East Fife v St Mirren. Scottish Cup. 11th Feb

Sonny

Is it true East Fife ground only holds around 2,000 ? Surely if its pay at the gate there must be more than a thousand locals likely to turn out for a cup tie, which doesn't leave much room if Saints are taking a decent support. This sounds like the opposite of us making all ticket matches in an empty stadium. Think I will give it a miss anyway.

It wouldn't surprise me if we won through as cup ties seem the only games we are able to negotiate. Unfortunately the days of a cup tie being a cash bonanza are long gone. Best hope would be a tanking away against either of the old firm. Remember being at a tie about 20 yrs ago at Bayview when we drew and won the replay. Maybe ever longer ago than that.

However good luck on Saturday and if results go our way, may even consider going to Somerset Park in a few weeks.

26 minutes ago, TopCat said:

So all the busses are full, and this isn't all ticket? This is going to be absolute chaos at the gate on Saturday :lol:

I hope the club suitably compensates if any fans makes the 3 hour round trip and aren't allowed in.

What club , East Fife ? The decision not to make this all ticket wasn't St Mirren's as far as I know . 

Anyway , 4 buses only amounts to 200 odd . I'll be very surprised if we take more than a thousand given our current form . 

Looking forward to a cup away game at a ground I've not been at for years .

42 minutes ago, TopCat said:

So all the busses are full, and this isn't all ticket? This is going to be absolute chaos at the gate on Saturday :lol:

I hope the club suitably compensates if any fans makes the 3 hour round trip and aren't allowed in.

Oh give it a rest !  

It is the home clubs decision on ticketing / entry  arrangements . Should the club also compensate the fans who went to Dumbarton without a ticket and couldnt get in ?

ETA , Just read Munoz post , agree 100%  We didnt sell our whole allocation for a twenty minute trip to Dumbarton for a "must win" game. The only people who wont get in on Saturday are folk like Shull who are too mean to pay & will try and get a freeview over the fence !!

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

What club , East Fife ? The decision not to make this all ticket wasn't St Mirren's as far as I know . 

Anyway , 4 buses only amounts to 200 odd . I'll be very surprised if we take more than a thousand given our current form . 

Looking forward to a cup away game at a ground I've not been at for years .

Well was it East Fife's? I doubt East Fife or the Methil polis are any experts on the traveling support St Mirren take to Scottish cup games. That decision would have been delegated our way. I bet someone from East Fife has phoned Saints and said our away allocation holds 700 or whatever it is, is that going to be enough? And someone from St Mirren has said yes.

If anyone from St Mirren has said no we need this to be all ticket it would have been. The last thing East Fife or anyone else wants is loads of away fans turning up and not getting in. That will lead to attempted fence jumping/trying to get home the end. And I think that's what's going to happen.

Maybe I'll be wrong and maybe the away end will be big enough. Let's hope so.

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

Well was it East Fife's? I doubt East Fife are any experts on the traveling support from St Mirren.

I bet someone from East Fife has phoned Saints and said our away allocation holds 700 or whatever it is, is that going to be enough? And someone from St Mirren has said yes.

What about the guy from Dumbarton that phoned someone before last weeks game? 

Give it a rest.

18 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Well was it East Fife's? I doubt East Fife or the Methil polis are any experts on the traveling support St Mirren take to Scottish cup games. That decision would have been delegated our way. I bet someone from East Fife has phoned Saints and said our away allocation holds 700 or whatever it is, is that going to be enough? And someone from St Mirren has said yes.

If anyone from St Mirren has said no we need this to be all ticket it would have been. The last thing East Fife or anyone else wants is loads of away fans turning up and not getting in. That will lead to attempted fence jumping/trying to get home the end. And I think that's what's going to happen.

Maybe I'll be wrong and maybe the away end will be big enough. Let's hope so.

So ...... Someone from East Fife phoned & took advice from Saints.... then made a decision.:huh:

would you like another wee try ? Using your model . whose decision was it ??   :rolleyes:

East fifes AVERAGE attendance is 600. , lets say 500 home fans. Nah f**k it lets suppose everyone is a home fan and we`ll let them add another 200 for good measure. that makes 800 Fifers .  Following this so far TC ?

Their ground holds 2000 all seated

Which leaves room for 1200 visiting fans. 

f**k its gonna be a crush :rolleyes:

ETA , which of course will mean Gordon Scott & Jack ross have royally f**ked up.

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

East fifes AVERAGE attendance is 600. , lets say 500 home fans. Nah f**k it lets suppose everyone is a home fan and we`ll let them add another 200 for good measure. that makes 800 Fifers .  Following this so far TC ?

ETA , which of course will mean Gordon Scott & Jack ross have royally f**ked up.

Canny see us taking more than 500 to East Fife

I'd imagine St Mirren will get the whole away half minus the section closest to the centre that's used for board / hospitality, etc. So you're probably looking at 800/900

East Fife fan. Maybe you're right and he's wrong?

Canny see us taking more than 500 to East Fife

We took 600 to Dundee in the last round. Why you think we are going to take less in a later round?

Maybe I've called it all wrong and we will take a hopeless support through on Saturday. The fact all 4 busses have already sold out would suggest otherwise, but we can only wait and see.

9 minutes ago, guinness said:

Do they have a plastic pitch? It is too be very frosty Friday night

I thought they did , but another bud on this thread assures me its good old Grass. East Fife have put out a call for fans to come down & help on saturday to remove the frost covers.

St.Mirren have said not to worry as they are confident the 25000 travelling fans will help out.