Hospitality at TNS Game

div

Wee bit away this but the club are doing a Sunday Carvery in the Hospitality suite for the TNS semi final on Sunday 19th Feb.

If you are a season ticket holder (ST's aren't valid for the game) you can get all inclusive drinks, two course carvery and a match ticket for £60+vat

Non-season ticket holders are £70 for the same package.

If you prefer to pay for drinks as you go then it's £40 for ST Holders and £50 for non ST Holders.

Kids are £25.

Not a bad deal IMO.

Can book online here;

https://www.stmirren.com/estore#!/Match-Hospitality-v-The-New-Saints-19-02-2017/p/78828111/category=21292039

1 hour ago, div said:

Wee bit away this but the club are doing a Sunday Carvery in the Hospitality suite for the TNS semi final on Sunday 19th Feb.

If you are a season ticket holder (ST's aren't valid for the game) you can get all inclusive drinks, two course carvery and a match ticket for £60+vat

Non-season ticket holders are £70 for the same package.

If you prefer to pay for drinks as you go then it's £40 for ST Holders and £50 for non ST Holders.

Kids are £25.

Not a bad deal IMO.

Can book online here;

https://www.stmirren.com/estore#!/Match-Hospitality-v-The-New-Saints-19-02-2017/p/78828111/category=21292039

£50 for an adult and £25 for a kids carvery.... i bet those boys down at the Brewers Fayre are rubbin their hauns?

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

£50 for an adult and £25 for a kids carvery.... i bet those boys down at the Brewers Fayre are rubbin their hauns?

Price also includes a match ticket, half time pies and tea and a programme as well as the two course carvery.

It's not like you to be incredibly negative though.

13 minutes ago, div said:

Price also includes a match ticket, half time pies and tea and a programme as well as the two course carvery.

There are also the aspects to hospitality that you can't put a hard, fast price on. It isn't as simple as saying a two-course carvery in Campbell's gaff' is X, compared to it being Y in a Brewer's Fayre. For the majority who go it is a treat, a whole day out, and there's the social aspect of it. Sitting down nice and comfy with your seat a mere step away. Talking to the folk at your table, watching some of the Sky game on the big TVs, nice and handy for warm comfy lavvies - none of this piling into the grey West Bank breezeblock... and of course, once more being warm and cosy at halftime, waving across to your mate freezing his nuts off on a cold plastic seat. Nice cup of tea, lavvy break, pie, moan about Andy Webster. Full time and there's a drink waiting for you and the post-game presentations and prizes. Yes, you can break it down into monetary values of a can of coke or a beer versus what they cost elsewhere, but that really isn't what it comes down to. The times I've done it I've really enjoyed it for the whole experience being a treat from my normal matchday experience... plus, how can you put a price on the hard-on you get by being able to enter through the exclusive hospitality entrance. Phwoarr, nurse, the screens!

12 minutes ago, div said:

Sorry Bud , I think the club are missing a trick here. Strip out the Ticket,tea, pie programme & you are left with a charge of £40 (once you add the vat) for a Carvery lunch to watch a game that is live on TV and with an expected support so small they are only going to open two stands. :(

Far too expensive for what is on offer. I know what some will say , "if you think it's too dear... don't go !"  I fully understand that and I won't but I think the commercial team could have come up with something a bit better.

A chance to get the families along to watch the Saints but Maw , Paw & the weans having to fork out £150 + vat for a cold Sunday in Feb ??  

C'mon , Saints , we really should be doing better, and for once we can't blame the new regime , the people in charge have been doing this for a long time ..... perhaps too long ?

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Sorry Bud , I think the club are missing a trick here. Strip out the Ticket,tea, pie programme & you are left with a charge of £40 (once you add the vat) for a Carvery lunch to watch a game that is live on TV and with an expected support so small they are only going to open two stands. :(

Far too expensive for what is on offer. I know what some will say , "if you think it's too dear... don't go !"  I fully understand that and I won't but I think the commercial team could have come up with something a bit better.

