East Fife v St Mirren. Scottish Cup. 11th Feb

Sonny

What club , East Fife ? The decision not to make this all ticket wasn't St Mirren's as far as I know . 
Anyway , 4 buses only amounts to 200 odd . I'll be very surprised if we take more than a thousand given our current form . 
Looking forward to a cup away game at a ground I've not been at for years .

The clubs had a discussion. St Mirren gave their opinion as to how many fans would travel and from that a decision was made. It's the wrong decision in my opinion.

We took 600 to Dundee in the last round. Why you think we are going to take less in a later round?

Maybe I've called it all wrong and we will take a hopeless support through on Saturday. The fact all 4 busses have already sold out would suggest otherwise, but we can only wait and see.

It suggests there's no easy way of getting there by train.

6 minutes ago, El Gingero said:

The clubs had a discussion. St Mirren gave their opinion as to how many fans would travel and from that a decision was made. It's the wrong decision in my opinion.

Possibly might be . I suppose we'll find out on Saturday . 

Markinch is the nearest station. About 5 to 7 miles away 

Yuhu, I know that from site visits and it means it's not near enough for most and makes the supporters bus a more obvious answer for many. It's not even, I'd say, train then taxi territory or worth the hassle of working out the connecting buses. Final point is that Methil is certainly not day trip, spend a bit extra, enjoy the ambience and local establishments territory.

10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Was arranged but times too precious to spend a day away so I'll miss this game.

Individual choice. I once flew back from South Africa for the weekend. Arrived sat morning at 8am, went home, drove for an hour to go to Paisley for the game and back afterwards. Out for a meal. Next day. Flight back to South Africa at 6.15pm. Arrived 9.30am. Picked up a car and drove to work. Mad? Of course! Enjoy your time at home Faraway. You seem to be more sane than I am.

17 hours ago, TopCat said:

You're arguing against your own point here. You're saying that the current team should be capable of even more than going to a premier league team and winning comfortably.

Well yes I suppose they should be. After all the current squad is stronger than the one who did just three weeks ago, as you point out. The only player who featured that day and isn't in the squad now is McAllister. But let's not put undue pressure on them.

We don't need them to be capable of going to a premier team and winning comfortably. We just need them capable of getting something at home to Falkirk, or holding on to a lead against part time Dumbarton.

You did not answer mate. I know you are down at this time and you're opinion is different from mine. Keep supporting the team that is all that matters. Time will tell. 

5 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

BBC forecast on line has gone from hard frost, freezing cold with wind chill to pissing rain all day ffs. Basically going to be horrible if it's on, bound to affect the crowd if accurate.

Of course it will be horrible and conditions will be so bad the match will be postponed.  WHY? because the winter break just finished. Happens every season no matter when the break is. HA!HA!  Jack Frost is taking the pish!