Chairman's Update

Sonny

Fitzy, legend that likes a bit of hyperbole. He was even wrong about Paul Lambert when he said he was worth 750k. FFS get it right Tony, 2 million eventually was it not? Tells the odd lie here and there. Close the thread.

BTW I'm more intelligent than Faraway too. I'm probably a lot farther away too.  :P

Edited by madmitch
To insert cheeky emoji.

11 minutes ago, madmitch said:

Fitzy, legend that likes a bit of hyperbole. He was even wrong about Paul Lambert when he said he was worth 750k. FFS get it right Tony, 2 million eventually was it not? Tells the odd lie here and there. Close the thread.

BTW I'm more intelligent than Faraway too. I'm probably a lot farther away too.  :P

Wrong and right.:lol:

10 hours ago, notabuddie said:

There has been a number of open days at the club especially since we moved from love St without any restrictions. The first open day since fan ownership /SMISA got involved there are restrictions in place. Smacked of SMISA trying to justify their existence to say look what we did for the privileged

You are an absolute joke, SMiSA had NOTHING to do with this open day.SMiSA won't have much of a say in anything until we buy GLS out.If your looking for some group to blame for anything to do with the open day - look to the members/ex members of the fans council committee. Or be like me and just don't go to the open day if you think it's a pile of pish.(I don't think it's a pile of pish) The open day is a good idea which was first proposed by LPM at a SMiSA meeting,no interest was shown until it re-appeared as someone else's idea. Should be a good day if the weather holds and hopefully it brings new fans in to the club or maybe even encourages some who don't go anymore to come back.

Edited by buddiecat

1 minute ago, buddiecat said:

You are an absolute joke, SMiSA had NOTHING to do with this open day.SMiSA won't have much of a say in anything until we buy GLS out.If your looking for some group to blame for anything to do with the open day - look to the members/ex members of the fans council committee. Or be like me and just don't go to the open day if you think it's a pile of pish.

Upset. :lol:

4 hours ago, buddiecat said:

You are an absolute joke, SMiSA had NOTHING to do with this open day.SMiSA won't have much of a say in anything until we buy GLS out.If your looking for some group to blame for anything to do with the open day - look to the members/ex members of the fans council committee. Or be like me and just don't go to the open day if you think it's a pile of pish.

Open day.A fantastic event aimed at bringing fans and players closer together.Over 20 family members were at the Dundee game the other night and the same number and more will be at the open day.St Mirren Park is our home for family get togethers and its heartwarming to see my grandchildren,great nieces and nephews greet each other with kisses and cuddles when attending games etc.I would like to thank everyone who is involved in organising  events like the open day and wish them every success whether it be Smisa or the fans council.We,re all in this together.We,re on our way.

6 hours ago, renfrew said:

My last say on this, my wife used to work for him and an other guy. Tony and his business partner fell out with each other and had a disagreement what the business was worth. Tony decided in his wisdom to bring a pal of his to the office to check out the books. It is fair to say the police were often looking into the affairs of his pal. He also told lies about my wife after he left the business so excused me for not kissing the ground that he walks on.

While the above could well be true there's always 2 sides to a story and I'm not sure this is for public consumption.

Personally I'd delete this but that's your decision.

Tony Fitz ate my last Rolo. Heartless, selfish fcuker. He also framed Roger Rabbit and shot JR, as well as being the architect of the Great Train Robbery.

Oh, and he enslaved a particularly hairy caterpillar for years and forced it to act as his moustache.

He's a bad lot.

2 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Tony Fitz ate my last Rolo. Heartless, selfish fcuker. He also framed Roger Rabbit and shot JR, as well as being the architect of the Great Train Robbery.

Oh, and he enslaved a particularly hairy caterpillar for years and forced it to act as his moustache.

He's a bad lot.

While the above could well be true there's always 2 sides to a story and I'm not sure this is for public consumption.

Personally I'd delete this but that's your decision. :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, renfrew said:

My last say on this, my wife used to work for him and an other guy. Tony and his business partner fell out with each other and had a disagreement what the business was worth. Tony decided in his wisdom to bring a pal of his to the office to check out the books. It is fair to say the police were often looking into the affairs of his pal. He also told lies about my wife after he left the business so excused me for not kissing the ground that he walks on.

