Stevie Mallon

munoz

25 minutes ago, farmer john said:

is the money for stevie more important than staying up? can the money help us stay up? will they loan him back for the rest of the season? it's a big one, a real big decision for the board to make.

I can't see it. McAllister, if he goes to a club like Sunderland or Stoke, I can imagine would be loaned back. Mallan would be going straight in to a championship side's match day squad though.

16 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I can't see it. McAllister, if he goes to a club like Sunderland or Stoke, I can imagine would be loaned back. Mallan would be going straight in to a championship side's match day squad though.

Unfortunately I have to agree with you, if he is signed this transfer window then that will be him gone.

15 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Strange as it may seem I reckon McAllister is liable to make more money for the club than Mallon as clubs down south are more likely to pay for potential than proven ability and at approaching 21 Mallon is getting on a bit. :spud5

More money and less impact to the team, if it was my choice I'd rather see McAllister leave, unfortunately as we've learned in previous January windows we are not the ones controlling the fates. As ever the nightmare scenario is losing players at the deadline and being forced into the "free agents" market. :toilet

Going by JR's interview on the radio last night, I think that may have been Stevie's last game.

"Discussions ongoing...." and reading between the lines, £150K is not seen as enough but is perhaps not far away. He said something about having to consider the club's "short term" future, I guess the implication being that Mallan might go in order to allow Jack to bring in players. Will have to see what this week brings. 

1 hour ago, farmer john said:

is the money for stevie more important than staying up? can the money help us stay up? will they loan him back for the rest of the season? it's a big one, a real big decision for the board to make.

Yeah, echoes of Kenny McLean definitely. I'd guess if it does happen though then we'll be making sure there's a deal for a replacement such as Stephen McGinn just waiting to be signed off.

Going by JR's interview on the radio last night, I think that may have been Stevie's last game.
"Discussions ongoing...." and reading between the lines, £150K is not seen as enough but is perhaps not far away. He said something about having to consider the club's "short term" future, I guess the implication being that Mallan might go in order to allow Jack to bring in players. Will have to see what this week brings. 

Listening to that interview on the way back yesterday it seemed that Jack expects him to move on this window.
If that's the case Stevie signed off in some style. Be sorry and frustrated to see him go at such a vital time for us. Let's hope we get a half decent fee and add on for him to soften the blow, if it happens.
Reckon McAllister has the potential to bring in a much higher fee too.

30 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Personally  £500,000 is the minimum that should be accepted. We always sell ourselves too cheap. This peanuts for a club down south. 

We won't get anywhere near that.

i spoke to a scout last year about Scottish players. He said that English clubs pay more for Scottish players that haven't played a top level game, or limited games, as they haven't developed the 'Scottish style'.

Thats why we will get treble the money for Kyle than Stevie.

1 hour ago, Julian Banjos said:

Yeah, echoes of Kenny McLean definitely. I'd guess if it does happen though then we'll be making sure there's a deal for a replacement such as Stephen McGinn just waiting to be signed off.

In the same vein, if it's going to happen then hopefully it's on Monday or Tuesday of this week rather than dwelling on it.....this applies to both Mallan and McAllister. That way we at least have a full week to continue strengthening and rebuilding rather than weakening ourselves on deadline day with no feasible replacement set up.

26 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

We won't get anywhere near that.

i spoke to a scout last year about Scottish players. He said that English clubs pay more for Scottish players that haven't played a top level game, or limited games, as they haven't developed the 'Scottish style'.

Thats why we will get treble the money for Kyle than Stevie.

I would argue that £500,000 is chicken feed to an English Championship side. I do agree that it will be less if we insist on a sell on clause. Difficult decision for a club in our position. Cash now or future investment?

11 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I would argue that £500,000 is chicken feed to an English Championship side. I do agree that it will be less if we insist on a sell on clause. Difficult decision for a club in our position. Cash now or future investment?

It's not a difficult decision. Everyone is for sale - Virgil Van Djik on telly today had Celtic as a useful stepping stone to the EPL, now bigger predators will take him from Southampton.

Player and agent hold the aces 99.9% of the time these days. Sell Mallan. Sell McAllister. Sell the next talented kid. Sell them after they've played half a dozen good games while they're hot. The difficulty is in getting 'Hamilton Accies' style money for your kids.

We'll likely lose them for thruppence ha'penny and a lucky bag though. 

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

It's not a difficult decision. Everyone is for sale - Virgil Van Djik on telly today had Celtic as a useful stepping stone to the EPL, now bigger predators will take him from Southampton.

Player and agent hold the aces 99.9% of the time these days. Sell Mallan. Sell McAllister. Sell the next talented kid. Sell them after they've played half a dozen good games while they're hot. The difficulty is in getting 'Hamilton Accies' style money for your kids.

We'll likely lose them for thruppence ha'penny and a lucky bag though. 

You misunderstood my good fellow. The difficult decision I was referring to was bigger cash upfront as opposed to looking for future, possibly greater, revenue

Not all think that. I will be sad to lose Stevie but if we get an offer he'll be off because he'll be on far more at the likes of Barnsley. From St Mirren's point of view it might provide the funds to get a couple more players in to further strengthen our squad and help us beat the drop, which is vital for our long term ambitions.

5 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Can I just check...
Is this the same Stevie Mallan that the majority on here have criticised consistently this season, said wasn't trying, accused of believing his own press and demanded he was dropped?

That's the one. The one who was being utilised in an almost holding midfield role while having to square pass as no one appeared to want the ball.

12 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

You misunderstood my good fellow. The difficult decision I was referring to was bigger cash upfront as opposed to looking for future, possibly greater, revenue

My point being, even if the club want to do one thing, if the player and agent want to do the other, that's what will happen. Clubs seem to have little control over matters.

14 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Can I just check...
Is this the same Stevie Mallan that the majority on here have criticised consistently this season, said wasn't trying, accused of believing his own press and demanded he was dropped?

The worst offenders are in the Sin Bin now....

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Personally  £500,000 is the minimum that should be accepted. We always sell ourselves too cheap. This peanuts for a club down south. 

If we were sitting in a playoff position i would say 300k upwards yes, though we are in no healthy league position to be holding out for such a figure.  Imo i still think that Kenny MacLean was more advanced at this age in his career and we got less.

3 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

If we were sitting in a playoff position i would say 300k upwards yes, though we are in no healthy league position to be holding out for such a figure.  Imo i still think that Kenny MacLean was more advanced at this age in his career and we got less.

Here is the thing. If we get relegated we will lose more than £300, 000. I trust the Chairman to get this right. For the record I don't think we will go down have always thought that. My worry is Hearts sack there manager and come for Ross. Laugh all you want. 

3 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

Here is the thing. If we get relegated we will lose more than £300, 000. I trust the Chairman to get this right. For the record I don't think we will go down have always thought that. My worry is Hearts sack their manager and come for Ross. Laugh all you want.