Ayr United V St Mirren SPFL Championship 25/2/17

supras

9 hours ago, munoz said:

Staying up .

image.jpeg

You do know that McQueen doen;t make it over the last fence and gets caught, even though every time I see the film I still think he wilol make the jump.

A little quiz question, does anyone know the name of the famous actor who played the German chasing McQueen in the motorbike chase ?

20 minutes ago, bud77 said:

You do know that McQueen doen;t make it over the last fence and gets caught, even though every time I see the film I still think he wilol make the jump.

A little quiz question, does anyone know the name of the famous actor who played the German chasing McQueen in the motorbike chase ?

Go chase yerself....

Big well done to all the fans that travelled down yesterday - atmosphere was brilliant and it was clear that as Jack Ross said the players fed off it. Best away day for a long time .......... hopefully we can continue the good run on Wednesday COYS !

Think some of us are getting a wee bit carried away just like we did after beating Dundee, only to get our arse felt by Falkirk in the next game. We are still in deep shit and as great the performance and result was yesterday there is still a long way to go. We need to do what other teams in the bottom half of the league can do, and that is take points off of Hibs.

A fantastic performance and a great result.

As Renfrew says, we need to keep our feet on the ground. This just keeps us in the hunt. If results go for us this week I will start to believe we can really pull off that great escape. The support on Wednesday will be important. Turn up the volume and drown out what is bound to be a large green contingent from the east.

1 hour ago, bud77 said:

Clint eastwood

Good performance, great result, stunning traveling support. It gives us a chance, but we need to be more clinical and polished taking chances. On another day, despite our dominance we could have conceded in that first half and not have ended up winning. 

Most pleasing was keeping a clean sheet and closing goal difference gap. That might be very important if we can pick up more wins?

Had family stuff and a night out yesterday so only catching up on the news just now. Superb stuff!

Currently in negotiations with the wife to get the wee man along on Wednesday night (school night and 11pm arrival home). Next huge game.

Highlights make it look like it should have been an even bigger defeat for Ayr.

Hopefully this is the game we look back on at the end of the season and say "here is where the tide was turned" !

Magic!

1 hour ago, Dare said:

Big well done to all the fans that travelled down yesterday - atmosphere was brilliant and it was clear that as Jack Ross said the players fed off it. Best away day for a long time .......... hopefully we can continue the good run on Wednesday COYS !

Best atmosphere I can remember for a long time and the players responded magnificently.

The most important aspect of yesterday was 3 points - that was what mattered and everything else was incidental. Welll we got the 3 points but the manner in which we played is the source of sudden positivity, joy and hope. There was fight and determination and no little skill on display. The back four looked assured and it is a long, long time since we have ever thought that. Coupled to the large and vociferous travelling support we now see the real possibility of staying up. It won't be easy and it will only happen if these ingredients can be maintained throughout the rest of the campaign which is a tall order. But for the first time we see a real chance.

And it was good to meet E=MC2 and Bearsden Buddie yesterday at Ayr.

PS: My £8 SMiSA donation was worth it for yesterday's game alone :)

Edited by Sonny

2 hours ago, antrin said:

Yup.  I know. :)

and my friend, Google, offered far too many more quite interesting snippets about the making of the fillum.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057115/trivia

Indeed , it is a great movie that I have loved since a kid and i also loved introducing my kids to it also . The music is a great score written by Berstein and the idea of a Great Escape has came to mean something to all Buddies. .

Sorry about the quality of this one but seeing Sutton make that run yesterday for the goal reminded me of how he got us out the clag before , 10 years ago. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime