Sometimes it's hard to be a macho...

antrin

So, I wandered intae the pub at the back of 5.00 on Saturday.  Some of my pals already beered up.

For the first time in a while, my Saints woolly bunnet was at a jaunty, proud angle... :)

Maybe 30 minutes later, (so I can't blame the beer for my over-reaction) another pal came in, congratulated me  on the cup result.  He went carefully into a bag he was carrying, brought out and gave me a mint condition of one of these...

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1958&GameID=195904180

There must have been onions in the vicinity, as tears filled my eyes... And I am macho...  I think.

i was at that game.  It was great.

I was at the game as advertised on the front page, on the following Saturday.  It brought back an amazing surge of nostalgic happy memories... And years zapping faster than you realise.  What a team!

it's a great programme and was passed carefully round the table - "don't get beer on it!"

saints won 4-1 yet Third Lanark scored the first three goals. 12,000 crowd.

MY programme is perfect. Unlike the example above,  it doesn't have the goals penned in with biro. :P

the pal had been clearing out his Dad's things...  There was a pile of fitba programmes from when his Dad worked in Scotland...he leafed through them and immediately knew who would really appreciate that one.

sometimes it's great to be a Buddie. :)

3 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

What`s 3d ?  :blink:  :rolleyes::whistle

3D?

It was blood sweat tears gore spittle bruising thumping tackling macaroon bars, PK penny a packet!

It's what fitba was like in the olden days.

None of the 2d, tippy-tappy sensaround smellovision shite ye get, nooadays!  :angry: