Jacks Ross's team now.

ged62

I suppose there is a chance the team won't gel and things won't get any better, but I'm pretty pleased Ross has decided to take the risk. He could have hidden behind the shit squad, but instead he's cleared out and built his own team at the very first opportunity he could. I'm impressed to be honest, Ross has gone for it and knows there will be no excuses, and it's pretty obvious he isn't looking for any. If we stay up a fair few people on here are going to look very stupid as well.

9 hours ago, norman said:

I suppose there is a chance the team won't gel and things won't get any better, but I'm pretty pleased Ross has decided to take the risk. He could have hidden behind the shit squad, but instead he's cleared out and built his own team at the very first opportunity he could. I'm impressed to be honest, Ross has gone for it and knows there will be no excuses, and it's pretty obvious he isn't looking for any. If we stay up a fair few people on here are going to look very stupid as well.

To be fair, we don't need us staying up to show that..........................:whistle

Except for a couple of the duds that Rae re-signed, it is in effect Jack's team and, rightly so, he should be judged on his results , starting from today.

As Jack has stated, he knew what he was getting into, so he must believe that he can get these players to bed in quickly and start winning games, now that he's actually got us looking like a football team in the past few weeks. I'm afraid the any excuse about the team not gelling, isn't applicable in this case.

However, whether I'm right or wrong, I believe that Jack has the necessary managerial skills to pull us out of this mess, by the skin of our teeth.

However, it must start today, as we're fast running out of games.

9 hours ago, norman said:

If we stay up a fair few people on here are going to look very stupid as well.

Personally, I am willing, nay, delighted to accept this mantle if we are still a championship side at the start of the 2017-18 season.

Come on Jack's lads. Make it so!

Caught between a rock and a hard place.

There were plenty of people on here advocating minimal changes to a winning team.

I agreed with both Loy and Smith coming in.

However, given that we had a player in Stellios who is left footed and has played at left back, surely it made sense to move Irvine to RB and put Stellios there. A major factor in us losing today IMO.

A CH that doesn't get injured every second game would be a prudent signing.

4 hours ago, TopCat said:

Teams like Ayr and Dumbarton can only dream of signings like we've had in this window.

Well yeah! Especially Dumbarton who could only field 4 subs today. Worse still Dumbarton's victory just puts them pretty much out of our reach, although with 2 H2H games left I'm trying to be optimistic. Given our position going into the window it was imperative to our chances of survival to get our business done quickly, well QotS did and are now safe but despite doing a significant amount of business in numerical terms we're 3 days away from the window shutting, with a team that's "still to gel", doesn't have two fit & competent CH's or a LB that JR trusts ahead of Irvine. Hope springs eternal but I'm now putting our survival into the Chuck Bronson, James Coburn & John Leyton category!

Edited by Bud the Baker

Caught between a rock and a hard place.
There were plenty of people on here advocating minimal changes to a winning team.
I agreed with both Loy and Smith coming in.
However, given that we had a player in Stellios who is left footed and has played at left back, surely it made sense to move Irvine to RB and put Stellios there. A major factor in us losing today IMO.
A CH that doesn't get injured every second game would be a prudent signing.

Irvine should be know where near left back. It is not just his defending that is shocking. I sound like a broken record, but he upsets the pattern of our play. When he receives the ball on half way line, he does not have ability to drive forward on left and subsequently goes backwards and must have hit about 5 backpasses to The Fish. Best case scenario is, he shuttles it into midfield. I am incredibly frustrated as a left back of some repute myself. I once marked Emilio Butragueno out the game at Madrid's training ground (Valdebebas) in a match. I kid you not.

What strikes me now is even on this forum you will struggle to find two fans who agree what our line up, formation and tactics should be. Ross has used/tried every player he could get on the pitch, swapped out almost a team, and still cant make us competitive. No wonder the players dont seem to know what to do, where to play etc...

7 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

What strikes me now is even on this forum you will struggle to find two fans who agree what our line up, formation and tactics should be. Ross has used/tried every player he could get on the pitch, swapped out almost a team, and still cant make us competitive. No wonder the players dont seem to know what to do, where to play etc...

To be fair we've just signed 8 players and without throwing in all 8 in one go there's bound to be changes. Please sign a centre half before Tuesday night, Webster is a liability.

With the greatest, and I am trying to be as realistic and supportive as possible, but surely with these boys actually having more than a day or 2 to gel, we will kick on....

My nagging doubt is that we are falling way behind sons and for Gods sake Bonnyrigg beat them.

We have 2 PT teams above us we have a game on Sons and a 6 pointer s best case we would be 5 points back from 8th and right on Ayrs heals playing them

But also lets face it, we are 2 games away from relegation ............................ tense or what!!!!!!!