Bid accepted for Kyle McAllister?

A lot of people jumping the gun here. We don't know the full details yet. When it's quoted as a 'very good deal', maybe there is a sizeable sell on etc included in any deal. We have to accept that it is very unlikely that both McAllister and Mallan will sign extensions to their current deals, leaving us in the same position again, losing youth products for nothing at the end of their contract. If we were not hawking about the bottom of the Championship, maybe we would be in a better position to negotiate.

I would hope that if McAllister does go to that level, then with his age, they would be willing to let us keep him till end of season.

1 hour ago, MarkL said:

Don't think anyone is suggesting £1 million pounds, but he's at worth more than 200'000.

Falkirk and Hamilton...etc seem to always get more money for similar players

I was making the point that we will get what they want to pay,that is all.

its common knowledge that agents take note of the  financial state of clubs and in Scotland we have no money 

we can't keep players and never will,we are a selling club, same as every other club.

take big Sean Kelly ,playing for FC Wimbledon ,he will be getting scary money

Ross County have a sugar Daddy and he spends his own money ,how much is big Jason getting.I would love to see Kyle staying but we will get the market price for a 17 year old playing  for a team rooted to the bottom of the second division

Turns out the player is actually only under contract until Jan 2018 so would have been free to sign a pre-contract this summer when his deal ran out.

He was given a 3 year deal on his 16th birthday (Jan 2015) which is the maximum allowed under SFA rules.

Saints actually gave him a deal until June 2018 originally but the SFA made them change it which is why there was some doubt about how long he had to go.

Club wanted Kyle to sign a new deal but he and his agent didn't want to do that. Player wants to go.

Headline on deal is around £20OK up front but lots of add-ons could double that plus a sell on %

Other clubs interested so still time for a counter bid.

Main blow for me is Derby refusing to lend him back to us till the end of this season.

Two very decent signings in the pipeline that should go through in time for the weekend but it's definitely a bit of a blow.

Puts a different slant on it for me now. Good Bye. Who's next on the conveyor belt?

6 minutes ago, Eaglesham saint said:

I was making the point that we will get what they want to pay,that is all.

its common knowledge that agents take note of the  financial state of clubs and in Scotland we have no money 

we can't keep players and never will,we are a selling club, same as every other club.

take big Sean Kelly ,playing for FC Wimbledon ,he will be getting scary money

Ross County have a sugar Daddy and he spends his own money ,how much is big Jason getting.I would love to see Kyle staying but we will get the market price for a 17 year old playing  for a team rooted to the bottom of the second division

Sean Kelly was freed at the end of last season by Alex Rae, he did not leave of his volition.

This is not similar to the kenny McLean situation at all.

McLean was our best player with years of SPL experience and top scorer.

If we get more money for a younger guy, with no SPL experience and has scored 1 goal (against Spartans) then that's a better deal especially if there are add on's and sell on's.

While it would be great to keep him and let him develop with us that doesn't seem like it's going to happen.

I just hope any deal gets done quickly and Jack gets to use it to strengthen for our 12 up coming cup finals.

Oh really how many games did Rae give him?

Four games between February and March when he had just turned 17, then he got an injury toward the end of last season.

Why you think he would suddenly have been dropped back to the u20's had he been fit this season?

Sean Kelly was freed at the end of last season by Alex Rae, he did not leave of his volition.

Probably his most bizarre of his decision of the summer, and that really is saying something.

Still can't believe we let a player of his quality walk out the door for nothing. Oh well, last laugh to AFC Wimbledon.

Turns out the player is actually only under contract until Jan 2018 so would have been free to sign a pre-contract this summer when his deal ran out.

He was given a 3 year deal on his 16th birthday (Jan 2015) which is the maximum allowed under SFA rules.

Saints actually gave him a deal until June 2018 originally but the SFA made them change it which is why there was some doubt about how long he had to go.

Club wanted Kyle to sign a new deal but he and his agent didn't want to do that. Player wants to go.

Headline on deal is around £20OK up front but lots of add-ons could double that plus a sell on %

Other clubs interested so still time for a counter bid.

Main blow for me is Derby refusing to lend him back to us till the end of this season.

Two very decent signings in the pipeline that should go through in time for the weekend but it's definitely a bit of a blow.

If this type of openness with the fans is not a good advert for the new model of running the club then I really don't know what more can be done. Yes some will complain about Div being in the know and others not being but this quality of input coming directly from the club makes a massive difference in keeping the fans engaged and pulling in the same direction.

28 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Four games between February and March when he had just turned 17, then he got an injury toward the end of last season.

Why you think he would suddenly have been dropped back to the u20's had he been fit this season?

Cause Rae signed the likes of Walsh, Hardie, Hutton, Shankland, Sutton, Gallacher and McAllister didn't feature until Ross gutted the deadwood out to make room for Magennis and McAllister.

2 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

so much for the great new era of SMiSA and Gordon Scott not letting our young players going on the cheap. what a slap on the face for fans. yet another broken promise. disgusted.

You can hardly blame SMiSA for this Gary. I would say that if a player wants to leave for another club then it's up to the player, not the club and certainly not SMiSA (both would prefer to keep Kyle at Saints). I would however expect the club to get the maximum amount in a transfer deal for someone of his ability and don't believe they would just accept the first offer, if he wants to go and Derby are offering the highest amount or if the boy and his agent decide on the best club for him and it's not the highest bidder then i'd let him go, no point in holding on to someone who doesn't want to be here.

Not the clubs decision to sell Kyle, it's his decision to try for another club.

If we are relegated this year the boy will be worth a lot less than £200k. Right now we could buy some decent experienced replacements with that cash.