A chance to get the families along to watch the Saints but Maw , Paw & the weans having to fork out £150 + vat for a cold Sunday in Feb ??  

C'mon , Saints , we really should be doing better, and for once we can't blame the new regime , the people in charge have been doing this for a long time ..... perhaps too long ?

Yeah fair comment bud. I don't think hospitality has ever really been aimed at the family market but that's not to say it shouldn't have been for this game.

Agree totally that we need some out the box thinking at times, and to me this is the ideal game given who we are playing, when it is, and the fact it's live on the telly.

I don't think it's a bad opportunity for some local companies to treat their clients to a wee day out though.

4 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

This!

F me.. i liked a CG post...

the decision to treat this game and our support as if we were still a premiership team shows how big a struggle survival will be next season if we cant get out of this. This insult price structure, marketing and lack of awareness shine a light on how poor we are now at generating revenue.

wait to you see how busy, profitable and well run the matchday hospitality for all fans is at East Fife. Free admission to their bars and a good selection of hot food for your budget. 

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

This!

F me.. i liked a CG post...

the decision to treat this game and our support as if we were still a premiership team shows how big a struggle survival will be next season if we cant get out of this. This insult price structure, marketing and lack of awareness shine a light on how poor we are now at generating revenue.

wait to you see how busy, profitable and well run the matchday hospitality for all fans is at East Fife. Free admission to their bars and a good selection of hot food for your budget. 

I've heard the East Fife arrangement is pretty good.

7 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

How does one know how profitable a place is when visiting? Do they give you a copy of their Profit and Loss with your pie?

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

I've heard the East Fife arrangement is pretty good.

They have a simple model that allows them to thrive within their means, and everyone, home or away is welcome. Probably something reflected in the NFL i dare say, that being if you have hundreds or thousands of people turning up at your facility every other week why wouldnt you seek to get them spending whatever side the support?

Just now, div said:

How does one know how profitable a place is when visiting? Do they give you a copy of their Profit and Loss with your pie?

Not like you to cave in so early.

our club have been , and still are piss poor at taking money that actually walks through the gates screaming "take me". If we drop another level, and they havent restructured to a model that works down there they could destroy the club as we know it.

the East Fife's, Annan's etc make profit on what they invest. We need some of that simple thinking for simple issues.

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

Not like you to cave in so early.

our club have been , and still are piss poor at taking money that actually walks through the gates screaming "take me". If we drop another level, and they havent restructured to a model that works down there they could destroy the club as we know it.

the East Fife's, Annan's etc make profit on what they invest. We need some of that simple thinking for simple issues.

Don't disagree that we need to change as a club and be more innovative when selling all of our services.

If we drop to League 1 and we're there for any more than a season though, we will have a lot more to worry about that where folk can buy a pint.

15 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

They have a simple model that allows them to thrive within their means, and everyone, home or away is welcome. Probably something reflected in the NFL i dare say, that being if you have hundreds or thousands of people turning up at your facility every other week why wouldnt you seek to get them spending whatever side the support?

Certainly, the NFL games I've been to in the USA have seen the bars and restaurants within the stadium cater for both home and away fans, but away fans come in small family groups dotted around the place and it is one big mix - that isn't ALWAYS sweetness and light. Not when the Oakland Raiders are playing an AFC West rival anyway. I never saw any issues at all at the Broncos v Patriots and Redskins v Cowboys games I went to over there. There were many visiting fans in colours too. I love that aspect to it.

It isn't a fair comparison to what goes on at a small to middling Scottish second tier 'soccer' club though. I don't think what St Mirren offer is a bad deal though, in broad brush stroke terms. The perceived value on offer in 'Campbell's Gaff' will of course vary from person to person. What one person deems to be good and fair, another might rate over-priced and not worth it.

