 6 games to go and then being above 3 teams, yes I do. 

For a bit of historical context, 34 points would have been enough to finish 9th or higher in each of the last 7 Scottish Championship seasons.  That will be Ayr's total with 6 games remaining if they win tonight.  It would take an unlikely stream of results for 3 teams to overhaul them.  You call it negativity, I call it realism.

For what its worth I expect United to beat them easily.

18 minutes ago, Soctty said:

All results can't go against us. Teams in our sights have all got to play three of those around them in the remainder of the season. Presumably both Ayr and Raith will win the fixture between the two of them...

Have it your own way then.