Dumbarton v St Mirren - 4th Feb 2017

Jocky

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

However bad we are, I'm not convinced that making the players train in fields strewn with broken glass and dug shite is the answer. Nor is calling them a shower of useless cunts. The uncomfortable reality is that it isn't you or me who can potentially salvage this season. We need these guys to pull together and to believe that there is a cause worth fighting for. Do you genuinely believe that abusing them on here or anywhere else is going to support that?

Yes, we're not good enough, and, yes, we're most likely going down, but while there is still the remotest chance of us staying up, perhaps we should be circling the wagons rather than throwing anyone to the dogs, no?

You're spot on, the thing is we've signed a brand new team who don't have the luxury of pre season to gel. However we have 2 cup games coming up which could help in that respect and prepare us for the rest of the campaign. 

We still have a chance and the players need to be encouraged to believe that they can pull this off.

All is not lost.

20 minutes ago, Dan Is The Man said:

Dumbarton' second is an absolute horror show.

Confused as to why Eckersley is marking Nade at corners instead of Mackenzie. You'd think JR would identify their most dangerous aerial threat and put your best defender on him. Punished for it.

Nade was giving McKenzie a torrid time in the 2nd half, to be fair. He rag-dolled him a couple of times. Maybe that had a bearing. Most likely it was simply a case of 'pick your man'.

Edited by Drew

We were dreadful yesterday against a part time team who train two nights a week with a part time manager who works night shift at Rolls Royce.You honestly have to wonder what we do in preparation at our Training Headquarters.Those players of ours should be at the Training Ground nine till five from now on.Training in the mornings going over video analysis in the afternoons and practice practice everything till we get things right and the management team should be kicking arses in no uncertain terms.Less of the nicey nicey our future has to be saved over to you JR?

Forgot to add why is Nade allowed to play for three teams in the season six for Stranraer five for Dumbarton and three for Annan as a trialist surely a breach of SFA rules somewhere.If you are allowed to play a trialist three times for your club nothing to stop us bringing a guy in for last three games of the season who has already played for two different teams time for Tony to get on the phone to SPFL.

Nade was giving McKenzie a torrid time in the 2nd half, to be fair. He rag-dolled him a couple of times. Maybe that had a bearing. Most likely it was simply a case of 'pick your man'.

Eckersley picked Nade up first half when he nearly scored from the corner. I say picked up, more like tried snuggling under his arm pit.

9 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

Eckersley picked Nade up first half when he nearly scored from the corner. I say picked up, more like tried snuggling under his arm pit.

Nade was a real pest for our defence. A bull of a player who put himself about, but was cute enough not to attract too much attention from that clown Beaton.

However bad we are, I'm not convinced that making the players train in fields strewn with broken glass and dug shite is the answer. Nor is calling them a shower of useless cunts. The uncomfortable reality is that it isn't you or me who can potentially salvage this season. We need these guys to pull together and to believe that there is a cause worth fighting for. Do you genuinely believe that abusing them on here or anywhere else is going to support that?
Yes, we're not good enough, and, yes, we're most likely going down, but while there is still the remotest chance of us staying up, perhaps we should be circling the wagons rather than throwing anyone to the dogs, no?

Well training in those kinds of fields is working for the p/t teams in the league. They may not be c---- and fair due I should not have said that. I never abuse any players at the game or on here by name but as a team they are f ing useless as the league table shows.

Just now, renfrew said:

Well training in those kinds of fields is working for the p/t teams in the league. They may not be c---- and fair due I should not have said that. I never abuse any players at the game or on here by name but as a team they are f ing useless as the league table shows.

You're correct in saying that we should have an advantage given our training facilities, and that we're failing to capitalise on that. I also agree that players should train till teatime.  Otherwise, why class them as full time professionals?

14 hours ago, TopCat said:

Don't let anyone kid you on. There's two reasons we are cut off at the bottom of the second tier.

Firstly, it's the current BOD's poor management of the football club and secondly it's Jack Ross.

Had the BOD made the correct appointment in October we would be sifting comfortably safe. They didn't, and as a result we are sitting comfortably bottom.

Jack doesn't know what he's doing and this won't surprise anyone. Why would a rookie know what he's doing? I'm sure he's a nice guy and he's trying his best, sadly for us all he doesn't know how to manage a full time football club.

Don't let the BOD and SMISA cloud your judgment. Don't let them 'animal farm' you and let you believe its all the fault of the old regime. It's not. The reason we are where we are is because of them.

Aside from that, I'm going to speculate based on nothing but my own intuition here. I think GS wanted McPherson. I think GS wanted Gus but read these forums and other forms of social medial and decided against it. I think he was too scared to take the plunge after what he read from the sizeable and vocal anti Gus brigade.

They have cut the nose off and spited our face, and we will most likely be relegated as a result.

So the old Board have no responsibility for our current plight?  It wasn't them who got rid of Lennon, appointed Craig, Teale, Murray and Rae?  It wasn't them who openly admitted they weren't going to invest in the Club? Must have imagined all that, then.

Also, I notice you also absolve the shower of sh*te who pull on the jerseys on a Saturday.  Whether or nor Ross is a good coach, ANY full time professional footballer should be able to pass, tackle and pick up the opposition players.

Nade was a real pest for our defence. A bull of a player who put himself about, but was cute enough not to attract too much attention from that clown Beaton.

Yes and our central pairing did relatively well. Yet, at corners, neither of them were picking Nade up. Absolute bloody basic at a corner should be to nullify the main threat and we didn't do that.

