Home Page Closed Down

div

Just a note to say that I've decided to close down the "other" part of the website. The editorial "home page".

With the club now having a much better website there is really no need for me to run what is in essence a duplication of that content. It's just become a pain in the arse to maintain and it's something I don't really have time for these days.

So, if you visit www.blackandwhitearmy.com now you'll be directed straight to the forums instead.

You can still access the Prediction League from the menu at the top of the forum.

The forum of course will continue forever. Or until I die, whichever comes first :P

Div,
There appears to be a situation now where there's a good forum here with no need for the other bits, and a new website with a forum dying on its arse. Ever thought of combining the two remaining good bits to make one entity?

Doubt there's any chance of that as needs to be heavily moderated as club responsible for content on it I believe.

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 6:40 PM, whydowebother said:

Hopefully in future anyone wanting to at least enquire can be correctly directed & advised at the first time of asking.

You can't run a business like we have been doing & expect growth.

Clear lines of communication and a link with phone number / email on the relevant section of the official website with each persons roles within the club.

I haven't looked at the official site for over 10 years and won't again , no point or need when you find out Saints news here first ( more often than not )

It was worrying to me that so many people had so many different options for you , that just highlighted it's not clear to anyone.

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 7:40 PM, stlucifer said:

Even if it was the case that news was on here first I doubt that will continue given the revamp of the "fissial site" and the person/people involved in the upgrade.

ETA Told you so.

Edited by stlucifer

3 hours ago, div said:

Just a note to say that I've decided to close down the "other" part of the website. The editorial "home page".

With the club now having a much better website there is really no need for me to run what is in essence a duplication of that content. It's just become a pain in the arse to maintain and it's something I don't really have time for these days.

So, if you visit www.blackandwhitearmy.com now you'll be directed straight to the forums instead.

You can still access the Prediction League from the menu at the top of the forum.

The forum of course will continue forever. Or until I die, whichever comes first :P

Oooh Div becomes the first name on my dead pool 2018 possible list. These are the wee snippets you need to note.

4 hours ago, Dave The Buddie said:

This is the start and sign of things to come with us about to take the plunge into Scottish football's third tier. Everything associated with the club being streamlined and cut back.

Sad times

emoji476.png

Black and White Army is not an official outlet of SMFC so yet more misplaced doom.

On 1/27/2017 at 3:38 PM, div said:

Good for you Div.  The forum here is a joy (especially now you have created the sin bin and protected me from various pests) and I certianly only use the forum.  Anyway thank you again for your hard work David.  

Incidentally does another human being have the magic passwords to allow them to take over the forum if need be?  I say this because I would hate for a tragic accident or horrible illness to result in me not getting to use this here forum.  In fact the only way I would know that some tragic event had occurred in your life would be by someone announcing the horrible news on this here forum.  Obviously I hope sincerely that no such event ever occurs but........ I like the forum!

21 hours ago, Dave The Buddie said:

This is the start and sign of things to come with us about to take the plunge into Scottish football's third tier. Everything associated with the club being streamlined and cut back.

Sad times

emoji476.png

Here is the link to the Fans' Forum on the OS.    http://www.saintmirren.net/forum/

BWA is not an official forum - just one of several social media outlets for fans.

I've actually brought the homepage back, but it's now just an automated page that looks for videos from the club official account, and a social mashup from twitter of a few selected Saints feeds,  and a few links. No articles, league tables or anything for me to have to update myself in other words B)