Stephen McGinn

Sonny

Thought he was outstanding when he came on.
Make him captain and we might have a chance of staying up.

Tweeted the exact same thing. His passing, movement, organising the midfield was excellent when he came on. Geeing teammates up. We have no real leader - he looks like he could step up and do the job.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Have to agree with previous comments.

Hopefully Mallan will take note of what it takes to get to McGinn's level and learn from the master.

Mallan for Barnsley. McGinn released by Wycome. You couldn't make it up. Been watching Mallan for a long time and today hopefully proved to many how far off the mark Mallan is. Might answer a few questions about why we are sitting bottom of the Championship in Scotland.

What McGinn did today is what Mallan has failed to do consistently. He dominated a midfield in the Championship from start to finish. This is exactly the type of player we have needed in the midfield for a long time. Fit, box to box and good distribution. Not showboating junk.

Edited by lenziebud

What stands out about this is the 18 month deal. The only one of the new men guaranteed to be here beyond May? Even if we go down and Mallan's away then we should have a bit of quality in the heart of the team.
I'd be tempted to give him the armband.....

He looked like a proper footballer. Total class. Supposedly Mallan was good last week so deserved his start this week. From what I saw today he is miles behind Stephen. Mcginno to extend his legendaryness.

Tweeted the exact same thing. His passing, movement, organising the midfield was excellent when he came on. Geeing teammates up. We have no real leader - he looks like he could step up and do the job.

He needs the captaincy. Only one that looks prepared to do what we need a leader to so.

Great interview with McGinn on St Mirren TV. Had his bags packed for 4 days waiting for the nod. Left London Thursday night got up the road at 3am Friday  in on Friday morning for training. We badly need a leader on the park to push the players. Jack that man is McGinn we need him as captain.  

14 hours ago, Frank McGarvey' wonky legs said:

In 5 minutes he had found more team mates than Mallan did in the previous 50. But if Sutton could bully defences like Miller did it would have been a different game

I whole heartedly agree that McGinn is a class act, but I can't agree with your remarks about Sutton. Miller was up against our soft-centred defence while Sutton had to cope with a much harder central pairing and was given absolutely no protection by Alan Muir.

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Great interview with McGinn on St Mirren TV. Had his bags packed for 4 days waiting for the nod. Left London Thursday night got up the road at 3am Friday  in on Friday morning for training. We badly need a leader on the park to push the players. Jack that man is McGinn we need him as captain.  

He's exactly the type of character we need in this situation, I find it absolutely mental that some of our fans weren't bothered if he returned or not 

Mallan should take a leaf out of McGinn's book, keeps it simple all the time and his short range passing is excellent, he drives the team on, I'm very surprised we have been able to land him considering the position we are in.

Make McGinn Captain and sell Mallan to Barnsley, we should be biting their hand off for that 200k, he isn't that good.

Reached the desperate stage we find a centre back in this mound in the next two days.