Chairman's Update

Sonny

Let me try to explain, all the statements from the chairman and our manager are great, but mean next to hee haw. Sure he was aiming for promotion but the fact we're now looking more like relegation candidates make his words look meaningless. It's the same with our weekly soundbites from the manager. People are ecstatic we are bottom of a shit league, possibly heading to an even lower level yet everything, atmosphere and a drum, are more important. Anyway, roll on Saturday, I'll not be there but praying we win.

25 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Let me try to explain, all the statements from the chairman and our manager are great, but mean next to hee haw. Sure he was aiming for promotion but the fact we're now looking more like relegation candidates make his words look meaningless. It's the same with our weekly soundbites from the manager. People are ecstatic we are bottom of a shit league, possibly heading to an even lower level yet everything, atmosphere and a drum, are more important. Anyway, roll on Saturday, I'll not be there but praying we win.

I'll wager a pretty hefty bet that No -one is ecstatic about our current predicament ( except TC & Elvis !! ) , most people are probably pretty damn nervous . Some fear the worst , some on the other hand follow with a blind faith which would do a cult proud . But I'm sure that the massive majority of right minded fans realise the mess we are in. But still retain hope we can climb to safety . Without that hope , we should all just pack up and go home. 

Ive not saw anyone saying that the Drum etc is more important but if it helps raise the spirits , encourage the players and give a more enjoyable matchday experience , especially to a younger audience who are the future of the club then what's the problem ? 

Not expecting you to be a "Happy clapper" but for Christ sake ,  do you have to be like Eeyore ?

30 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I'll wager a pretty hefty bet that No -one is ecstatic about our current predicament ( except TC & Elvis !! ) , most people are probably pretty damn nervous . Some fear the worst , some on the other hand follow with a blind faith which would do a cult proud . But I'm sure that the massive majority of right minded fans realise the mess we are in. But still retain hope we can climb to safety . Without that hope , we should all just pack up and go home. 

Ive not saw anyone saying that the Drum etc is more important but if it helps raise the spirits , encourage the players and give a more enjoyable matchday experience , especially to a younger audience who are the future of the club then what's the problem ? 

Not expecting you to be a "Happy clapper" but for Christ sake ,  do you have to be like Eeyore ?

Ok, the Pied Piper done something similar. Let's see. Realism is now frowned upon. Astounding, we have had managers, in a much harder league and position, who have been destroyed by the same support who are, and read most of the posts on here, giving the manager relentless support while we are flaunting with disaster. I'm afraid it's St Mirren football club I support and watching us slide, again, read the posts, happily into oblivion is hilarious.

I don't think anyone is ecstatic that we are bottom of the league.

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Ok, the Pied Piper done something similar. Let's see. Realism is now frowned upon. Astounding, we have had managers, in a much harder league and position, who have been destroyed by the same support who are, and read most of the posts on here, giving the manager relentless support while we are flaunting with disaster. I'm afraid it's St Mirren football club I support and watching us slide, again, read the posts, happily into oblivion is hilarious.

So would you care to point out who you believe is Ecstatic about our position ... which was what I asked, or for that matter anyone who thinks that the Drum is more important than our predicament ?

i posted my version of reality when I stated quite clearly that I believe the "massive majority of right minded fans realise the mess we are in"

im not some blind fool who believes the St.mirren world is currently great , I have stated and restated that position on numerous occasions, but you have made statements which you believe to be true and I disagree as I have reiterated above. So tell us , who are these ecstatic fans , I'd love to meet them .

No Saints fan is happy about our league position. I can only speak for myself but I feel positive about the future. Not pulling rank FS but there is a positivity about the fans I speak to at the games and that can only be a good thing. Let's get that drum up and running and support Saints. I think we'll stay up

2 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

So would you care to point out who you believe is Ecstatic about our position ... which was what I asked, or for that matter anyone who thinks that the Drum is more important than our predicament ?

i posted my version of reality when I stated quite clearly that I believe the "massive majority of right minded fans realise the mess we are in"

im not some blind fool who believes the St.mirren world is currently great , I have stated and restated that position on numerous occasions, but you have made statements which you believe to be true and I disagree as I have reiterated above. So tell us , who are these ecstatic fans , I'd love to meet them .

Nitpick away, you get the idea. No need to reiterate that JR has been given a " get out of jail" card by many, which, as you have avoided, is astounding. Our manager gas been in charge for 5/6 months and no "blame" initially because he inherited a shambles of a squad who beat a Hibs team and has guided us to a cup final only to be beaten by a piss poor United side and we can only hope we can beat some other shit teams to survive in a shit league. Nobody said you are a fool but I'm no fecking Eeore.

2 hours ago, gilberto said:

No Saints fan is happy about our league position. I can only speak for myself but I feel positive about the future. Not pulling rank FS but there is a positivity about the fans I speak to at the games and that can only be a good thing. Let's get that drum up and running and support Saints. I think we'll stay up

Good post, see things differently but no name calling, well done.

We're on a great run of form, ending the season strongly, a strong bond forming between the players, fans and manager, and even the chairman in harmony with the fans.

What should we do? I know - let's highlight the defeats, the poor performances, the struggles we had for most of the season. There is no place for optimism, positivity, enjoyment or camaraderie, or for looking to the future and striving for better.

Get that tae fu...

10 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Nitpick away, you get the idea. No need to reiterate that JR has been given a " get out of jail" card by many, which, as you have avoided, is astounding. Our manager gas been in charge for 5/6 months and no "blame" initially because he inherited a shambles of a squad who beat a Hibs team and has guided us to a cup final only to be beaten by a piss poor United side and we can only hope we can beat some other shit teams to survive in a shit league. Nobody said you are a fool but I'm no fecking Eeore.

