Stephen McGinn

Sonny

Was going to post this in speculation but it would be transferred here soon enough.....

From the Wycombe Wanderers website .......

Wanderers midfielder Stephen McGinn has left the club after his contract was cancelled by mutual consent.

The Scotsman arrived at Adams Park on a two-year deal in August 2015 but has been unable to break into the team in recent weeks due to strong competition for places in midfield.

Gareth Ainsworth said: “Stevie needs to play games and that wasn’t something I could offer him here, so we felt it was best for all parties to give him the opportunity to pursue first-team football elsewhere.

“He’s a great guy and it’s unfortunate that it hasn’t really worked out for him here in the past few months. Even though it's been a difficult time for him, he's remained the ultimate professional and always given his full support to me, my staff and the players.

"We wish him all the best and hope our paths cross again one day.”

Edit to Add: That was posted just over an hour ago.
Edited by Sonny

13 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Was going to post this in speculation but it would be transferred here soon enough.....

From the Wycombe Wanderers website .......

Wanderers midfielder Stephen McGinn has left the club after his contract was cancelled by mutual consent.

The Scotsman arrived at Adams Park on a two-year deal in August 2015 but has been unable to break into the team in recent weeks due to strong competition for places in midfield.

Gareth Ainsworth said: “Stevie needs to play games and that wasn’t something I could offer him here, so we felt it was best for all parties to give him the opportunity to pursue first-team football elsewhere.

“He’s a great guy and it’s unfortunate that it hasn’t really worked out for him here in the past few months. Even though it's been a difficult time for him, he's remained the ultimate professional and always given his full support to me, my staff and the players.

"We wish him all the best and hope our paths cross again one day.”

Edit to Add: That was posted just over an hour ago.

Good stuff Sonny, made a good start to the evening reading that.....along with my new found Tennents Gluten Free beer :guinness

Just now, whydowebother said:

Ha amusing :D

To be fair this time round reading back , I've been pretty much bang on including the days of announcing, just a guess of course ;)

But Lovestreetzo will be along soon no doubt for an exclusive

I much prefer your exclusive "guesses".:lol:

At 28 he's a good age with a decent bit of experience behind him and a very good work ethic.

Is he an improvement on Stephen Mallan? No.

Is he an improvement on Rocco Quinn? Yes.

Is he a guy you'd want in the trenches with you when push comes to shove? Absolutely.

22 minutes ago, div said:

At 28 he's a good age with a decent bit of experience behind him and a very good work ethic.

Is he an improvement on Stephen Mallan? No.

Is he an improvement on Rocco Quinn? Yes.

Is he a guy you'd want in the trenches with you when push comes to shove? Absolutely.

I feel a LOT happier with the prospect of 2 from 5 of Magennis, Mallan, Quinn, Storie and McGinn as my midfield picks. McGinn can be like Steven Thomson at times. Industrious, good in either box and deceptively skillful and rarely does a lot wrong.

He's a player I'd certainly rather have playing for us than for a rival at this level.