Chairman's Update

Sonny

14 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

FS clearly does, he has stated so.

If you hang about he is just about to name them . ( might be easier for him if he simply refers to the two on my list !!)

Listen shit for brains I am as much  a SAINT MIRREN FAN as you or anybody else on here .If you think I relish the position we find ourselves in you are very sadly  mistaken but you sow what you reap and the last umpteen years has caught up with us there is no doubt in my mind we are playing much much better than we were is it too late time will tell but i hope to god we can get out of this mess.

16 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Let me try to explain, all the statements from the chairman and our manager are great, but mean next to hee haw. Sure he was aiming for promotion but the fact we're now looking more like relegation candidates make his words look meaningless. It's the same with our weekly soundbites from the manager. People are ecstatic we are bottom of a shit league, possibly heading to an even lower level yet everything, atmosphere and a drum, are more important. Anyway, roll on Saturday, I'll not be there but praying we win.

Yawn

15 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Ok, the Pied Piper done something similar. Let's see. Realism is now frowned upon. Astounding, we have had managers, in a much harder league and position, who have been destroyed by the same support who are, and read most of the posts on here, giving the manager relentless support while we are flaunting with disaster. I'm afraid it's St Mirren football club I support and watching us slide, again, read the posts, happily into oblivion is hilarious.

The logical fallacy in your post is that you have confused negativity with realism.

Again.

3 hours ago, Soctty said:

We're on a great run of form, ending the season strongly, a strong bond forming between the players, fans and manager, and even the chairman in harmony with the fans.

What should we do? I know - let's highlight the defeats, the poor performances, the struggles we had for most of the season. There is no place for optimism, positivity, enjoyment or camaraderie, or for looking to the future and striving for better.

Get that tae fu...

Oh and top it all of by saying that even if we survive we are not allowed to enjoy ourselves because its been the worst season since ........

FFS its enough to make me very grateful I dont have to live or work near any of these guys. They remind me of the Dementors from Azhak....Akzha...Harry Potter. Suck the life put of everything. Brrrrrrr.

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, div said:

Not really sure how you can compare those situations mate.

Leicester City were English Champions last season. The core of that same team is still there. Why they were under-performing under Ranieri is unknown but undeniable that they had a lot of quality there for the new manager to work with.

Alex Rae left behind a squad that should have done better than it did even under Ross, but why didn't it perform? Why did the new manager choose to churn a total of 20 players in January? Clear that some players simply didn't buy into what he was trying to do, either couldn't or wouldn't.

The likes of Hutton, Shankland, Hardie, Quinn, Webster, Gallagher, Gallacher. All no use and, perhaps Hardie aside, none have gone on to do any better elsewhere since they left. Quinn is still at the club but can't even get on the bench now.

Something was rotten at the club, and whatever it was, Jack moved to cut it out. You can feel the difference around the whole club every single week and the manager is a huge part of that.

I can compare the situations as both clubs bagged managers, and simply put, in my view, Ranieri should be judged on everything- title win and subsequent slide. Jack Ross, when history judges, should judge his entire tenure, from day one. Take into account the whole picture, both prior to January, post-January, and whatever may be to come.

16 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Let me try to explain, all the statements from the chairman and our manager are great, but mean next to hee haw. Sure he was aiming for promotion but the fact we're now looking more like relegation candidates make his words look meaningless. It's the same with our weekly soundbites from the manager. People are ecstatic we are bottom of a shit league, possibly heading to an even lower level yet everything, atmosphere and a drum, are more important. Anyway, roll on Saturday, I'll not be there but praying we win.

15 hours ago, Hambud said:

I don't think anyone is ecstatic that we are bottom of the league.

15 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

FS clearly does, he has stated so.

If you hang about he is just about to name them . ( might be easier for him if he simply refers to the two on my list !!)

58 minutes ago, elvis said:

Listen shit for brains I am as much  a SAINT MIRREN FAN as you or anybody else on here .If you think I relish the position we find ourselves in you are very sadly  mistaken but you sow what you reap and the last umpteen years has caught up with us there is no doubt in my mind we are playing much much better than we were is it too late time will tell but i hope to god we can get out of this mess.

I'm perplexed...

Why is "elvis" getting riled and answering for faraway saint?

Unless, of course, they are the same punter?

I mean it's not as if both have very little positive to say about St Mirren and it's not as if both are usually not at games...  :unsure:

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

They should be judged not just on what happens since the January window. They should be judged on what happened from the very day they took over. Leicester were shite, they pump Ranieri, and under Shakespeare they are back to last season's best - overnight. No need for Shakespeare to scuttle their squad and bring in his own players. For whatever reason, new manager bounce, or even just bagging the old manager worked wonders for them. We continued to struggle, big time. Looking better now as you say, so fingers X.

If JR had inherited a team which had won things together and then gone downhill you would have had a point.

AR hired almost an entire squad who turned out to be duffers and then couldnt get performances from them.

