Sons first match for his birthday

Hi all looking for some help. Myself and my wife are from Scotland but I've been living in Preston Lancashire England since 1980's however my wife has only lived here for 11 years. My wife is an avid St Mirren fan and has brought our kids up to support them. My son got a home shirt for Xmas and has been promised this year he'd get on his first ever football match. He is 8 on the 28th so St Mirren are at home to Falkirk. We want to make it a special day for him and the family and we will be staying up in Paisley for the weekend. I've rang the club to see if they can do anything special for him example meeting players and manager etc but they say they don't do anything. So I'm hoping someone can help me re getting the right tickets for us and sorting him out a memorable birthday day. I'm sorry to bother you all and whatever the cost is its for my son and that's what matters to us. Many thanks. Steven

Edited by OorStevie247
Spelling mistake

Get a couple of good seats in the main stand near the home dug out and if your boy abuses the manager enough he will get an opportunity to have a chat after with him after the game. 

Being serious now, contact the club, and ask what they can do.

6 minutes ago, OorStevie247 said:

Thanks for that yes I know my lad thought it was funny when he went in the crowd. He asked me if I did that could he get his autograph. Haha! Anyway I've rang the club and they say they don't do anything like that!

That surprises me.

i would have thought, especially if you arrived early enough, your boy could at least walk up the stairs at the entrance and admire the photos of our past glory.

49 minutes ago, OorStevie247 said:

Hi all looking for some help. Myself and my wife are from Scotland but I've been living in Preston Lancashire England since 1980's however my wife has only lived here for 11 years. My wife is an avid St Mirren fan and has brought our kids up to support them. My son got a home shirt for Xmas and has been promised this year he'd get on his first ever football match. He is 8 on the 28th so St Mirren are at home to Falkirk. We want to make it a special day for him and the family and we will be staying up in Paisley for the weekend. I've rang the club to see if they can do anything special for him example meeting players and manager etc but they say they don't do anything. So I'm hoping someone can help me re getting the right tickets for us and sorting him out a memorable birthday day. I'm sorry to bother you all and whatever the cost is its for my son and that's what matters to us. Many thanks. Steven

Go to the fans council website and contact them.  I have every confidence that they will assist if it is in any way possible for them to do so.

Hopefully they will help where the staff member who answered your call so miserably failed.   

Edited to add:  For a community club like ours it will VERY easy for someone at the club to make the wee fellahs day very special. Fingers crossed a competent person sorts you out.  Please update the thread and let us know how you get on!!!!

Edited by TediousTom

There's always a big bunch of kids down at the fence next to the dug out before and after the game. The players always take time to sign autographs and take pictures with them. So maybe buying tickets somewhere near the home dig out might be a good idea. There's also the match mascot package that could be work a look, but it's pricey and it might be too late to book for the 28th.

What business in the world receives a call with a customer willing to spend money and is told there is nothing can be done!!!! Does not matter how hard everyone behind the scenes are working when you get employees as hopeless as the one you obviously got on the phone. 

Hospitality, birthday message on screen, mascot package, panda club.Surely could have been offered something!!!

You couldn't make it up!!

Sad thing is I am not really surprised :(

It makes sense to get good seats near where the team runs out so you can maybe catch a photo before the start of the game , maybe try and get into the 1877 club before the game , there might be the odd ex player about , maybe contact Phil the announcer to do a request and ask Div nicely to get a wee pic on the large TV in the corner

The worrying things are obvious here.

Lots of different suggestions is great , but the fact that not everyone could name the same person or give the same advice in itself is worrying.

Almost as worrying as his phone call , where he was told nothing they can do.

Deary me , and email them ? Good luck with that , 4 emails I sent up until May last year and only got 1 reply and that was after phoning the club asking why they don't reply to emails.

Seems we still haven't changed.

3 hours ago, Saint Garf said:

There's always a big bunch of kids down at the fence next to the dug out before and after the game. The players always take time to sign autographs and take pictures with them. So maybe buying tickets somewhere near the home dig out might be a good idea. There's also the match mascot package that could be work a look, but it's pricey and it might be too late to book for the 28th.

It's not too pricey when you consider you get 2 x adult tickets and 1 child ticket included.Also brilliant photo opportunities and a pic in the programme.I would say all that would make an 8 year old very happy.

The worrying things are obvious here.

Lots of different suggestions is great , but the fact that not everyone could name the same person or give the same advice in itself is worrying.

Almost as worrying as his phone call , where he was told nothing they can do.

Deary me , and email them ? Good luck with that , 4 emails I sent up until May last year and only got 1 reply and that was after phoning the club asking why they don't reply to emails.

Seems we still haven't changed.

What email address were you using mate?

It's not too pricey when you consider you get 2 x adult tickets and 1 child ticket included.Also brilliant photo opportunities and a pic in the programme.I would say all that would make an 8 year old very happy.

Hadn't thought of it like that actually. You'd be £50 odd for the tickets straight away.

What email address were you using mate?

Hi Div , last time I emailed was back end of last season ( April ) and I clear my email regularly.

I did however phone the club after emailing them & the lady who answered phone was lovely and told me to mail one more time and that's when I got a reply.

I don't think it's the email address you've put in your post above though as that doesn't look familiar.

Hi Div , last time I emailed was back end of last season ( April ) and I clear my email regularly.

I did however phone the club after emailing them & the lady who answered phone was lovely and told me to mail one more time and that's when I got a reply.

I don't think it's the email address you've put in your post above though as that doesn't look familiar.

I didn't want to give Alan's St.Mirren email out as it isn't listed on the club directory hence I used the fans council email address.

As long as you are emailing @stmirren.com and not the old @saintmirren.net you should definitely get a reply.

Last January my Cousin came over from NZ for the first time.
His Dad, my Uncle Tom had been a Saints fan and was at tge 59 cup final.
I emailed Brian Caldwell several days before the match and he pulled out all the stops... Full tour... Dressing room... Intro to manager and players... and a subsequent invitation to Shrewsbury where our Aunt lived for most of her life!
Brian Caldwell was an absolute legend and did all this after shovelling snow from the pitch!