Scottish Cup Round 5 Draw

TopCat

24 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

East Fife could sell out there 1900 capacity to there own fans for this tie,, can remember a sc cup tie there in the 70s felt like a full house can anyone recall the attendance ?

I,m thinking the capacity will just about be right for both sets of fans , think we beat them in a replay or maybe even a second replay that year , maybe 1971 , with Archie Knox getting a hat trick in the replay , good draw , and good to get to a stadium where I haven't seen Saints play

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

11th of February.

The day I go to see the matinee performance of Still Game.

I got tickets for the last series preview show from the beeb and got turned back , they had sent out far too many tickets and we arrived 20 mins before the ticket time to miss out by about 10 or 12 people.

9 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

I got tickets for the last series preview show from the beeb and got turned back , they had sent out far too many tickets and we arrived 20 mins before the ticket time to miss out by about 10 or 12 people.

It's the stage show , not the TV show.

They over subscribe all audience screenings by about 25-30% to ensure a big enough audience for the laughter track. Because they're free tickets a lot of people don't turn up.

5 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

I,m thinking the capacity will just about be right for both sets of fans , think we beat them in a replay or maybe even a second replay that year , maybe 1971 , with Archie Knox getting a hat trick in the replay , good draw , and good to get to a stadium where I haven't seen Saints play

The headline in the paper the next day was "Opportunity Knox....3 Times"

Briliant...

6 hours ago, Pepé Le Pew said:

The first of the former Beatles to have a solo number one, with that very song I believe? Must have been 1971, a bit before my time :thumbs2

I was just a wee boy myself :) . Every time I hear it I remember wandering around Burntisland and Methil!!!