Chairman's Update

Sonny

26 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Absolutely mind boggling way to describe one of the most talented and loyal players ever to wear the stripes. 

Each to their own though.

You actually believe a talented player is not capable of making statements that, to many seem outrageous or simply make the club look foolish? :lol

Aye each to their own.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

You actually believe a talented player is not capable of making statements that, to many seem outrageous or simply make the club look foolish? :lol

Aye each to their own.

What the hell are you on about?? I never commented on anything Tony has said. I was commenting on Renfrew describing him "just another player I used to watch".

You seriously are one argumentative fecker. :blink:

You even highlighted someone's grammatical error earlier by highlighting that they had typed "board" instead of "bored" whilst hilariously not noticing that they had also typed "your" instead of "you're". 

9 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

What the hell are you on about?? I never commented on anything Tony has said. I was commenting on Renfrew describing him "just another player I used to watch".

You even highlighted someone's grammatical error earlier by highlighting that they had typed "board" instead of "bored" whilst hilariously not noticing that they had also typed "your" instead of "you're". 

Aye? You really should read your post again, and to help you I've quoted it below.

4 hours ago, renfrew said:

That's fair enough but sometimes he should just listen to himself. For what it is worth, I don't hate or dislike him, just an other ex player that I used to watch.

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Absolutely mind boggling way to describe one of the most talented and loyal players ever to wear the stripes. 

Each to their own though.

You're really trying to squirm your way out of your post by implying you were commenting on renfrews post in relation to Tony being just another player when he was clearly pointing out Tony should try to think before he says something that is, in some peoples opinion, bonkers? :1eye

As for the other grammatical errors, why is it hilarious?

You need to get a grip. You tried some time ago to get all angry with me for no fecking reason other than you disagree with my views.

It's a forum, away and chill. :byebye

PS Is this because I pointed out your ludicrous suggestion is was good we got pumped on Tuesday? :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Aye? You really should read your post again, and to help you I've quoted it below.

You're really trying to squirm your way out of your post by implying you were commenting on renfrews post in relation to Tony being just another player when he was clearly pointing out Tony should try to think before he says something that is, in some peoples opinion, bonkers? :1eye

As for the other grammatical errors, why is it hilarious?

You need to get a grip. You tried some time ago to get all angry with me for no fecking reason other than you disagree with my views.

It's a forum, away and chill. :byebye

Are you now telling me that you know better than me what I was commenting on? You're funny.

I used the word "describe". The only thing in Renfrew's post that can be construed a description was the comment about him being just another player. It's obvious that's what I was referring to.

Why on earth would I care whether Renfrew likes or dislikes him and why would I try to deny the obvious fact that Tony often talks a lot of shite?

You're not a very clever chap are you?

14 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Naw, he fecking isnae

Just now, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Are you now telling me that you know better than me what I was commenting on? You're funny.

I used the word "describe". The only thing in Renfrew's post that can be construed a description was the comment about him being just another player. It's obvious that's what I was referring to.

Why on earth would I care whether Renfrew likes or dislikes him and why would I try to deny the obvious fact that Tony often talks a lot of shite?

You're not a very clever chap are you?

Beep beep beep..................reversing, watch out. :lol:

Another "forum member" who thinks he's brighter than other people.

Feck me, we're full of Mensa members.................:1eye

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Can I sum it up? Tony Fitzpatrick was a fantastic player for us and is St.Mirren through and through. However, sometimes he's overly positive and a tad optimistic. Still an asset to our club IMO.

Overall I'd agree.

His performances and achievements are indisputable.

I have doubts about his abilities in, what I see as a crucial position, but his reputation is important for us.

Maybe someone could check his statements before they are made public?

PS You're also brighter than me. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Can I sum it up? Tony Fitzpatrick was a fantastic player for us and is St.Mirren through and through. However, sometimes he's overly positive and a tad optimistic. Still an asset to our club IMO.

Yes you can sum it up and you have. I doubt anyone would disagree with a single word of your summation..........except Renfrew. He thinks he was just another player.

Yes you can sum it up and you have. I doubt anyone would disagree with a single word of your summation..........except Renfrew. He thinks he was just another player.

That's me telt [emoji15] I certainly do think he was a great player for us but at the end of the day, he was just an other player who played for us.

9 minutes ago, renfrew said:

That's me telt emoji15.png I certainly do think he was a great player for us but at the end of the day, he was just an other player who played for us.

That's more like it. :P

In that context yes he's just another player. In the same way that Kenny Dalglish was just another for Liverpool or Henrick Larsson was just another player for Celtic.

Out of curiosity do you regard any of our ex players as special?

There has been a number of open days at the club especially since we moved from love St without any restrictions. The first open day since fan ownership /SMISA got involved there are restrictions in place. Smacked of SMISA trying to justify their existence to say look what we did for the privileged

41 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Overall I'd agree.

His performances and achievements are indisputable.

I have doubts about his abilities in, what I see as a crucial position, but his reputation is important for us.

Maybe someone could check his statements before they are made public?

PS You're also brighter than me. :lol:

Oh for Christ sakes , you make it tooooo easy , they're gonna be queueing up now to add their names to a verrry long list !! :P:P

28 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Tony is a good ambassador for the club no doubt about that he is the man I would like to see employed as our PR man in other words our commercial manager a role he would succeed in greatly . So where does that leave the big chap in that roll. I'm sure the club could find Campbell Kennedy a roll to play at the club. Chief Executive ( must be ) ( should be ) someone with years of proven business skills plus personal skills. It's all right if you want to plod on and move slowly with the current set up. However if you want to see improvement in part of the back room staff changes ( should be made ) chief executive  needs the skills I wrote above. Scott you can still be loyal which i would like to see with St Mirren men but to move forward in a professional manner needs changes. 

That's more like it. [emoji14]
In that context yes he's just another player. In the same way that Kenny Dalglish was just another for Liverpool or Henrick Larsson was just another player for Celtic.
Out of curiosity do you regard any of our ex players as special?

FFS Special in what way ?

Don't worry mate. If you don't know what I mean by that then the answer to my question is no. You've already answered it.
:thumbs

My last say on this, my wife used to work for him and an other guy. Tony and his business partner fell out with each other and had a disagreement what the business was worth. Tony decided in his wisdom to bring a pal of his to the office to check out the books. It is fair to say the police were often looking into the affairs of his pal. He also told lies about my wife after he left the business so excused me for not kissing the ground that he walks on.

1 minute ago, renfrew said:

My last say on this, my wife used to work for him and an other guy. Tony and his business partner fell out with each other and had a disagreement what the business was worth. Tony decided in his wisdom to bring a pal of his to the office to check out the books. It is fair to say the police were often looking into the affairs of his pal. He also told lies about my wife after he left the business so excused me for not kissing the ground that he walks on.

That's fair enough mate and totally explains your feelings towards him.

However my views on this topic only related to how "special" he was as a player. I don't even know the man.

i think you knew that but were maybe being a wee bit obtuse given your personal feelings towards him.

Even though I think you know exactly what I meant by special :P I will explain.

i saw my first Saints game in 1974 (I think you've been following them even longer). In those 43 years I couldn't even begin to hazard a guess at how many players I have seen in the stripes. Let's call it hundreds. Tony Fitzpatrick is comfortably in the top 10 (possibly even top 5). In my humble opinion that makes him special. 

For me, referring to him as just another player, is putting him in the same category as Stephane Bahoken and Christopher Wreh. I wasn't having that. :boxing