John Pilger

Isle Of Bute Saint

No TV so watch a lot of youtube on the phone. Came across a great film documentary by British  journalist written by John Pilger- Coming War On China. Having worked in many African countries was always amazed how many Chinese I seen there. Thing is where China is putting in infrastructure is extremely good. Watch the film you won't be disappointed, or maybe you will . (Edit) fixed I think lol

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Guest TPAFKATS

The pilger doc on China was on Stv in Dec, I think I mentioned it in the TV thread at the time.
Once I got over my surprise at it being on a mainstream channel, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

7 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

The pilger doc on China was on Stv in Dec, I think I mentioned it in the TV thread at the time.
Once I got over my surprise at it being on a mainstream channel, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I'm surprised it got to a main stream channel as there is so much out there we are not told or if we are told we get a fraction of the truth. I'm more than ever convinced BBC and CNN are propaganda tools. Mind you have to go through some shit stuff to find the gems. 

20 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Obama is doing a bit of sabre rattling right now , with 3000 troops plus armour sent into Poland plus a similar deployment on the Norway/Russian border. Perhaps Trump will withdraw them again when he takes the podium. .

Yeah, funny how that just got a cursory mention on the news. You'd think this would be quite a significant move, wouldn't you.....?

21 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

No TV so watch a lot of youtube on the phone. Came across a great film documentary by British  journalist written by John Pilger- Coming War On China. Having worked in many African countries was always amazed how many Chinese I seen there. Thing is where China is putting in infrastructure is extremely good. Watch the film you won't be disappointed, or maybe you will . (Edit) fixed I think lol

Watched it when it was broadcast and found it fascinating. Since then I've been keeping an eye open for such things and they're becoming more noticeable.

8 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I'm going to look into his books Drew as I really enjoyed that Documentary . Stumbled on him getting interviewed by RT. 

Yes, I watched the RT interview and I watched the trailer but couldn't find the entire show . Got a link. . .?

Edited by saintnextlifetime

Guest TPAFKATS
Watched it when it was broadcast and found it fascinating. Since then I've been keeping an eye open for such things and they're becoming more noticeable.

The news report I saw (can't recall if it was BBC or itn) sold 3000 American troops on the Russian border as a wonderful development for Poland, even going so far as to claim that some Polish citizens had been waiting since the 1940s for this to happen.
No interview with anyone actually stating this, obviously.
Also no consideration as to how Russian people would take react to a foreign army mustering on its border.
Post truth right enough

8 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

The news report I saw (can't recall if it was BBC or itn) sold 3000 American troops on the Russian border as a wonderful development for Poland, even going so far as to claim that some Polish citizens had been waiting since the 1940s for this to happen.
Also no consideration as to how Russian people would take react to a foreign army mustering on its border.
Post truth right enough

It seems to be very antagonistic to the Russians . The American reaction to Cuba over a 50 yr period showed how they felt about a communist nation 90miles away never mind Russian troops on their border. .

14 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Post truth right enough

Which brings things round to the Crimea and the fact that Ukraine being part of NATO would effectively mean a foreign aggressor mustering their naval fleet right on the doorstep of Russia.

7 hours ago, Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes said:

Which brings things round to the Crimea and the fact that Ukraine being part of NATO would effectively mean a foreign aggressor mustering their naval fleet right on the doorstep of Russia.

Yes, they are in the Black Sea at the moment , scarey stuff. .