New signing Left Back Stelios Demetriou

5 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

Am so glad we got a left back and will reserve judgement until he has played half a dozen games but as always he will get me full backing every time he pull on a St Mirren shirt.

I take it that will be the end of our business....

NOPE gets one against Dundee Saturday, needs hit the ground running right after we don't need a Greek Tragedy weve had enough paisley ones already this season :spud5

18 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

Am so glad we got a left back and will reserve judgement until he has played half a dozen games but as always he will get me full backing every time he pull on a St Mirren shirt.

I take it that will be the end of our business....

Possibly...

This £8k from SMISA is going a long way.

The recent signings will surely give everyone connected with the club a massive lift.

I am really pleasantly surprised at the volume of player's coming in and changing the whole look of the squad. Things seem a bit brighter this week.

Let's get as many fans as possible in for the Falkirk game, generate a positive atmosphere in the stadium and let's get ourselves out of this mess.

What an end to the season we could be in for.

#wearestayingup

I really wish the lad all the best and hope he helps bring success to our club.

As some have said previously , on the video he seems to spend as much time on the right as the left, also , he has a very unusual running style but seems very quick...... would have liked to have seen a bit more evidence of his defensive capabilities. That said , if he has been with us a week , hopefully the management team are convinced .

COYS

29 minutes ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Well seen nobody knows much about Demetriou given what's been written so far. Irvine has a chance to prove one way or another if he is a credible right back in the remainder of the season

I am happy with Gary Irvine as our right back.

One must however point out the inaccuracy in your statement regarding Mr Irvine.  The signing of Stelios does NOT constitute a chance for Gary Irvine to play as our right back.  The signing of Stelios (coupled with the departure of young Jason) leaves Gary Irvine as our OUTRIGHT right back.  Gary Irvine is the first (and probably only) choice right back for our (thus far) failing first team.

To re-iterate...Mr Gary Irvine is THE RIGHT BACK.  He takes up that position not as a "chance" but as our first and only recognised choice.

58 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Welcome Stelios.
I hope you are as successful a left back as Derek Hamilton. ;-)

30 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

I hope he is as successful a left back as Iain Munro.

I hope he is as successful a left back as Cockles Wilson.  :)

6 minutes ago, guinness said:

Rather than slag Irvine can anyone tell us about this guy?

I will tell you what i know.

Management were impressed with what they saw and signed Stelios.A two footed player who can play in numerous positions.Whoosh major scoop. Can we cut Gary some slack and let him play in his natural position and then judge him.We are in this together lads and lassies.Players.management and fans alike all with one goal and thats staying up.Come on we can do this together.We Are St Mirren and big Jason sent me a message saying we are staying up.Once a Buddie always a Buddie..

46 minutes ago, guinness said:

Rather than slag Irvine can anyone tell us about this guy?

Guilty.

I hold my hand up to bringing Irvine into, and it probably wasn't appropriate, albeit this signing has a significant bearing on how Irvine is utilised.

Not sure that I slagged him off as such. I don't rate him, but accept that this thread should really be about the new LB, so point taken.

43 minutes ago, northendsaint said:

I will tell you what i know.

Management were impressed with what they saw and signed Stelios.A two footed player who can play in numerous positions.Whoosh major scoop. Can we cut Gary some slack and let him play in his natural position and then judge him.We are in this together lads and lassies.Players.management and fans alike all with one goal and thats staying up.Come on we can do this together.We Are St Mirren and big Jason sent me a message saying we are staying up.Once a Buddie always a Buddie..

So he could play RB allowing us to keep Irvine at LB - excelllllllllllent!

Do you think that if Andy Murray had attempted to play tennis with his left hand from outset that he would have made it as a professional, let alone become world number 1?
Do you and Drew come from the same village? :1eye

Rafa nadal is a natural right hander. His uncle taught him to play left handed as he thought it would give him an advantage. Turned out no bad for him and he was world number one for many weeks. [emoji3]

Happy to help

2 hours ago, Stoobs said:

In fact, I may be wrong but is Mo Camara our most capped player or was it Victor Munoz. Who knows??

The support were certainly capped.

Welcome to the club  Stelios. Maybe we, as a support, will give you a chance to prove yourself. As for Irvine? I certainly think he'll fair better when he doesn't need to take that extra second to think about defending on the wrong side.