Chairman's Update

Sonny

24 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

If I'm understanding this properly, isn't the positive that the chairman acknowledges this shortfall?

Or are you one of these people that likes to keep beating people for a mistake after they have acknowledged the error of their ways?

As we have moved on dont really see the benefit of anymore 'he said, she said' on this issue. Lets all hope everyone involved can/has reflected on how to not be in this position again.

• 3 months later...

08 March 2018

Chairman's Update

Gordon Scott

Club News

As we look forward to a hectic run in to the season's climax I thought it was a good time to give you all an update on goings on in and around the club.

On The Park
As we near the end of the third quarter of the season I think it is fair to say that we are all delighted with the position we find ourselves in. There is still a long way to go and there will doubtless be more twists and turns in the remaining games, but we have given ourselves a wonderful opportunity to achieve our goal of reclaiming our place in the Premiership.

Players
This year's transfer window was a completely different prospect to last year. We were in a position of strength both financially and in terms of our position in the league. 

This allowed us to focus on bringing in the quality of player that we felt would be capable of matching both our short and long-term ambitions. This places us in a strong position going forward no matter where we end up next season. 

Family Champions
We have just been awarded the accolade of family champions for 2017. Given the ethos of the way we want to take the club forward this is a great reward for all the hard work that goes into organising and running our match days. 

It is a massive compliment to all the club staff, catering team, stewards & management and it is thoroughly deserved. 

We will not rest on our laurels though and through an initiative championed by our SLOs and our very own Paisley Panda, and with the financial support of the Fans Council and SMiSA membership we are looking at further enhancing the match day experience. 

Look out for additional match day activities aimed at encouraging families to both attend matches for the first time and of course come back again.

Buddieivision
Buddievision is slowly growing into must watch viewing. We were conscious that the initial content was not as plentiful as it should have been due to the workload of our media department over the start-up period. But we have now employed a new member of staff to help increase the number of articles without diminishing the quality. 

We hope to steadily increase the viewing numbers as a result. Remember, however, that this is a platform aimed at YOU. If you have any ideas on things you would like to view, then feel free to contact the team by emailing [email protected]

You can sign up for Buddievision commitment free here for just £4.99 a month. 

Paisley 2021 Stadium 
I would like to add my own personal commiserations to all the people who put in so much of their time and enthusiasm into the Paisley 2021 City of Culture bid. 

I think they did everything they possibly could to try and submit a successful bid but unfortunately it wasn't to be. 

We look forward as a club to working with the council and building on all the good work that was done to raise people's awareness of all that Paisley has to offer. 

Teamwork off the Park
The Dundee United game over the festive period was a great example of where we are as a club right now. 

Due to the heavy overnight snowfall the game was a major doubt primarily due to the condition of the surrounding roads and pavements.

Without even being asked, a squad of supporters got together through social media and turned up to help clear the snow, and with the help of Malcolm's snow ploughs & gritting trucks the surrounding areas were cleared. 

It was an eye opener to both myself and I am sure to many volunteers how much was involved in clearing only a couple of inches from the pitch itself even with the help of undersoil heating. I would hate to be trying to clear off three or four inches!

The game went ahead and the turnout and support on the day was magnificent ensuring our biggest crowd in years. 

The team on the pitch did not disappoint us either turning in another match winning performance for a national TV audience. 

This truly was an example of how the fans can be the 12th man. 

Thank You! 
We now move into the business end of the season and I know you will be as excited as I am about the prospect of what that might bring. 

Your continued positive and vocal support of the team, both home and away, is a vital ingredient to the success we are currently enjoying, and is genuinely appreciated by everyone at the club. 

There were times last season when the whole stadium rung out with cries of "Come on Ye Saints". There will be times during the run-in that the team will need this vocal support again. I have no doubt we can count on you all providing the support when it is needed most. Thank you once again for all the efforts you make in following the team all over the country.

Hopefully we will all be rewarded in the best possible way as the season reaches its finale.

See you on Saturday!
Gordon.

1 hour ago, cockles1987 said:

No dissenting voices since the GLS update. emoji16.png

Not from me anyway Cockles. I  intend to be noisy and supportive (if a bit nervous) at the games to come. Also hope to encourage others to join me at games and  who knows...they might just become regulars this season and next. I now share updates issued by SMFC and BWA on Twitter. Good to see the Board, Manager, players and supporters on a common wavelength. COYS.