Aye like eh'm Clarkson, Webster, Hutton, Irvine? Ye can get yer experienced players to fcuk, no more has beens stealing a wage, ripping the pish out of our club.

We want the likes of McLean McGinn Mallan McAllister Magennis and any other quality young player who's surname begins with M.

Hansen was talking pish when he said the you don't win anything with kids!

The most disappointing thing to me and most of the fans is the timing of this transfer, we have some big games coming up, and just as we start to get some positive feelings about the team and this season, we get a boot in the ganggoolies, seems to be the St Mirren way, but I will get over it, (by tomorrow) because i believe that in this board and jack ross our club is in safe hands, am sure if the lad wanted to stay he would, so good luck to you Kyle hope you have a great career, but for now its onwards and upwards for me bring on the Falkirk lets get 3pts

3 hours ago, HSS said:

Maybe if a lot more Fans had signed up we wouldn't be in this situation.

I love the 'blame the  fans' reasoning... like earlier in the season when the team were getting thumped week after week because of the poor singing. If McAllister is sold for only £225k 18 months before his contract runs out I'll happily just blame the chairman... after all SGG got it in the neck over the price accepted for McLean and McGinn when their contracts were up or in the last 6 months.

McAllister has the potential to be better than either McLean or McGinn, and there are 18 months left on his contract., we've already sold Naismith for buttons in this window and clubs are enquiring about Mallan. 

Going into the window I think most of us would have wanted to hang on to the promising youngsters (McAllister, Morgan, Magennis, Mallan) and offload some of the senior flops. Looks like we'll have most of the old duffers still on the payroll and happy to sell the prize talent.

Cause Rae signed the likes of Walsh, Hardie, Hutton, Shankland, Sutton, Gallacher and McAllister didn't feature until Ross gutted the deadwood out to make room for Magennis and McAllister.

Cause he was injured. Also none of those players left till December. McAllister has started every game since November.

3 hours ago, scottd said:

When you consider all the talk of impending apocalypse from some of our more fevered fans if we are relegated to League 1 surely it makes sense to take this offer?

What a lot of crap. This lad has 18 months left. Are you telling me no club would pay this tiny amount in the summer. Rubbish.  It's a poor decision and smacks of a club again absolutely desperate for the money. It's made me extremely angry. We are losing him for chicken feed and we will not have him as we attempt to stay up. Sorry but Mallan and mcallister are our best hope of staying up. Terrible business and for me this signals that we are accepting going down. Makes me wonder why we bother. McLean and mcginn( ok sell on but that's only if it is over a certain price and within this contract) now mcallister.  It's a joke. Falkirk want 750k we take whatever.  this club is going nowhere.  

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

Cause he was injured. Also none of those players left till December. McAllister has started every game since November.

Kendo seems to forget that Alex Rae probably played as many young homegrown players last season as Jack Ross has this season:

Jack Baird, Stevie Mallan, Jordan Stewart, Kyle McAllister, Lewis Morgan were all part of the first team set up last season

Guest TPAFKATS
I love the 'blame the  fans' reasoning... like earlier in the season when the team were getting thumped week after week because of the poor singing. If McAllister is sold for only £225k 18 months before his contract runs out I'll happily just blame the chairman... after all SGG got it in the neck over the price accepted for McLean and McGinn when their contracts were up or in the last 6 months.
McAllister has the potential to be better than either McLean or McGinn, and there are 18 months left on his contract., we've already sold Naismith for buttons in this window and clubs are enquiring about Mallan. 
Going into the window I think most of us would have wanted to hang on to the promising youngsters (McAllister, Morgan, Magennis, Mallan) and offload some of the senior flops. Looks like we'll have most of the old duffers still on the payroll and happy to sell the prize talent.

I'm sure if we get any offers for the senior flops they would be snapped up.

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:

I'm sure if we get any offers for the senior flops they would be snapped up.

Danny Lennon did OK for the club when it reached a point where senior players had to be moved on rather than have contracts roll over for another season - DVZ, Mair, Murray all moved on and found other clubs.

Regarding how long he has on his contract have you read Div's post? If not go back and read it.

And do you honestly think we would be able to move Clarkson and Webster on? Do you really think anyone would want them?

People have talked about "speculate to accumulate" all season, these transfers will allow Jack Ross to do that.

2 hours ago, munoz said:

Jack Ross has done not too bad with the players he's signed this window .I'd be very surprised that if these players are to move on this week , he dosn't have some decent replacements coming in . 

Aye?  Ones that are as good as mcallister?  Ones that you want to pay to watch or maybe just some more short term deals for journeymen until the end of the season?  I think we should chuck it if we sell for 200k. It's utter madness and why now. Won't a team pay that in the summer?  Of course they will.i think that we've accepted the drop

Is this a fair summary of why some folk feel angry - if Hamilton Accies get a McCarthy or McArthur, they sell them for millions. If McCarthy or McArthur had been St Mirren players, St Mirren's BoD would have sold them for 150k each then said there was fcuk all else they could do? In broad brush stroke terms, other clubs are clued up and smarter than pigshit-thick St Mirren, who, time after time, roll over and take it right up the arse.

Aye?  Ones that are as good as mcallister?  Ones that you want to pay to watch or maybe just some more short term deals for journeymen until the end of the season?  I think we should chuck it if we sell for 200k. It's utter madness and why now. Won't a team pay that in the summer?  Of course they will.i think that we've accepted the drop

A team could sign him on a bosman in the summer or with having to pay as little as 1 years development fee.

There is also no guarantee a club would pay for him in the summer.