DONALD J TRUMP

Paisley brazilians

Guest TPAFKATS

Bombing an airbase where you suspect chemical weapons could still be stockpiled is a master stroke that US military seem to excel at.

Occurs there is no concrete evidence that Syria gov were responsible for this sarin gas attack. It seems a strange act only days after US made statement that assad could stay and peace talks were due to begin. Also if it was assad, why didn't he fire the missile into rebel troop areas who are much more of a threat than civilians?

10 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Bombing an airbase where you suspect chemical weapons could still be stockpiled is a master stroke that US military seem to excel at.

Occurs there is no concrete evidence that Syria gov were responsible for this sarin gas attack. It seems a strange act only days after US made statement that assad could stay and peace talks were due to begin. Also if it was assad, why didn't he fire the missile into rebel troop areas who are much more of a threat than civilians?

Aye, strange, as Assad is a well balanced individual who is well known for making rational decisions.

Seems to me the real truth will be difficult to establish, both sides, although their are probably more than 2 sides to this mess, will twist what "facts" they can.

The real tragedy is people have been dying while their has been a lack of "action" for too many years allowing this dictator to relish his position as nothing more than a loose cannon, with a great record compared to Trump, although there is time.

Edited by faraway saint

While the prospect of returning to the good ol' days when each side had their client countries where pretty much anything went isn't one that fills me with cheer if Russia are going to insist they have their guy in Syria then they should ensure he adheres to some basic standards before they try to claim the moral high ground.

Assad is a bastard, not the first leader to be one and obviously won't be the last, we can only hope that karma catches up with him at some point and that in the meantime something can be done to help the people of Syria.

Has Trump stumbled on the correct policy - who knows? There are no easy answers and with few of the protagonists prepared to behave in good faith we can only continue to watch our screens and hope for the best.

Assad is a bastard but there are far worse in less strategic positions that seem to get away with anything against their own peoples . .

He has been accused of using  chemical weapons which is deemed a war crime since this type of munition is deemed unsavoury by nations that harbour weapons that can vapourise whole nations possibly the planet. .

The USA has also committed the war crime of unilaterally attacking a sovereign nation without a UN resolution

Guest TPAFKATS
Aye, strange, as Assad is a well balanced individual who is well known for making rational decisions.
Seems to me the real truth will be difficult to establish, both sides, although their are probably more than 2 sides to this mess, will twist what "facts" they can.
The real tragedy is people have been dying while their has been a lack of "action" for too many years allowing this dictator to relish his position as nothing more than a loose cannon, with a great record compared to Trump, although there is time.

I know your first sentence is meant as sarcasm but it's actually pretty accurate. Assad is a pretty balanced individual who makes rational decisions in the context of world leaders.
He's certainly not one of those mavericks like Hitler, Stalin or Pol Pot.
More like a Gaddafi, Putin, Bush (snr) or even a Churchill.

On ‎08‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:29 AM, TPAFKATS said:

I know your first sentence is meant as sarcasm but it's actually pretty accurate. Assad is a pretty balanced individual who makes rational decisions in the context of world leaders.
He's certainly not one of those mavericks like Hitler, Stalin or Pol Pot.
More like a Gaddafi, Putin, Bush (snr) or even a Churchill.

Oh, really?

So the latest chemical bombing didn't really happen, according to Assad? <_<

FFS. :1eye

On 07/04/2017 at 11:03 PM, TPAFKATS said:

Oh that is a tried and tested tactic. Kill your own people. Make it look like the enemy and get popular opinion and world support on your side. Ensure you win both the war and the peace. Assad could be trying to make a case for staying on after the war.

Edited by oaksoft

8 hours ago, BaldyOzBud said:

Not quite, he just claims that it wasn't him.

Don't you love the good old " A big boy did it and ran away " defence :lol:

My understanding is that he said the whole thing was faked.................

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad has dismissed reports of last week's chemical attack as "100% fabrication," an assertion at odds with numerous eyewitness accounts, independent analysis and even the explanation given by its strongest ally, Russia.

But Assad said it was possible to fake video and suggested the whole incident had been staged. "We don't know whether those dead children were killed in Khan Sheikhoun, were they dead at all?" he said.

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

My understanding is that he said the whole thing was faked.................

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad has dismissed reports of last week's chemical attack as "100% fabrication," an assertion at odds with numerous eyewitness accounts, independent analysis and even the explanation given by its strongest ally, Russia.

But Assad said it was possible to fake video and suggested the whole incident had been staged. "We don't know whether those dead children were killed in Khan Sheikhoun, were they dead at all?" he said.

Ah okay, the version given by the Syrian-American commentator on the news earlier today was suggesting that he was accusing IS of perpetuating the attack, then sending their own medics and film crews in to the area in a staged rescue operation for propaganda purposes.

It is an old adage that the first casualty of war is the truth, and it is likely that we may never be able to definitively apportion the blame on either side in this instance, while huge numbers of Syrians suffer and die.

Truly tragic, and unrelentingly horrific.

Guest TPAFKATS
Oh, really?
So the latest chemical bombing didn't really happen, according to Assad? <_> FFS. :1eye

Well, you are assuming that this chemical weapons attack was carried out by assad.
I've been at the end of the Internet world (otherwise known as northern Scotland) but when I made my previous post there was no real evidence that he was responsible.

Also, you dont seem to realise that just because you, I and most other plebs find attacking people irrational it appears completely rational to these 'leaders' I mentioned.

12 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Also, you dont seem to realise that just because you, I and most other plebs find attacking people irrational it appears completely rational to these 'leaders' I mentioned.

Faraway is always irrationally attacking Buddies who post on here.

When we dare to Respond, he goes into what he calls "meltdown" and accuses us of his crimes.

be careful, TPAFKATS - He uses Assad as a role model.

he'll want to "box you" next! :)

15 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Well, you are assuming that this chemical weapons attack was carried out by assad.
I've been at the end of the Internet world (otherwise known as northern Scotland) but when I made my previous post there was no real evidence that he was responsible.

Aye, I'd noticed you were quiet.

Glad your back, fancy a running race to decide who's in the right? :lol:

• 8 months later...
Guest TPAFKATS
In his latest series of unhinged tweets, Trump has described himself as a 'genius'.
He becomes more like Oaksoft with each passing day. Be very afraid....[emoji185]

Yes, the president of the us of a held a press conference to tell the world that he isn't insane.
The shark has been well and truly jumped

In his latest series of unhinged tweets, Trump has described himself as a 'genius'.
He becomes more like Oaksoft with each passing day. Be very afraid....[emoji185]

Think Oaky has already sent in his CV. Seems like there is always an opening in The White House for someone of his self-proclaimed 'calibre'

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Doakes said:

Not overly bothered with Trump. I'm enjoying that the world is relatively calm. 

Doubt things would be as calm with Clinton in charge so from that pov it's been quite positive for the world, despite all the weird tweets etc

Apart from the fact he is goading North Korea on a daily basis.

Would Clinton have done that?