Jason Naismith Leaves

Drew

2 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

Good bit of business IMO been really poor since he came back from injury

Jason was just starting to show his form again so I think that a bit unfair. I am not pleased to be losing him but it's better him going now as we need it to matter to people wearing our jersey.

1 hour ago, Lets be frank said:

Cant figure out how changing the side of pitch he is on will make him be able to run faster or mark people .

40 minutes ago, Hambud said:

Or not fall over gifting a goal to the opposition.

You can't see that a player not having to track back on his wrong side will make it easier for him to mark his opposite number and maintain his balance? We will just have to wait and see when/if we get a proper left back.

Good luck to Jason. Always liked him and I wish him all the best as always tried his best in what has been a hard few years for anyone playing for St Mirren.

I hope his career kicks on after a nasty looking injury.

Good luck Jason!

Well said. Always liked Naismith as a player. Played for the jersey. Good luck to him at County.

13 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

Well said. Always liked Naismith as a player. Played for the jersey. Good luck to him at County.

Absolutely.

Best it happens now.  As much as young Jason would have done his best to help up stay up we need players who are depending on our league status to pay mortgages etc.  We cant have players who will (undertsandably) be actively avoiding injury as this may scupper a future move (as in Jasons case) so thanks son, you did well and aw ra best.

The immediate concern is of course who do we bring in.  A left back is now essential!  

Prob'ly best f'rall concerned, bonus in that it's not "last day of the window" and we shouldn't have to go into the released player market.

Good luck with the usual exception.

Erm, does this mean all those posts saying he was useless were wrong? :unsure:

:offtopic   One thing that strikes me about the outgoing players is that 4 out of the 6 players JR has moved on have gone to clubs currently doing better than ourselves - it begs the question why are we so far adrift at the bottom.

Edited by Bud the Baker

31 minutes ago, doonhamer said:

I think we saw the best of Jason. Promising youngster who never quite recovered from a horrible injury. One certainty is the player who replaces him will not be as good. Sign of the times but it's horrible watching my team sink into oblivion. 

Should change your name to doomhamer. :whistle

anybody in our team would jump at the chance of moving up a level,i thought mallan maybe should have moved on also ,but glad he is still here ,good luck to Jason and hopefully he got a pay rise to boot,  Although would rather he had went to china for 26 million quid ,but you cant have everything

5 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

:offtopic   One thing that strikes me about the outgoing players is that 4 out of the 6 players JR has moved on have gone to clubs currently doing better than ourselves - it begs the question why are we so far adrift at the bottom.

Are you forgetting the shambles of a squad Jack Ross inherited?

With Jason away then I can only really think of Mallan, Mclear and Baird, who played 1st team games, being the only survivors of our relegation from the top flight.

On a positive note people say our youth system doesn't produce talent well that's Naismith, McLean, McGinn and Kelly moved onto better things.

Hopefully the youth set up keeps producing talented youngsters that do the club a good turn and get us promoted back to the top flight in the next few seasons.

Guest TPAFKATS
With Jason away then I can only really think of Mallan, Mclear and Baird, who played 1st team games, being the only survivors of our relegation from the top flight.

On a positive note people say our youth system doesn't produce talent well that's Naismith, McLean, McGinn and Kelly moved onto better things.

Hopefully the youth set up keeps producing talented youngsters that do the club a good turn and get us promoted back to the top flight in the next few seasons.

Where did Kelly end up, thistle?