Stephen McGinn

Sonny

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Great interview with McGinn on St Mirren TV. Had his bags packed for 4 days waiting for the nod. Left London Thursday night got up the road at 3am Friday  in on Friday morning for training. We badly need a leader on the park to push the players. Jack that man is McGinn we need him as captain.  

You got a link to this IBS?

2 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I'm gonna say it first - he's not the player he was, shouldn't have been resigned never mind being made Captain - uninterested and overweight due to the poor eating habits he developed at Watford! :angry:

Have you taken on Shull's mantle? :whistle

3 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I'm gonna say it first - he's not the player he was, shouldn't have been resigned never mind being made Captain - uninterested and overweight due to the poor eating habits he developed at Watford! :angry:

If one thing stood out for me on Saturday it was clear to see both McGinn and Smith have a football brain above all others.

7 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

If one thing stood out for me on Saturday it was clear to see both McGinn and Smith have a football brain above all others.

Yeah but the post was a bit of a contrivance, although I await the first contibution ripping him to shreds, the real question is do you like the song?

Edit - The song caused a fuss at the time and was dropped from UK copies of the Bullinamingvase elpee although it is now available on the current CD versions.

Edited by Bud the Baker

42 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

He has to start against Dumbarton. I'm not sure about making him captain just yet, maybe a few more games to settle and if he does his talking on the park it will be a no brainer to make him captain.

You're right. We should stick with Irvine or Webster as captain...:P

Edited by Soctty

1 minute ago, Soctty said:

You're right. We should stick with Irvine or Webster as captain...

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not... assuming you are, Webster and Irvine are the experienced players who have let us down the most and i'd drop them both. It's unfair to put added pressure on Mcginn when he's played about half an hour's football since he came back by instantly making him captain. As i said a few games down the line where he has played well would be a better time to hand him the captaincy.

1 minute ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not... assuming you are, Webster and Irvine are the experienced players who have let us down the most and i'd drop them both. It's unfair to put added pressure on Mcginn when he's played about half an hour's football since he came back by instantly making him captain. As i said a few games down the line where he has played well would be a better time to hand him the captaincy.

I was being sarastic mate. McGinn took the pressure on himself to demand the ball, to order players around, to lead by example with his passing and movement. Giving him the captaincy just rubberstamps him as the leader we've missed since Goodwin left.

Just now, Soctty said:

I was being sarastic mate. McGinn took the pressure on himself to demand the ball, to order players around, to lead by example with his passing and movement. Giving him the captaincy just rubberstamps him as the leader we've missed since Goodwin left.

Fair enough. Mckenzie would have been a good shout too if he wasn't injury prone and i suppose right now there's not many candidates to challenge McGinn.

1 minute ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Fair enough. Mckenzie would have been a good shout too if he wasn't injury prone and i suppose right now there's not many candidates to challenge McGinn.

I was just so impressed by that side of his game, on top of everything else yesterday. He led. He was telling players where to go, passing, moving, dictating our play. Maybe he does it anyway without the armband, but I feel that kind of leadership deserves it.

2 minutes ago, Soctty said:

I was just so impressed by that side of his game, on top of everything else yesterday. He led. He was telling players where to go, passing, moving, dictating our play. Maybe he does it anyway without the armband, but I feel that kind of leadership deserves it.

He's also played at a higher level for the last 6 years so hopefully he'll rub off on the other players and get us out of this.  I'm not sure if Ross will hand him the captaincy right away though, not many would argue if he did.

3 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

He's also played at a higher level for the last 6 years so hopefully he'll rub off on the other players and get us out of this.  I'm not sure if Ross will hand him the captaincy right away though, not many would argue if he did.

I'd settle for him being in the team, fitness permitting. And that was after training once with his teammates.

1 minute ago, Saint Garf said:

I don't think he needs to be captain, as long as he performs the way he did when he came on yesterday, he'll contribute plenty with or without the armband

Agree he would, but why leave Irvine with the captaincy? May not even be in the team if we get the left back we're aiming for next. McGinn is a standout choice.

33 minutes ago, Soctty said:

You're correct - Webster's role as captain seemed limited to calling the toss :oohlala of the coin, whereas even if SM is not captain he will contribute to the team spirit as well as bringing his playing skills - it's still a damn good song tho'. :whistle 

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 hour ago, Soctty said:

You're right. We should stick with Irvine or Webster as captain...:P

Oh are THEY our captains? I hadn't noticed we had one this season. I'd give it to McGinn first thing tomorrow, just to get it away from that utter waste of an armband Webster.

1 hour ago, Soctty said:

I give you a bow good man.