Dumbarton v St Mirren - 4th Feb 2017

Jocky

Can we not throw any more players at this squad ?? I look at that team now and think wtf ?! Who are they , where are the leaders, where's the heart beat and the engine room, where are the fist pumpers and the drivers. Nowhere. I don't recognise some of the players now and I can barely in truth recognise ST Mirren FC the club or the team anymore

When does Jack Ross become accountable for this absolute cluster f**k of a season? He's had the majority of the season and has somehow managed to make us WORSE than the team Alex Rae had control of IMO. Totally unacceptable.

What is also unacceptable is our bampot of a chairman declaring via any media source that'll entertain him that JR's job is safe no matter what happens this season. Jack's job should be under review when this seasons over and if we're still as bad as we are currently then he needs the bullet. There has been zero improvement since he's taken over and we've went backwards on the park in my opinion.

Disgrace.

When we can't win a must win game against Dumbarton despite having the lead twice, and Ayr go to Easter Road and take a point you know the game is almost over. 

If Ayr lose their next 4 games in a row, and St Mirren actually win a must win game at Ayr, beat Hibs at home, and Raith away we can overtake them on 4th March.

Fast becoming the worst St Mirren team I have ever seen. Very, very sad. No heart, cannot hold onto a lead, cannot beat part-time teams, and cannot dig out the kind of results that rivals have achieved recently against the likes of Dundee United and Hibs. Spineless. 

7 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

Dumbarton man goes down, Irvine thinks "Oh I know, I'll continue marking him instead of stepping up beyond him". You couldn't make it up.

We sign 3 players that can play at full back yet Irvine still gets a start, and has a poor game as usual. That's bad management.

1 hour ago, mcdowell76 said:

Stats show that Dumbarton had the majority of the possession and the majority of the attempts on and off target.

We were lucky to get a draw.

The stats must include the 30 minutes the fat arsed Dumbarton goalie took to take free kicks. We were the only team trying to win that game.

On the plus side, I found myself sitting next to Billy O'Brien's bird today... she's a wee smasher, and a blether!

Even she could see the problems with how the team was lined up, the lack of grit in midfield and the shambling defending... been watching the team for a couple of weeks now and she seems to have more of a clue than Jack Ross!

Gutted today we looked comfortable apart from their 2 decent chances, which they scored from! On our part the defending was suspect for both goals. The problem is we have lots of new players and no time to wait for them to gel. We must hope that Dumbarton beat Ayr before we play them and then we go down to Ayr and win, that's our only chance!

1 minute ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Gutted today we looked comfortable apart from their 2 decent chances, which they scored from! On our part the defending was suspect for both goals. The problem is we have lots of new players and no time to wait for them to gel. We must hope that Dumbarton beat Ayr before we play them and then we go down to Ayr and win, that's our only chance!

Tend to agree on your reading of the game. Winning at Ayr certainly won't be easy, but not impossible. 

Win our next 3 games and our season could look much better.

Disagree that we are worse under Ross than Rae. His record not great but we need to stop sacking managers. That said a disappointing day again today although the pitch was a total bog with players losing their footing and the ball bobbling all over the pitch. Disappointing to lose the lead twice thought we looked decent from middle to front and whilst surprised at Clarkson starting he took his goal well. I thought Harry at centre half was decent and made up for losing Nade for the equaliser by scoring himself. Eckersley strolled it without impressing and Smith was decent again.

Not the three points we need but the cup games will give the new players more time to gel before the Ayr game. Let's get behind the boys and I am confident we will get catch Ayr by the end of March.

COYS

Trying desperately not to give up all hope, but we simply can't buy a break just now. I think the writing is on the wall. Today was another massive boot to the stones. Another opportunity missed, and with Ayr collecting an unlikely point in Edinburgh, you have to fear that this is one great escape too far.

Grim times, but all we can do is offer as much support as we can muster. It's getting harder with each passing week, though.

Edited by Drew

That's me accepted relegation. Will still take out the season ticket and hope Jack Ross leads us. Anger no, sad yes. That's all folks. 

You accept relegation but you don't accept that Jack Ross has been a catastrophe for this club?

A man that has 2 league wins since October shouldn't be made culpable for sending us down to the lowest point in our history?

ETA I still haven't accepted relegation. I never will.

32 minutes ago, Bobbyreid said:

Disagree that we are worse under Ross than Rae. His record not great but we need to stop sacking managers. That said a disappointing day again today although the pitch was a total bog with players losing their footing and the ball bobbling all over the pitch. Disappointing to lose the lead twice thought we looked decent from middle to front and whilst surprised at Clarkson starting he took his goal well. I thought Harry at centre half was decent and made up for losing Nade for the equaliser by scoring himself. Eckersley strolled it without impressing and Smith was decent again.

Not the three points we need but the cup games will give the new players more time to gel before the Ayr game. Let's get behind the boys and I am confident we will get catch Ayr by the end of March.

COYS

I agree that we need to stop sacking managers but I would also suggest it should only stop after we stop hiring bad ones. 

4 hours ago, TopCat said:

Full time 2-2

Result fair enough, two poor sides and neither did enough to win.

Yet another bad day at the office for us, especially with the Ayr result. Yet another must win game which haven't won. Yet another week ticks by with no ground made up on the teams above us.

We took the lead twice and couldn't see it out on either occasion. Things like these are the reason we are going down with a whimper.

This is Ross's team and the league results are no better. 7 league games without a win now. A disgraceful run of form and he must be held accountable.

Oh well, back to the cups next week. We'll probably beat East Fife and get the ' turning point, season starts here' chat again. Absolutely hopeless.

Given the fact it has only just become jacks team with this transfer window and 9 or 10 in total coming in an tbe utter sheeeat the rae brought in almost gone how the heck is he to be held accountable in his FIRST game with HIS team and not some other muppets players. If you cant comprehend or see that it is now and only now become his team why bother supporting the paisley saints. Seriouslt what is your gripe or agenda with jack its been insesant since day 1 

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Indeed, our chairman said we need to stop sacking managers only to go on and sack one after six league games, they probably think we missed that!

Facts state that rae didnt have SIX games he had half the previous season. And given that he was the previous boards appointment one of many honking ones. Its also a fact most new boards want their own choice of manager thus they can then be held accountqble by their own actions not those of someone they had no say in.