Stephen McGinn

Sonny

1 hour ago, Buddy Marvellous said:

Was a decent player for us but not convinced this is a good move! Lets face it his career went into decline when he left us, hope he proves me wrong if he signs!

That's harsh! He was a regular in the Championship with Watford for over a year and a key player for them until he picked up a bad knee injury. He was keeping Danny Drinkwater and Andros Townsend out the starting XI.

Then later he was a regular starter for Sheffield United in 2013/14 when they reached the semi-final of the FA Cup. That's not too bad at all for a player who's been unlucky with injuries.

I hope it works out , but not convinced , we now seem to be collecting central midfielders the same way we previously collected centre halves and centre forwards , in general though I,m quite happy with how the squad is shaping up , probably needing a left back and a striker now

Edited by MenstrieSaint
Spelling

I hope it works out , but not convinced , we now seem to be collecting central midfielders the same way we previously collected centre halves and centre forwards , in general though I,m quite happy with how the squad is shaping up , probably needing a left back and a striker now

You must have missed the left back we signed last week then.

11 hours ago, linwood buddie said:

The Board have backed Jack no one can say their not dong their bit.

To be fair to Ross, he's fair backed himself. It's his team now and he's going to either make a lot of people on here look very stupid, or ensure his sacking. Got to admire his baws, would have been easy just to hide behind Rae's shite players for the rest of the season.

Happy with this signing. Experience and composure in midfield is critically important.

Ideally, I'd now like to see another forward and a right back coming in. Depending on Gordon's fitness, perhaps a centre half, though it seems to be getting a bit surreal, as that would pretty much be an entire team signed this window. Though in truth, who would argue with that being the requirement.

Looking forward to tomorrow. It'll be intriguing at the very least!

Edited by Drew

Happy with this signing. Experience and composure in midfield is critically important.
Ideally, I'd now like to see another forward and a right back coming in. Depending on Gordon's fitness, perhaps a centre half, though it seems to be getting a bit surreal, as that would pretty much be an entire team signed this window. Though in truth, who would argue with that being the requirement.
Looking forward to tomorrow. It'll be intriguing at the very least!

Really hope we get off to winning ways tomorrow. COYS KTF etc etc.

That was my fault. Wishful thinking[emoji20]

On Tuesday night I kept talking about "tomorrow nights plans" when I was discussing what I'm doing this Friday with the other half it must be spreading.

It's probably because it's the first time in ages I'm kind of hyped for going to the football on Saturday and the weekend can't come quick enough. I hope my bubble isn't burst this Saturday. Ssshhhhh! KTF coys etc.

I`d been struggling to recall this McGinn but Googled him and remember the goal against Rangers in particular before he fled south. Subsequent goals seem to have been at a premium though. It doesn't really inspire confidence signing a player released from the English 4th division but not having seen him play, judgement will be reserved. I would have thought that being the lowest scorers in the league, a centre forward would be top priority but perhaps that could be the next signing now that money has been received for one of our players.

Was pretty impressed with the display against Dundee and the level of fight, which has been markedly absent for a very long time. The goalie looked a big improvement as well, so surely theres no excuse for not trying to make a fist of it in the remaining games and maybe even making the play-off spot.

Still have to end with a gripe though. When will someone realise that charging £20 a time to watch this standard of football is madness. Cant they see the empty stands and no atmosphere ?

29 minutes ago, Froggie said:

I`d been struggling to recall this McGinn but Googled him and remember the goal against Rangers in particular before he fled south. Subsequent goals seem to have been at a premium though. It doesn't really inspire confidence signing a player released from the English 4th division but not having seen him play, judgement will be reserved. I would have thought that being the lowest scorers in the league, a centre forward would be top priority but perhaps that could be the next signing now that money has been received for one of our players.

Was pretty impressed with the display against Dundee and the level of fight, which has been markedly absent for a very long time. The goalie looked a big improvement as well, so surely theres no excuse for not trying to make a fist of it in the remaining games and maybe even making the play-off spot.

Still have to end with a gripe though. When will someone realise that charging £20 a time to watch this standard of football is madness. Cant they see the empty stands and no atmosphere ?

If we charge less we'll soon be playing at a level where the standard is appropriate. Which wouldn't please anyone, I'm sure.

3 minutes ago, Drew said:

'Tremendous'? Really?

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

In St Mirren terms absolutely.

We had a few big performances, but were typically a bit shite, and flirting with relegation. In fairness, I suppose it is all relative, right enough.