JR had to go in and turn things around. He couldnt get anything out of the same players and so he turned around an entire team in the New Year, took us to a national Cup Final, a quarter final in another cup, gave us 2 wins over Hibs, 1 win over Dundee Utd, an away win at Dundee and had us in the lead at bloody Parkhead until aroind the hour mark. On top of that he has had us playing some fantastic football, brought fans, players, management and club owners together for the first time in years, we are scoring goals and winning most games recently too.

This is successful management and will not have gone unnoticed by other clubs. He ran out of time with Alloa last season and it will be tight for us this season but make no mistake, you are watching the next Fergie IMO. Just needs our board to keep with him even if we fall short this season.

8 minutes ago, antrin said:

I'm perplexed...

I mean it's not as if both have very little positive to say about St Mirren and it's not as if both are usually not at games...  :unsure:

FFS imagine posting under two usernames.

What a dick. :lol:

In fairness though antrin, you have more than one username too dont you?

I simply dont understand why people do this.

On ‎29‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 11:09 AM, Soctty said:

Chairman's Update

Drum hoped to be in place this Saturday...new kit and sponsor to be announced later this week...

Chairman's Update

"I had hoped that this update would come with the first piece of silverware of the new era sitting in the trophy cabinet but unfortunately it just wasn't to be.

Saturday’s game could have gone either way and although desperately disappointed in the result I think we can be justifiably proud of the performance of both our team and our support. We had allocated a specific area at Fir Park on Saturday as a singing section but as it turned out the entire St.Mirren support became one 5000 strong singing section.

I have said in the past that there were times during my involvement with the stadium construction when the hairs stood up on the back of your neck because you knew that what you were doing was something special. I felt that way on Saturday as the game drew to a close and the entire St.Mirren support willed the team on. It was actually very emotional and I feel that we are on the verge of convincing a lot of people who have drifted away from football that we have a team worthy of their support.

It goes without saying that the next two Saturday’s are massive for this club and we have tried to do everything possible to encourage our regular fans to continue giving us the support that they have all season and encourage others to join them.

We have reduced adult ticket prices in the family stand to £10 for the game against Ayr Utd and with that you can have 2 free under 12s tickets.  In addition to this we are again giving away free kids tickets to local groups.

For the Dumbarton game we are offering all season ticket holders the opportunity to bring a buddie for £10 and with that purchase they can have 2 free under 12s tickets.

For the last 3 home games of the season we will also be housing away fans in the north stand in anticipation of a good home support and hope that the West, South and Main Stands are full and making plenty of noise.

We are also working on a way to bring in the drum without it impacting on other people's enjoyment of the game. We expect to have this in place for Saturday’s game against Ayr Utd and for the rest of this season and beyond if it works out.

When asked in interviews at the start of the season what I would consider success I said that obviously I wanted to get promotion but that for me the most important thing was that I wanted to enjoy my football. We are never going to completely dominate teams for 90 mins but I think that you can see what Jack and James are trying to build and the style of football and passion we want to play with. I am enjoying my football and I am sure you can all relate to how hard that must be given the position we find ourselves in. The feedback I am getting from our support is that most of you feel the same way.

While results just now are the most important thing we continue to strive to improve things off the pitch and we will be making an announcement later this week confirming our new kit sponsor and supplier.

Never before has your role as the 12th man been more important and you can all see how the team reacts to that support.

Let's get behind the boys and make sure that we give it our all for the rest of the season."

Not everyone can afford or wish to be season ticket holders. Its still £20 a time to pay on the day whichever way you look at it. I have been reeled in recently by some very decent performances and intend being there on Saturday and next week but I still think the pricing is outrageous for bottom of the second division. Very disappointed that no concession has been given to try and encourage a good crowd, particularly for perhaps lapsed fans and others who might be tempted to attend but baulk at being fleeced.

1 minute ago, Froggie said:

Not everyone can afford or wish to be season ticket holders. Its still £20 a time to pay on the day whichever way you look at it. I have been reeled in recently by some very decent performances and intend being there on Saturday and next week but I still think the pricing is outrageous for bottom of the second division. Very disappointed that no concession has been given to try and encourage a good crowd, particularly for perhaps lapsed fans and others who might be tempted to attend but baulk at being fleeced.

£10 tickets for the family stand with 2 free kid tickets.

Understand that you might not want to pay the £20, or might not be able to afford it, but the club can't afford to lower the prices on the off chance that more fans come as a result. Attendances go up when the team does well, and lowering the price won't convince someone to come and see a team that isn't performing.

13 minutes ago, Soctty said:

£10 tickets for the family stand with 2 free kid tickets.

Understand that you might not want to pay the £20, or might not be able to afford it, but the club can't afford to lower the prices on the off chance that more fans come as a result. Attendances go up when the team does well, and lowering the price won't convince someone to come and see a team that isn't performing.

That may be your opinion about the club being unable to lower the prices, its not mine. I will be forking out the £40 over the next week or so and I can afford it, but that's not the point. Its hugely overpriced for the level of football. I will never be convinced otherwise. The offer of £10 tickets for people with children is fine, but no use to me or others without young children.