I think it's only fair and reasonable to judge Jack (and James) on the performances since they were able to bring in their own players.

Since the January transfer window closed we've played 7 league games, winning 4, drawing 2 and losing 1.

That's 14 points from 7 games which eclipses the 13 points we took from the previous 22 league games.

If you can't see that as being a tangible improvement then you're beyond help mate.

6 minutes ago, div said:

I think it's only fair and reasonable to judge Jack (and James) on the performances since they were able to bring in their own players.

Since the January transfer window closed we've played 7 league games, winning 4, drawing 2 and losing 1.

That's 14 points from 7 games which eclipses the 13 points we took from the previous 22 league games.

If you can't see that as being a tangible improvement then you're beyond help mate.

I think it's fair to judge since they were appointed. I'm sure the chairman, who's target was promotion, would have hoped for an initial improvement with the actual, and I'm not denying there has been since late January, improvement. Since we're still bottom of the league I'm sure, privately, the chairman os somewhat disappointed overall. Just my view. I'll get to the doctor and see if he thinks I'm beyond help. :(

9 minutes ago, div said:

They should be judged not just on what happens since the January window. They should be judged on what happened from the very day they took over. Leicester were shite, they pump Ranieri, and under Shakespeare they are back to last season's best - overnight. No need for Shakespeare to scuttle their squad and bring in his own players. For whatever reason, new manager bounce, or even just bagging the old manager worked wonders for them. We continued to struggle, big time. Looking better now as you say, so fingers X.

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I think it's fair to judge since they were appointed. I'm sure the chairman, who's target was promotion, would have hoped for an initial improvement with the actual, and I'm not denying there has been since late January, improvement. Since we're still bottom of the league I'm sure, privately, the chairman os somewhat disappointed overall. Just my view. I'll get to the doctor and see if he thinks I'm beyond help. :(

The doctor might not write you off. Maybe he's noticed a big improvement since late January.

:withstupid

Edited by East Lothian Saint

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You couldn't be further from the truth in thinking that.

I respect your opinion but I'm also thankful that the majority of the supporters are right behind the team and the manager and can see and FEEL for themselves the difference.

Jack Ross will bring the good times back to this club and will go on to much bigger and greater things in his career. I have no doubt about it at all.

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

They should be judged not just on what happens since the January window. They should be judged on what happened from the very day they took over. Leicester were shite, they pump Ranieri, and under Shakespeare they are back to last season's best - overnight. No need for Shakespeare to scuttle their squad and bring in his own players. For whatever reason, new manager bounce, or even just bagging the old manager worked wonders for them. We continued to struggle, big time. Looking better now as you say, so fingers X.

Not really sure how you can compare those situations mate.

Leicester City were English Champions last season. The core of that same team is still there. Why they were under-performing under Ranieri is unknown but undeniable that they had a lot of quality there for the new manager to work with.

Alex Rae left behind a squad that should have done better than it did even under Ross, but why didn't it perform? Why did the new manager choose to churn a total of 20 players in January? Clear that some players simply didn't buy into what he was trying to do, either couldn't or wouldn't.

The likes of Hutton, Shankland, Hardie, Quinn, Webster, Gallagher, Gallacher. All no use and, perhaps Hardie aside, none have gone on to do any better elsewhere since they left. Quinn is still at the club but can't even get on the bench now.

Something was rotten at the club, and whatever it was, Jack moved to cut it out. You can feel the difference around the whole club every single week and the manager is a huge part of that.

20 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

There has been a terrible run of form on the park at the club since after the cup final in 2013. Leicesters form dipped over half a season.  We look like we are finally getting the good feel factor back and the change of personel on the park has worked wonders. 

10 minutes ago, div said:

Not really sure how you can compare those situations mate.

Leicester City were English Champions last season. The core of that same team is still there. Why they were under-performing under Ranieri is unknown but undeniable that they had a lot of quality there for the new manager to work with.

Alex Rae left behind a squad that should have done better than it did even under Ross, but why didn't it perform? Why did the new manager choose to churn a total of 20 players in January? Clear that some players simply didn't buy into what he was trying to do, either couldn't or wouldn't.

The likes of Hutton, Shankland, Hardie, Quinn, Webster, Gallagher, Gallacher. All no use and, perhaps Hardie aside, none have gone on to do any better elsewhere since they left. Quinn is still at the club but can't even get on the bench now.

Something was rotten at the club, and whatever it was, Jack moved to cut it out. You can feel the difference around the whole club every single week and the manager is a huge part of that.

You're wrong mate. Jack Ross didn't immediately wave a magic wand. He didn't make a miraculous difference from the off. His methods didn't transform diddies into world beaters overnight, therefore his whole season is a writeoff despite his revamping the squad and turning it into a team capable of beating anyone in the league, and on the brink of pulling of an incredible escape having been bottom of the league for nearly 7 months of the season...

:whistle

7 minutes ago, Kendo said:

Anyone that goes regularly to games can see the transformation in the team, the attitude, the work ethic and the bond between the fans the team and the manager. 

Correct. Results are clear, but the team spirit has been fantastic, and there is a connection between the players and fans for the first time in a long time.

28 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

They should be judged on what happened from the very day they took over.

Leicester were shite

St Mirren were shite under Alec Rae. The players weren't playing for him. St Mirren were shite when Jack Ross took over. The players weren't playing for him. JR cleaned out the players who couldn't play for him and replaced them. St Mirren are no longer shite. We are still bottom but the players are showing signs of fight and are part  of The JR improvement scheme. Will it be enough to keep us up. I hope so but it's football. Magic wands are for Harry Potter movies. We need a man with a plan and a message players who want to play will listen too.   

:withstupid

To me JR Looks like that man.