It's only £1 at Edinburgh

pozbaird

If every £2 drop off entitled you to cut-up a white airport taxi as you exited, leaving them stuck behind you as you adhered to the speed limits up and onto the M8, then on weekends before home games I might go and treat myself to £20 worth of extremely fulfilling fun.

6 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

Does that include taxis? Or are our resident cabbies all in the sin bin?

It does include taxis mate but the charge is passed on to the customer.......same as the £2 pick up charge is just now.

Terrible con one that will get used too and accepted like everything else that goes on today. So the passenger figures have grown from 6.5 million too 10 million. So profits must have grown also. There is plenty room heading towards the industrial estate for expansion. Even Heathrow don't charge. This is obviously a test bed. Watch this space meaning they get away with it other airports will follow making even more big healthy profits. Who owns Paisley Airport now ?                                                                                                         Yes This Is A Conspiracy. Copyright legal rights apply 

8 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Terrible con one that will get used too and accepted like everything else that goes on today. So the passenger figures have grown from 6.5 million too 10 million. So profits must have grown also. There is plenty room heading towards the industrial estate for expansion. Even Heathrow don't charge. This is obviously a test bed. Watch this space meaning they get away with it other airports will follow making even more big healthy profits. Who owns Paisley Airport now ?                                                                                                         Yes This Is A Conspiracy. Copyright legal rights apply 

Edinburgh Airport have been charging for years to pick up or drop off.They only charge £1 but I'm sure this will rise to £2 very soon.

At Prestwick you get 10 mins free of charge.

1 hour ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

"A spokeswoman said the charge was being introduced after "all possible alternatives" to ease congestion at the airport had been exhausted".

LOLZ.

I guess they'll be donating the fees to charity once their goal of easing congestion has been met,

Also liked the quote saying they have introduced the charges to discourage non airport traffic !! Who the f**k goes near the place to drop off / pick up if it isn't airport traffic !! 

Why don't they just come out and admit it's just another way to screw more money from us ?

1 hour ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

"A spokeswoman said the charge was being introduced after "all possible alternatives" to ease congestion at the airport had been exhausted".

LOLZ.

I guess they'll be donating the fees to charity once their goal of easing congestion has been met,

Or maybe the profits could go towards the construction of a rail link between the airport and the city centre...

The taxis on the rank don't have to pay the £2 charge.Private Hire pick up is from Car Park 2 and that's where the charge comes in.

Most folk who work at the airport order their taxi to the BP Garage or Holiday Inn Express to save the £2 but no doubt they'll put a block on that.

Edited by HSS

Be prepared for cars parked up on surrounding roads as pick up punters wait for the call to go for pick up. I've been a few times at Edinburgh and have managed to stay within the 5min limit, as the charges rise steeply beyond that;

Where is the drop-off zone? Terminal multi storey
0 - 5 mins £1.00
5 - 10 mins £3.00
10 min - 20 mins £5.00
20 mins - 1 hour £7.00
Thereafter £9.00

11 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Just drop off around the BP garage.  

I don't think people with luggage would be up for that idea.

Anyway it makes no odds to me where people get dropped as I'm not paying the £2 charge.