Allegedly:whistle

I stole an apple when I was in 2nd year- there it is - out there- Phew- feel better

6 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Personally I'd delete this but that's your decision.

And you're no jist sayin' that

• 2 months later...

From our Leader ....

On The Pitch

What a difference a year makes!

Top of the league and playing a brand of football that we can all enjoy. I said when we took over that I wanted to see us play attractive football and to entertain our fans and I think Jack's team is delivering on that vision. Whilst it’s still early days it’s great to see us at the right end of the table where we belong.

It’s great to see our supporters buying into what Jack & James have brought to the club as they continue to build on the momentum gained from the excellent end to last season.

We have sold 2,823 season tickets this year compared to 2,453 last year and that support has allowed us to assemble a squad that is well equipped to challenge for the Championship title.

The excellent uptake in season tickets has also allowed us to fulfil our commitment to house all away fans in the North stand for every league game in Paisley this season, leaving the West stand as a Saints only area.

Lewis Morgan

One of the highlights of this year has been the continued development of Lewis Morgan into a player who is not only starting for the Scotland under 21s, but excelling with them and putting in man of the match performances.

It’s no secret that we received a substantial offer for him from an English Championship club in the summer and with his contract running out at the end of this season the prudent decision would have been to take the money.

As a board we were however united in our decision to refuse any offers.

We felt that his potential contribution to our league challenge and to the way the team plays far outweighed the financial benefit the club would have received.

It’s a joy to watch Lewis Morgan play football and we hope to see him grace the stripes for as long as possible.

Lewis is a very sensible and grounded individual who will undoubtedly go on to play at the very highest level for both club and country.

We would like to think that we can help him along that path and have not given up hope that we can yet convince him to sign a new contract.

Kit Update

The decision to take the sale of the strips in house is proving to be a big success. We have sold nearly 1500 to date and, along with the Skyview Capital sponsorship, we have already  eclipsed the revenue generated by our previous deal. Campbell Kennedy asked us to put our faith in him with this project and together with the club shop they have delivered on that faith. 

As you may be aware we have had a few teething problems with the new strips. These were mainly down to the English contractor who was responsible for adhering the badges to the strip. To Joma's credit they have acted swiftly and have already contracted with a different company based in Scotland for next year's kit.

For this Saturday's top of the table clash we will be wearing a new, specially embroidered, third kit to celebrate the club's 140th Anniversary which will go on sale in the club shop in early October.

The only hint for Saturday is that we will not be the team in black and white stripes!

The Stadium

The atmosphere created on match days is as good as I have ever witnessed since moving to the new stadium.

The ground has been criticised at times for being rather soul-less but when this team starts playing and the drum starts beating the stadium starts rocking!

Paisley 2021

We are in the process of organising a musical event at the stadium before the Brechin City game on September 30th to coincide with the final submission of the Paisley 2021 bid. Full details of this will be revealed shortly!

SMiSA

I’m sure you’ll agree that the SMiSA wall which was constructed during the summer has been a great addition to the stadium. It’s tremendous to see generations of fans gather there on matchdays to have their photograph taken next to their name.

On that note SMiSA are running a short survey for supporters to complete, whether you are currently a member or not. Please take a couple of minutes to complete this. It’s important that we continue to collectively learn what we can do better and hopefully encourage others to join.

You can take the survey by clicking here.

Also don’t miss your chance to attend the meet the manager night this Thursday at the stadium (14th Sept from 18:30).

You can register to attend here.

Thank you once again for your backing both on a match day and financially. We ask a lot of supporters be it through Season Tickets, Away Day travel, SMiSA subscriptions, 1877 Club Membership and Club Replica Kit & Merchandise.

This all goes towards creating a team we can hopefully all be proud of and rest assured none of it is ever taken for granted.

See you all at East End Park!

Yet again it is great to get information from the Chairman.

Edited by Sonny

Drew alluded to the new contract offer for Morgan in another thread , from what I heard it would be very much structured in LMs favour with a fairly low buy-out but if a few clubs are after his signature then he would go to the highest bidder rather than walk away for a development fee !