Chairman's Update

Sonny

1 minute ago, northendsaint said:

Are they not the same person?

The contractor is currently on holiday but its one of the parts we are waiting on.Should be here anytime and wont take long to install.

He should nip along to the CD Tenerife stadium and get a few tips from them on USH.

Are they not the same person?
The contractor is currently on holiday but its one of the parts we are waiting on.Should be here anytime and wont take long to install.

I can confirm that I am definitely not Gordon Scott and nor am I in Tenerife.

I also have no idea what is happening with the USH.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

Chairman's Update

Drum hoped to be in place this Saturday...new kit and sponsor to be announced later this week...

Chairman's Update

"I had hoped that this update would come with the first piece of silverware of the new era sitting in the trophy cabinet but unfortunately it just wasn't to be.

Saturday’s game could have gone either way and although desperately disappointed in the result I think we can be justifiably proud of the performance of both our team and our support. We had allocated a specific area at Fir Park on Saturday as a singing section but as it turned out the entire St.Mirren support became one 5000 strong singing section.

I have said in the past that there were times during my involvement with the stadium construction when the hairs stood up on the back of your neck because you knew that what you were doing was something special. I felt that way on Saturday as the game drew to a close and the entire St.Mirren support willed the team on. It was actually very emotional and I feel that we are on the verge of convincing a lot of people who have drifted away from football that we have a team worthy of their support.

It goes without saying that the next two Saturday’s are massive for this club and we have tried to do everything possible to encourage our regular fans to continue giving us the support that they have all season and encourage others to join them.

We have reduced adult ticket prices in the family stand to £10 for the game against Ayr Utd and with that you can have 2 free under 12s tickets.  In addition to this we are again giving away free kids tickets to local groups.

For the Dumbarton game we are offering all season ticket holders the opportunity to bring a buddie for £10 and with that purchase they can have 2 free under 12s tickets.

For the last 3 home games of the season we will also be housing away fans in the north stand in anticipation of a good home support and hope that the West, South and Main Stands are full and making plenty of noise.

We are also working on a way to bring in the drum without it impacting on other people's enjoyment of the game. We expect to have this in place for Saturday’s game against Ayr Utd and for the rest of this season and beyond if it works out.

When asked in interviews at the start of the season what I would consider success I said that obviously I wanted to get promotion but that for me the most important thing was that I wanted to enjoy my football. We are never going to completely dominate teams for 90 mins but I think that you can see what Jack and James are trying to build and the style of football and passion we want to play with. I am enjoying my football and I am sure you can all relate to how hard that must be given the position we find ourselves in. The feedback I am getting from our support is that most of you feel the same way.

While results just now are the most important thing we continue to strive to improve things off the pitch and we will be making an announcement later this week confirming our new kit sponsor and supplier.

Never before has your role as the 12th man been more important and you can all see how the team reacts to that support.

Let's get behind the boys and make sure that we give it our all for the rest of the season."

Edited by Soctty

1 hour ago, Soctty said:

Chairman's Update

Drum hoped to be in place this Saturday...new kit and sponsor to be announced later this week...

Chairman's Update

"I had hoped that this update would come with the first piece of silverware of the new era sitting in the trophy cabinet but unfortunately it just wasn't to be.

Saturday’s game could have gone either way and although desperately disappointed in the result I think we can be justifiably proud of the performance of both our team and our support. We had allocated a specific area at Fir Park on Saturday as a singing section but as it turned out the entire St.Mirren support became one 5000 strong singing section.

I have said in the past that there were times during my involvement with the stadium construction when the hairs stood up on the back of your neck because you knew that what you were doing was something special. I felt that way on Saturday as the game drew to a close and the entire St.Mirren support willed the team on. It was actually very emotional and I feel that we are on the verge of convincing a lot of people who have drifted away from football that we have a team worthy of their support.

It goes without saying that the next two Saturday’s are massive for this club and we have tried to do everything possible to encourage our regular fans to continue giving us the support that they have all season and encourage others to join them.

We have reduced adult ticket prices in the family stand to £10 for the game against Ayr Utd and with that you can have 2 free under 12s tickets.  In addition to this we are again giving away free kids tickets to local groups.

For the Dumbarton game we are offering all season ticket holders the opportunity to bring a buddie for £10 and with that purchase they can have 2 free under 12s tickets.

For the last 3 home games of the season we will also be housing away fans in the north stand in anticipation of a good home support and hope that the West, South and Main Stands are full and making plenty of noise.

We are also working on a way to bring in the drum without it impacting on other people's enjoyment of the game. We expect to have this in place for Saturday’s game against Ayr Utd and for the rest of this season and beyond if it works out.

When asked in interviews at the start of the season what I would consider success I said that obviously I wanted to get promotion but that for me the most important thing was that I wanted to enjoy my football. We are never going to completely dominate teams for 90 mins but I think that you can see what Jack and James are trying to build and the style of football and passion we want to play with. I am enjoying my football and I am sure you can all relate to how hard that must be given the position we find ourselves in. The feedback I am getting from our support is that most of you feel the same way.

While results just now are the most important thing we continue to strive to improve things off the pitch and we will be making an announcement later this week confirming our new kit sponsor and supplier.

Never before has your role as the 12th man been more important and you can all see how the team reacts to that support.

Let's get behind the boys and make sure that we give it our all for the rest of the season."

Excellent update from the chairman.

Good to hear that he is impressed with what Jack Ross is trying to do and the style of football we are playing, he can clearly see the bigger picture.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Nice to see we're in with a shout of promotion. :lol:

Missed that one Bud, I read and re-read the statement and can't see where that was said. Now I know you're not a stupid man and I don't believe your eyesight has gone (even at your great age ! )  so I'll assume that comment was simply anti new regime mischief making. 

1/10 . Must try harder. : (