2 minutes ago, Froggie said:

That may be your opinion about the club being unable to lower the prices, its not mine. I will be forking out the £40 over the next week or so and I can afford it, but that's not the point. Its hugely overpriced for the level of football. I will never be convinced otherwise. The offer of £10 tickets for people with children is fine, but no use to me or others without young children.

You could still get a £10 ticket and use it without taking any kids.

1 minute ago, Froggie said:

It's an opinion backed up by the fact that we are don't run strictly for a profit - everything is put back into the club. Any loss of income affects the team. As long as enough people go along at £20 a ticket, the club will keep them at that level. My first concern is for the club and their welfare. If they reduce the prices, they reduce income, which has a knock off effect on the quality of the team on the pitch, giving us less of a budget for that.

2 hours ago, elvis said:

Oh , shit for Brains . That's a step up for me . As for being as much of a Saints fan as anyone else ? Good, I'm glad to hear it, perhaps you might want to try and show it now & again.

yours truly , 

Cranial Craphead. 

13 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Nitpick away, you get the idea. No need to reiterate that JR has been given a " get out of jail" card by many, which, as you have avoided, is astounding. Our manager gas been in charge for 5/6 months and no "blame" initially because he inherited a shambles of a squad who beat a Hibs team and has guided us to a cup final only to be beaten by a piss poor United side and we can only hope we can beat some other shit teams to survive in a shit league. Nobody said you are a fool but I'm no fecking Eeore.

You say Nitpick , I say rip apart two key points in your post. But hey , potato - potata

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

FFS imagine posting under two usernames.

What a dick. :lol:

In fairness though antrin, you have more than one username too dont you?

I simply dont understand why people do this.

In fairness though and the pursuit of truth, I abandoned two previous user names used, down the centuries.  I do not currently post under either of those names - none of them ever ran contiguously.

I doubt anyBuddie was unaware of who I am.  I haven't pretended to be one poster and posted as a different entity.

And every one of my user names has been positive about all things St Mirren.   Have never had any liking for another or bigger club, now dead or alive.

I wouldn't go on another clubs website to post depressing comments about that club, or clumpany.

1 hour ago, Soctty said:

It's an opinion backed up by the fact that we are don't run strictly for a profit - everything is put back into the club. Any loss of income affects the team. As long as enough people go along at £20 a ticket, the club will keep them at that level. My first concern is for the club and their welfare. If they reduce the prices, they reduce income, which has a knock off effect on the quality of the team on the pitch, giving us less of a budget for that.

Supply and demand, eh ! Did you notice the crowds up until we started turning things around ? Lucky if there were 2,000 in the ground - and that includes folk who had already paid just not turning up .It was £20 when we just missed relegation, then were relegated, nowhere last season and likely to be relegated again this season. Where was the quality of the team on the pitch you mention ?. Incidentally its not up to the fans to subsidise whatever budget the board decides.

You have your own opinion about prices, I have mine, we just disagree, that's fair enough.

Supply and demand, eh ! Did you notice the crowds up until we started turning things around ? Lucky if there were 2,000 in the ground - and that includes folk who had already paid just not turning up .It was £20 when we just missed relegation, then were relegated, nowhere last season and likely to be relegated again this season. Where was the quality of the team on the pitch you mention ?. Incidentally its not up to the fans to subsidise whatever budget the board decides.

You have your own opinion about prices, I have mine, we just disagree, that's fair enough.

So the team got relegated, is battling a second relegation, and your solution - for the club you support - is to reduce its income. Have less money for players. You think this will improve the team, it results.

As for "not up to the fans to subsidise the budget" - that's one of the most idiotic statements I've heard. Where do you think the budget comes from? Do you think the chairman pulls it out of his arse? The fans provide the budget, along with TV and sponsorship money.

You're allowed your opinion, but it's time you came back to the real world, rather than whatever alternate reality you currently reside.

They should be judged not just on what happens since the January window. They should be judged on what happened from the very day they took over. Leicester were shite, they pump Ranieri, and under Shakespeare they are back to last season's best - overnight. No need for Shakespeare to scuttle their squad and bring in his own players. For whatever reason, new manager bounce, or even just bagging the old manager worked wonders for them. We continued to struggle, big time. Looking better now as you say, so fingers X.

That point may stand up if anyone had been getting results with the squad we had pre window.

I'm perplexed...

I think he is angry that it was suggested him and TC were the only two people ecstatic with our league position. After FS said everybody was ecstatic with current league position.
He clearly isn't so that only leaves 1.

I think you can pay £10 and go in without a child no?

1 minute ago, Hambud said:

I think he is angry that it was suggested him and TC were the only two people ecstatic with our league position. After FS said everybody was ecstatic with current league position.
He clearly isn't so that only leaves 1.

Oh.

OK.

It's a simple, more boring explanation than my interpretation.

I honestly feel bad having been that cruel to elvis.

3 hours ago, Froggie said:

When have we ever been pulling sub 2,000 gates in the last 2 seasons aside from the odd cup tie?! In fact I can't even remember it being any less than about 2.5k.