Sign in to follow this  
div

Billy O'Brien

Welcome aboard etc.

I've been pleasantly surprised by how good a window we are having so far. Jack has got rid of a lot of duds and his signings seem decent enough on paper.

I had a sinking feeling he was going to stick with the two useless keepers we have till the end of the season. It's great news that he's decided that they aren't good enough and made a move.

I hope and expect that Billy will be our number 1 between now and May. Let's hope he's better than the last goalie we had on loan from an EPL team... Cornell :o

According to Man City website, Pep Guardiola has been impressed by his distribution, ball handling and coming for crosses. That's why he was included in the squad for their Champions League tie against Celtic.
Sounds encouraging.

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

Welcome aboard etc.

I've been pleasantly surprised by how good a window we are having so far. Jack has got rid of a lot of duds and his signings seem decent enough on paper.

I had a sinking feeling he was going to stick with the two useless keepers we have till the end of the season. It's great news that he's decided that they aren't good enough and made a move.

I hope and expect that Billy will be our number 1 between now and May. Let's hope he's better than the last goalie we had on loan from an EPL team... Cornell :o

Cornell was also a Wales U21 keeper. To be fair to him, was he worse than Gallacher? I mean, he's played League One level in England pretty much solidly since leaving Swansea so he can't actually have been THAT bad.

3 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Welcome aboard etc.

Looking good so far. Any serious rumours of any more either coming or going.

3 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

According to Man City website, Pep Guardiola has been impressed by his distribution, ball handling and coming for crosses. That's why he was included in the squad for their Champions League tie against Celtic.
Sounds encouraging.

Remember he also thought Willy Caballero was well suited to the sweeper keeper role, though...

2 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Welcome aboard etc.

Just hope he's better than the last 2 starlets we got from man city when we were a premier league club 

Just hope he's better than the last 2 starlets we got from man city when we were a premier league club 

The only people calling them starlets were our fans. Plummer had already had one iffy loan spell and Drury probably had 4 people ahead of him even for a start at youth level.

Cornell was also a Wales U21 keeper. To be fair to him, was he worse than Gallacher? I mean, he's played League One level in England pretty much solidly since leaving Swansea so he can't actually have been THAT bad.

He was hopeless for us, he played like a nervous boy. I think we lost every single game he played in from memory, and things only started getting better when Dilo came in.

Surprised he's went on to better things as I hadn't kept up with his career. Maybe he benefitted from the experience of getting beat every week

He doesn't appear to be any taller than the manager who's by no means a giant judging by the picture above (No, not the Billy the Fish one).

I'm impressed with Manchester City they have given us players ok some might not have worked out. City are now one of the main English clubs compare that too England's other top 6 clubs. Welcome Billy we are desperate mate do us yourself and City proud.  

Remember he also thought Willy Caballero was well suited to the sweeper keeper role, though...

Pep also massive fan of Bravo who has yet to make a save for The Citizens as yet.

28 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

He doesn't appear to be any taller than the manager who's by no means a giant judging by the picture above (No, not the Billy the Fish one).

6ft  1inch

38 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

A slap in the face to Gallacher possibly but hope he is a super success. Hoping for a left back

No it isn't. Jack said that Gallacher had a chance to cement himself as the club's first choice keeper after Langfield's horrible mistake against Dumbarton and if he took his chance, would be the club's number 1 going forward. We've played 11 games since then, 10 of them with Gallacher in goals and not only hasn't he established himself but he's proven (IMO) to be even worse!

It's absolutely the correct call to bring in a new keeper.