Edited by pozbaird

16 minutes ago, div said:

Don't disagree that we need to change as a club and be more innovative when selling all of our services.

If we drop to League 1 and we're there for any more than a season though, we will have a lot more to worry about that where folk can buy a pint.

If we drop to league one, with average attendance  down there 400-500, we will need to winkle out every penny possible from pints, pies, kit sales, local sponsors, raffles, draws, scratchcards, quiz nights, pub nights, dinner dances etc, etc.... 

the parachute money, and big sponsorship deals have gone, as has decent telly share.  We will need a new model to survive, ST sales will drop, 1877 subscriptions will drop, probably smisa membership will drop off too. So a game like this fizzy pop cup semi is a great opportunity to start trying to do it differently. I would charge, or deduct if already purchased the match ticket fee and invite all and sundry to a £12.50 a head (weans £5) eat what you want carvery, and try and fill the place.

people remember, even when the result may not have been good how much they enjoyed themselves. 

I don't share the Armageddon theory that our attendances would drop to a few hundred in league 1.

We are down to the absolute hardcore in the support already.

If we do the unthinkable and drop to league 1 then sure season tickets will drop but if the team does what it should do and romps the division then I'd expect gates later on in the season to be pretty decent.

Fans like watching a winning team.

The loss of any sort of away support would be a blow but I don't see why sponsors would necessarily disappear. The coverage of the Championship isn't much greater than League 1.

It would be a disaster if we are relegated and very embarrassing but we would survive.

1 minute ago, div said:

If we do the unthinkable and drop to league 1 then sure season tickets will drop but if the team does what it should do and romps the division 

Willing to bet you £20 for Mavis' charity that if we go down, the last thing we'll do is romp to anything.

30 minutes ago, div said:

I don't share the Armageddon theory that our attendances would drop to a few hundred in league 1.

We are down to the absolute hardcore in the support already.

If we do the unthinkable and drop to league 1 then sure season tickets will drop but if the team does what it should do and romps the division then I'd expect gates later on in the season to be pretty decent.

Fans like watching a winning team.

The loss of any sort of away support would be a blow but I don't see why sponsors would necessarily disappear. The coverage of the Championship isn't much greater than League 1.

It would be a disaster if we are relegated and very embarrassing but we would survive.

400-500 is the average attendance in league one, obviously some teams pull a greater or lesser than home support, but there is next tae cack all away support. I do not think we are near the absolute hardcore support yet, lets hope we can avoid either view being tested.

Willing to bet you £20 for Mavis' charity that if we go down, the last thing we'll do is romp to anything.

I'd rather not discuss going down until it's arithmetically impossible to survive in the Championship. My therapist says I'm not allowed.

There are also the aspects to hospitality that you can't put a hard, fast price on. It isn't as simple as saying a two-course carvery in Campbell's gaff' is X, compared to it being Y in a Brewer's Fayre. For the majority who go it is a treat, a whole day out, and there's the social aspect of it. Sitting down nice and comfy with your seat a mere step away. Talking to the folk at your table, watching some of the Sky game on the big TVs, nice and handy for warm comfy lavvies - none of this piling into the grey West Bank breezeblock... and of course, once more being warm and cosy at halftime, waving across to your mate freezing his nuts off on a cold plastic seat. Nice cup of tea, lavvy break, pie, moan about Andy Webster. Full time and there's a drink waiting for you and the post-game presentations and prizes. Yes, you can break it down into monetary values of a can of coke or a beer versus what they cost elsewhere, but that really isn't what it comes down to. The times I've done it I've really enjoyed it for the whole experience being a treat from my normal matchday experience... plus, how can you put a price on the hard-on you get by being able to enter through the exclusive hospitality entrance. Phwoarr, nurse, the screens!

Totally agree. To do it every other week, too expensive but as a once or twice a season gig, well worth it. Last time I went, I won 200 pound in raffle (should have been 300 pound but wasn't fully attended) so I would say that.