East Fife Away

1 hour ago, thepaisleypanda said:

The stadium can accommodate up to 1,980 spectators all of whom are seated in a single stand running along one side of the pitch. There are open areas for future expansion. In 2008 plans were announced to increase capacity with the erection of a covered terrace/stand at the sea end of the stadium. Due to the economic climate in 2009 these plans were put on hold.

The stadium's capacity was temporarily expanded to 4,700 for a Scottish League One match against Rangers in October 2013

=============

So, would they consider temporary expansion for this tie??

Why would they consider temporary expansion to play a team only 6 places above them in the Scottish football ladder???

6 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Why would they consider temporary expansion to play a team only 6 places above them in the Scottish football ladder???

Money. If they thought it would make enough to be worthwhile erecting a 'Gretna' style stand?

Edited by pozbaird

14 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

On the park - we may have been "disappointing" - But, we are still a "name" with a big support compared to the clubs East Fife usually have to cater for!

59 minutes ago, thepaisleypanda said:

On the park - we may have been "disappointing" - But, we are still a "name" with a big support compared to the clubs East Fife usually have to cater for!

I don't agree for 8 of last 10 years we have been a predominantly bottom 3 SPL team then 2 years where we spent alot of time at bottom of the championship.

The only people who think we are a big team are certain fans on here.

Of course if East Fife thought they could make a good profit they would build a temporary stand but according to previous post on here we are likely to get around 1000 tickets does anybody honestly think we would take 500-1000 more to justify East Fife layout.

Lets say East Fife decide to order a temporary stand sometime this week as game is only 2 weeks away from Saturday in the meantime we lose to Falkirk and Dumbarton will East Fife still think it was a good idea???

I am a 'SE-VEN!' and so pleased to see that I may deigned worthy to attend.    Living n the wrong side of the country  I play my 'golf' at Leven Links (with results often as horrible as Saints) and on a clear day in the right conditions you can hear the East Fife FC tannoy and the crowd when they score.  Easier to get to by car, I'd probably recommend heading up the A92, turn for Leven, follow signs for golf course/promenade then turn right after Sainsburys up the hill to Methil and head for the sea.  They'll be no bad.

I remember attending a midweek challenge cup clash at East Fife. I think it was Kenny Gillies who got sent off in extra time and St Mirren eventually lost 1-0 with a goal scored minutes from end of extra time.
The 90's was when I attended most St Mirren games and looking back we must have lost about 75% of the games. Seems like nothing like has changed in 00's or 10's. :-(

13 hours ago, thepaisleypanda said:

The stadium can accommodate up to 1,980 spectators all of whom are seated in a single stand running along one side of the pitch. There are open areas for future expansion. In 2008 plans were announced to increase capacity with the erection of a covered terrace/stand at the sea end of the stadium. Due to the economic climate in 2009 these plans were put on hold.

The stadium's capacity was temporarily expanded to 4,700 for a Scottish League One match against Rangers in October 2013

=============

So, would they consider temporary expansion for this tie??

I do hope so. As somebody who attends every game both home and away but does not have a season ticket.

Yes - I was at Dens Park together with my son

11 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I do hope so. As somebody who attends every game both home and away but does not have a season ticket.

Yes - I was at Dens Park together with my son

I wouldnt think so. I would imagine this was put in place for just the season Rangers were in the same league as them as they were guaranteed at least two home gates against them. It would most likely cost more to assemble temporary stands, get safety approval, and confirm this all in the space of prior to 3 weeks when tickets will be on sale.

1 hour ago, kevo_smfc said:

I wouldnt think so. I would imagine this was put in place for just the season Rangers were in the same league as them as they were guaranteed at least two home gates against them. It would most likely cost more to assemble temporary stands, get safety approval, and confirm this all in the space of prior to 3 weeks when tickets will be on sale.

Probaby correct.

Unbeaten against East Fife in the Scottish Cup although we've never actually won a cup match in Methil to date.  Last played them in the cup in 1986 winning 3-1 after a 1-1 draw at Bayview Park. 

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/st-mirren/east-fife/head-to-head

Has to be seen as a winnable tie despite our last two games against East Fife being 1-0 losses in the Challenge Cup and League Cup back in August 2007.

37 minutes ago, El Gingero said:

They aren't planning on any extra seating. Discussions are taking place as to wether it should be all ticket or not. They will have about 600. Would we take over 1,000?

Possibly.

I know you were at Dens Park.

So the Dens Park 562 + 438 more for what might be seen as an opportunity to progress further alhough East Fife will have ideas on that.

My son and I kept the ticket stubs.