Mallan to Barnsley???

st jock

Hamilton only got 500k got James McArthur who had played about 170 games and went to a premier league club. Sell on clause was only 10% but paid off cos McArthur has proven himself down south. Could argue we got a better deal with McGinn with him being out of contract and the sell on clause apparently being 33%.

5 minutes ago, Stu said:

PDE reporting that the initial bid was rejected and the club wants upwards of £200k plus add ons and a sell on. Seems reasonable enough.

Good to see we're trying to negotiate. I did think we'd fold quite easily, but am pleasantly surprised. 

59 minutes ago, Stu said:

PDE reporting that the initial bid was rejected and the club wants upwards of £200k plus add ons and a sell on. Seems reasonable enough.

Considering Rangers want £6M for Barrie McKay who is 22 with less than 6 months experience in the Premier League then £200K is a steal for Mallan.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/rangers-star-barrie-mckay-6m-9656224

Edited by Sonny

16 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Considering Rangers want £6M for Barrie McKay who is 22 with less than 6 months experience in the Premier League then £200K is a steal for Mallan.

Jim Traynor using some of his contacts at the Record to start a bogus rumour there...

51 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Good to see we're trying to negotiate. I did think we'd fold quite easily, but am pleasantly surprised. 

I agree. 50k of an increase to a club playing at that level is very little. I think if we start to look like a team that doesn't desperately need to take a smaller offer, other clubs will take us much more seriously. Sell on clauses are a must for whatever price we sell at in my opinion. We are  a very well run club financially and any extra bonus would do wonders for us. 

17 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

I agree. 50k of an increase to a club playing at that level is very little. I think if we start to look like a team that doesn't desperately need to take a smaller offer, other clubs will take us much more seriously. Sell on clauses are a must for whatever price we sell at in my opinion. We are  a very well run club financially and any extra bonus would do wonders for us. 

Spot on. There's a suspicion that we've maybe been seen as a bit of a soft touch in the past, mainly when you look at the deals some other clubs appear to have achieved. I completely agree with the 'no debt, a pound in means a pound out' approach, but if we publicly talk about that too much, I think it's gives the impression of a club eager to take any reasonable offer rather than a club that will drive a hard bargain and look for top dollar for our best young players.

I know beggars can't be choosers, and there's a thin line that the club has to walk between being great negotiators and being viewed as having unrealistic demands, but getting a reputation for refusing a couple of initial offers and sticking to our guns is maybe no bad thing.     

At a glance Clubs linked with McAllister include Everton, Watford, Sunderlad, Charlton, Stoke and Leicester. Mostly EPL clubs. I hope he stays at least another season to aid his development but I do not think he has much time left on his contract.

Douglas McNeil ..

Wouldn't expect Kyle McAllister to move during the transfer window. Lot of clubs monitoring his progress.

Edited by Sonny

Just now, Edinbuddie said:

And see the worst part of McAllister potentially going for a very big fee.....? Alex 'it wisnae my fault' Rae and David 'we deserved more time' Farrell will be going on for years about how they gave him his debut :rolleyes:.  

..that was when they realised that the players we had at the Club were better than the U20s they brought in from elsewhere.