Stephen McGinn

Sonny

We had a few big performances, but were typically a bit shite, and flirting with relegation. In fairness, I suppose it is all relative, right enough.

That was in a big spending SPL when teams were still throwing money they couldn't afford about. It was a far stronger league then than it is now. Remember hearing we had the smallest playing budget in the league three out of our first four seasons back in the top league.

Still stayed up every time though.

18 minutes ago, TopCat said:

That was in a big spending SPL when teams were still throwing money they couldn't afford about. It was a far stronger league then than it is now. Remember hearing we had the smallest playing budget in the league three out of our first four seasons back in the top league.

Great balance sheet but in fairness pretty shite football. Albeit admittedly way better than the last 3 years. All relative as Drew said.

1 hour ago, Drew said:

We had a few big performances, but were typically a bit shite, and flirting with relegation. In fairness, I suppose it is all relative, right enough.

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Calling those days "tremendous" is obviously ludicrous but I would almost give a kidney to be back at that level with Jack as manager and a budget which is competitive with the other SPL clubs our size. Now THAT could be tremendous.

Edited by oaksoft

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Todd, O'Brien, Stelios, Storie, Smith, Fee-jelly-deh, McGinn, Loy.... if we get out of this and Ayr United go down, will their fans say 'those Paisley basturts bought their way out of it with their sugar daddy splashing the cash?'

They'd be wrong to do so but they can say what they like as long as they are doing it from League One next season with us still in this league thinking about challenging for promotion to the SPL.

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Not true only the first season back and even then that was debated by Inverness fans.  The second season the lowest budget was Gretna and the third and fourth season Hamilton had a much lower budget.

Todd, O'Brien, Stelios, Storie, Smith, Fee-jelly-deh, McGinn, Loy.... if we get out of this and Ayr United go down, will their fans say 'those Paisley basturts bought their way out of it with their sugar daddy splashing the cash?'

I've already had that speech from an Ayr fan. I've assured him that the books will be balancing, and that it'd be a beautiful thing if our revival meant that McCall had a relegation on his hands.