Gilmour on Sportsound.

4 minutes ago, Luther G. Presley said:

Is he really, I never saw him at Easter Road on Saturday, in fact I don't remember seeing him at any games recently.

I never seen plenty of fans at the game on Saturday that I know were there...? 

14 hours ago, Buddy Marvellous said:

It may be I missed something but haven't seen any public congratulations to the club from our old chairman! I'm sure someone will put me right if I am wrong but was just wondering if there are some sour grapes?

Hmmmm. If he congratulates us for finishing in a lower league position than any of years he was in charge is that not going to look a bit like "gettitupye"

5 minutes ago, uhura said:

Hmmmm. If he congratulates us for finishing in a lower league position than any of years he was in charge is that not going to look a bit like "gettitupye"

No congrats in turning around from the abyss him and his cronnies helped put us in......One thing I will say- There is nothing wrong with the atmosphere at 2021, the prob was the pash we watched till Jack came along..................

21 minutes ago, uhura said:

Not strictly true.  We finished 8th in Division 1 in 2001-2002.  The season of Hendrie/Coughlin.  Albeit with 6 more points than we finished on this season.

I'm not getting why he should say anything. I don't want to hear anything from Mr Gilmour, any of the old BoD, Ian Murray, Alex Rae, Stephane Bahoken, or anyone who used to be Paisley Panda... no offence, the old pandas were great. Anyway, I digress... I want to hear from GLS and the new BoD, Fitzy, or Joma UK.

Can someone enlighten me, in simple terms, just why any of us should be looking out for a statement from an ex-Chairman...  spare a Talon for an ex-Chairman... come on big nose!

15 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I'm not getting why he should say anything. I don't want to hear anything from Mr Gilmour, any of the old BoD, Ian Murray, Alex Rae, Stephane Bahoken, or anyone who used to be Paisley Panda... no offence, the old pandas were great. Anyway, I digress... I want to hear from GLS and the new BoD, Fitzy, or Joma UK.

Can someone enlighten me, in simple terms, just why any of us should be looking out for a statement from an ex-Chairman...  spare a Talon for an ex-Chairman... come on big nose!

Don't listen then, I know I won't be!

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

I never seen plenty of fans at the game on Saturday that I know were there...? 

I'm pretty sure Gilmour was on the radio not long after JR was appointed and he was lukewarm at best about the appointment.

It is :rolleyes:

Hmmm, is it though ?? [emoji15]

Wiki, To quote, "tipping is commonly given to certain service sector workers for a service performed or anticipated. Depending on the country or location, it may be customary to tip servers in bars and restaurants, taxi drivers , hairs stylists and so on."

When though does a tip become a bribe and is a tip expected, anticipated or is it considered a welcome bonus, maybe surprise ??

Does the prospect of receiving a tip in this country incentivise and improve service to the customer, erm naw. R crept in the case of golf caddies !

Oh and btw, I always tip taxi drivers , I must be an institutional tipper, I am fully compliant with the tipping convention.

Ffs, there was even the classic grumpy airport runner. There was one time I actually told an airport driver to stop , let me out and I'll call a private hire. He was nearly crying and moaned at every red light encountered, it was pathetic. I was a local fare from the terminal. Never felt so uncomfortable and angry in a taxi in my life, yet, on leaving I tipped him. [emoji35] I still hate myself for tipping that sod to this day, that said, I've never used an airport taxi since.

35 minutes ago, shull said:

It is :rolleyes:

I would say so, yes.

Have to say, I found it very curious when we received a one-off grocery delivery from Waitrose (rip-off, but they offered a big discount on first delivery) and the driver declined the offer of a tip. He explained thay they weren't permitted to accept tips.

Waitrose appear to regard it as unseemly that their poorly paid delivery drives accept a couple of quid in recognition of their service. Bizarre. I told him that I wouldn't let on if he took it, but he said that it was more than his job would be worth.

Edited by Drew