16 hours ago, Stoobs said:

St.Ricky....the grass must be so green, the sky so blue, the sun so yellow in your world. I genuinely would love to live in your world. No poverty, everyone happy, people dancing and holding hands. I think your over optimistic look at how our season might unfold is slightly unrealistic. I hope I am wrong.

I hope so too.

I ask for nothing other than 100% effort.

If that is not enough, then we will deserve to finish bottom.

But...why look at it as inevitable? 

It's not...not yet at least.

So...I will remain positive.

11 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I hope so too.

I ask for nothing other than 100% effort.

If that is not enough, then we will deserve to finish bottom.

But...why look at it as inevitable? 

It's not...not yet at least.

So...I will remain positive.

It's not inevitable but is, and has been for some time, highly likely.

17 hours ago, Stoobs said:

St.Ricky....the grass must be so green, the sky so blue, the sun so yellow in your world. I genuinely would love to live in your world. No poverty, everyone happy, people dancing and holding hands. I think your over optimistic look at how our season might unfold is slightly unrealistic. I hope I am wrong.

Nobody is stopping you. 

Personally I would hate to inhabit this negative doom and gloom world of yours.

We may well end up relegated but life goes on bud.

I think criticising those who choose not to see this as life or death is riduculous.

There is absolutely no constructive use in being as gloomy as you and TopCat but I am willing to be persuaded.

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Nobody is stopping you. 

I think criticising those who choose not to see this as life or death is ridiculous.

There is absolutely no constructive use in being as gloomy as you and TopCat but I am willing to be persuaded.

As is criticising people who see things differently? :hammer

Just because it's not your view doesn't make it "ridiculous" as you have no feelings about football, or anything else seemingly. :rolleyes:

Nobody is stopping you. 
I think criticising those who choose not to see this as life or death is riduculous.

I wouldn't say I am all doom and gloom. I am a realist. St.Ricky is the nicest guy I have never met and clearly a passionate fan, which we need but on the forum, it is my honest opinion that fans come across as showing positivity but don't really believe it themselves. Trust me, the first rampaging display I see under Ross, I will be the first one on this forum saying this is achievable but 2 league wins suggest otherwise. I will be cheering the team on, as always though.

Not a good performance in poor conditions and on a poor pitch, but better teams than us have took nothing there this season, Dundee United twice, and Falkirk, so a draw it is, we take it and move on, we have a few weeks now to gel before our biggest game in years against Ayr, our priority now, SURELY must be to find our best defensive formation and players and to stick with it for the rest of the season, weve been chopping and changing the defence week in week out all season, no wonder were leaking goals every game, a good defensive team play the same players every week in the same positions, so did moving Irvine to right back improve his performance not for me it didn't, the 2nd goal he should have won the ball [a defenders ball all day long] headed it clear, but he didn't he then fell on his arse played the lad onside, then defended like a big lassie, that's not good enough, he just disna do it for me am afraid, but your in charge Jack its your call,  so find your best defence and leave them to it, or were kissing this league bye bye

Guys. We are posting on the forum because we care and have an opinion...whatever that may be. I am passionate about the club I have followed since 1974 both home and away and through the high and low times. I choose to be positive and pragmatic at the same time. I back the manager, the team and the players but recognise that others prefer to criticise. Facts are that we were ahead twice in the game and didn't hold in to the lead. Summary seems to be that we are better up front and OK in midfield but not yet sorted at the back. Who to play where is up to the manager in charge. Players don't pick themelves. Mistakes up front might mean you don't win but mistakes at the back can mean that you lose. Nade was a handful and deserved his goal even if he could have been put under pressure.  There was culpability for the second goal but I have the feeling that Irvine knows that better than most. 

Edited by St.Ricky

26 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Not a good performance in poor conditions and on a poor pitch, but better teams than us have took nothing there this season, Dundee United twice, and Falkirk, so a draw it is, we take it and move on, we have a few weeks now to gel before our biggest game in years against Ayr, our priority now, SURELY must be to find our best defensive formation and players and to stick with it for the rest of the season, weve been chopping and changing the defence week in week out all season, no wonder were leaking goals every game, a good defensive team play the same players every week in the same positions, so did moving Irvine to right back improve his performance not for me it didn't, the 2nd goal he should have won the ball [a defenders ball all day long] headed it clear, but he didn't he then fell on his arse played the lad onside, then defended like a big lassie, that's not good enough, he just disna do it for me am afraid, but your in charge Jack its your call,  so find your best defence and leave them to it, or were kissing this league bye bye

I think the Raith game back in August was the time to shut up shop, concentrate on playing "no frills" football and hope for eighth place, Was there any money in the budget to get a decent (for this level) defensive midfielder before the August window closed, was it offered to Rae at the time? You'd have to imagine there was some spare money sloshing around otherwise how could the BoD afford to pay off the old management team and compensation for Ross.

I said back on P1 that we were past the "must win game" stage, well we're now approaching the miracle stage. We're chasing a moving target and Ayr & Dumbarton have shown through the course of the season that they're willing to fight to stay in this league and our deplorable form has given them something to fight for. I'm not giving up till it's arithmetically (thanks TH) impossible but eighth place is out of our reach and ninth looking remote.

Time for SMiSA to organize a Mariachi Band for the next home league game and play that tune,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:whistle

7 hours ago, Drew said:

I agree with you . We can still finish above Ayr Utd and win the play off . The sacking of Alex RAE should have been done after the last game of last season . When we started this season with him then to sack him after 6 games was complete incompetence and lack of knowledge how it works . If RAE had still been in charge we would have been 7 or 8 th place no way he'd have got us promoted but no way he'd have got us relegated . 

Gordon Scott must shoulder the blame for this decision . There are far too many errors being made in running The Club . This is no fault of The Manager .