Harry Davis

Drew

My auld man quit, through differences with the Captain, as pipe major of a BB company.

i was a pretty shite piper.... :(

i left them soon after.

i joined another Bb company. - they had a bugle band. :(

i became Big Drummer in that.

i also played for their fitba team.  We won the league.  Then a cup, league again and again.

not down to me, of course, but I hope  our new player has a similar lift/benefit. :)

1 minute ago, billyg said:

He's been on strike since his dad ,Steve , was sacked a manager. Club captain. Possibly a great signing and the one we've been waiting on.

Ah, I was wondering why he had started every game and then dropped totally from the squad for the last 3. I've a good feeling about this one.

7 minutes ago, munoz said:

All in all a very eventful transfer window . Now all we need are some wines. Easy .

welcome aboard Harry .

FIFY.

btw me and mah wummin had two bottles of fizz, Ce soir.    Hoping for confirmation of the smith Davis signing....

then I had a couple of fosters to celebrate the right name!     :P

Edited by antrin
Fizzy typos...

47 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Never heard of him.

Only partly related, but I was reading the gossip column in the Guardian the other day as the transfer window drew shut, and I hadn't heard of the majority of the players going for massive money to clubs across Europe. I wonder if it's an age thing. 10/20 years ago I felt like I had a a vast knowledge of who all the big/up-and-coming players were across the continent. I also don't play computer games any more so maybe that's dented it slightly.

Wee interview from the OS. Decided to copy and paste as a link may change the content :)

Harry Davis admits he's not familiar with Scottish football. 

But the central defender says he is relishing his opportunity at St Mirren.

The 25 year-old joined the Buddies on loan until the end of the season in a deal that just beat the transfer window deadline on Tuesday night. 

And after speaking to players he knows that are plying their trade in Scotland, Harry can't wait to be a part of it all.

I'm delving into the unknown a little bit," he confessed. "I don't know a lot about Scottish football, but I wanted to come here. It's a great experience for me and a new chapter in my career. 

"I spoke to Abdul Osman who is at Partick Thistle and he only had good things to say. I know Luke Hendrie at Kilmarnock as well and they only had good things to say about Scottish football and I'm excited.

"I'm delighted to be here. I'm still getting used to the lads names, but I enjoyed my first training session and it's good to be here."

The big defender has made over 200 appearances for parent club Crewe Alexandra and believes his experience of relegation battles with the Railwaymen will stand him in good stead in his time at the Saints.

I've been in this situation with Crewe so I know what it's all about down at the bottom," he said. "I want to try and help out. I'm out of contract in the summer so I've not just come here to get games. I've come here to help out and do my best for the football club. 

"The aim is to play as many games as I can and do well. I want to be a success here and I just can't wait to get going. 

"I've always known St Mirren to be a big club so hopefully we can get ourselves out of this situation that we're in."

When asked what Saints fans can expect to see from him, Harry said: "My strongest point is my reading of the game. I've played a lot of games so hopefully I should have a good bit of experience. You'll just have to find out when you see me play."