East Fife v St Mirren. Scottish Cup. 11th Feb

Sonny

I'd say potentially three or four winnable ties (depending on results tomorrow).

If we get drawn with either of the winners of the two midweek replays, Patrick or Morton (if they make it) then I think we can make Hampden.

[EDIT: Tam Cowan has made us team of the day and is postulating on the possibility of the Scottish Cup holders playing in the Third Tier...]

Edited by southsidebud

Was an interesting game certainly, although in wild conditions and lacking quality. But we are through and that's all that mattered today. Bring on whoever in the quarters.

Morgan changed the game when he came on, fantastic performance from him and two good goals. Also thought Smith had a good game, took his goal well. Mallan played well too, another assist and I thought he scored straight from the corner at the end, ruled to be not over the line though. East Fife actually had a goal very harshly chopped off straight from a corner at the same end when it was 0-0.

Defensively we were very suspect as usual.. but again. It's all about the cups. 10 cup games, 9 wins. We don't even need replays!

20 minutes ago, farmer john said:

well done Saints. Definitely dont want to be drawn away to Celtic in the quarter finals though. We, or any club, could get a right demoralising spanking.

on the contrary, i would just field a youth side and take the cash

i wouldn't even bother naming subs and would refuse to take any tickets

get it right up them

every game against either of the 'old firm' should be treated like this by every club

indeed, why doesn't every club resign and start a new league without them?

why are we putting up with them?

Pleasing result since it was never going to be a easy game. Celtic away would give us plenty of money, but losing by a barrel load would not do the players confidence any good since we need to keep a winning run going to give us any chance of staying in this league. Morton at home with the telly showing us would do me :rolleyes:  Oh and who are the boo boys blaming for us losing 2 goals since Irvine wasn't playing ?

Horrible horrible day in a horrible little ground on a horrible pitch but we found a way which is all that matters. Only two real bits of quality were Morgans goals but no moaning as it was an awful day to be playing football in. Some might complain about our "Lego" stadium but it keeps you dry and compared to that today the playing surface is like a green at Augusta

1 hour ago, elvis said:

I would take Celtic away plenty of cash for the coffers we are never ever going to win this so might as well get something out of it via a cash windfall. .

I'd leave Celtic for Semi Final (or Final). I reckon we'd get a small amount of tickets for Parkhead and a lot of Celtic fans would fail to pitch up (not being that interested) meaning a smaller pay day.

In the semi we would get more tickets and I reckon more Celtic fans would turn up as the treble would be moving closer to reality. 

And of course that would mean we had won another game!

The final would be a sell out and the best option of all... not that I'm getting carried away of course... :D