Edited by St.Ricky

4 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Not from me anyway Cockles. I  intend to be noisy and supportive (if a bit nervous) at the games to come. Also hope to encourage others to join me at games and  who knows...they might just become regulars this season and next. I now share updates issued by SMFC and BWA on Twitter. Good to see the Board, Manager, players and supporters on a common wavelength. COYS.

We'll most of us. :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

It's only when you read articles like these that you realise how lucky we are to have such an experienced and successful saints supporting business man running the club.

It also debunks a lot of the drivel posted on here regarding his everyday running of our club.

20 minutes ago, FTOF said:

It's only when you read articles like these that you realise how lucky we are to have such an experienced and successful saints supporting business man running the club.

It also debunks a lot of the drivel posted on here regarding his everyday running of our club.

Spot on and I'm sure Scott will get us where he wants to be that is an exciting prospect. 

The article with Stubbs trying to bring in some Everton young guns is also exciting pull that off I think we will have a good year , can't wait.

“The St Mirren Independent Supporters Association, SIMSA, has good people but you have to be careful to protect yourself. So I like the fact you have to spend so much time on their committee before you can be on the board."

Sorry? What? 

3 minutes ago, StuD said:

“The St Mirren Independent Supporters Association, SIMSA, has good people but you have to be careful to protect yourself. So I like the fact you have to spend so much time on their committee before you can be on the board."

Sorry? What? 

Try quoting the whole thing. He mentioned that he started off wondering if he should blab every decision to the supporters. The fact of the matter is there are those who could undermine their efforts by blasting out to all and sundry. For instance someone with an agenda, :rolleyes: could manage to get themselves onto the SMISA committee. To get on the board trust has to be earned. 

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

Try quoting the whole thing. He mentioned that he started off wondering if he should blab every decision to the supporters. The fact of the matter is there are those who could undermine their efforts by blasting out to all and sundry. For instance someone with an agenda, :rolleyes: could manage to get themselves onto the SMISA committee. To get on the board trust has to be earned. 

WELL!  said sir

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

Aye I read that but Gordon Scott cannot simply change SMiSA rules on a whim like that. Neither for that matter can SMiSA without an extraordinary general meeting

29 minutes ago, StuD said:

Aye I read that but Gordon Scott cannot simply change SMiSA rules on a whim like that. Neither for that matter can SMiSA without an extraordinary general meeting

And what rule states that someone MUST be elected to the board as soon as the join the SMISA committee?

Oh aye. And away in bile yer head, and stop trying to make everything sound like a conspiracy.

Just now, stlucifer said:

And what rule states that someone MUST be elected to the board as soon as the join the SMISA committee?

Oh aye. And away in bile yer head, and stop trying to make everything sound like a conspiracy.

What the f**k are you on. He's said that someone has to serve time on the SMISA committee before going on the club board. That simply isn't true. The position of fan representative on the club board is open to all members of SMISA. Any member can put themselves up for election so long as they have someone who seconds it and it's for the membership to decide who they want to represent them on the club board. 

Last time there was a board election the SMISA Committee tried to fudge it by placing a skills requirement on the position. After I challenged it - I was still a member back then - they eventually backtracked and stated it was indeed open to all members regardless of skills or experience. Now Gordon Scott has suggested that the rules have been changed, that you must be a SMISA committee member before being elected to the club board. There's been no EGM, no rule change, and no vote on the matter. Gordon Scott needs put back in his box. He's clearly speaking out of turn. 

6 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

There isn't a pot big enough.

99 per cent of what GS has said is spot on. Where he might have veered off track is on board members nominated by SMISA. Perhaps ... perhaps what he was saying was that it made sense for people to have a year or more experience on the committee.  Barring any clear need for particular skills on the board, I can see that makes sense...whether it is in the rules or just good practice. Others might feel differently.

2 hours ago, StuD said:

Do we know he has?

Its ambiguous, certainly, but I reckon it's more likely to mean that it's the preferred/realistic route than an obligatory one.

We've seen on other threads that the standard of football journalism is questionable these days. Having said that perhaps one of the "sausage roll munchers" at SMiSA could clarify the issue.

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Do we know he has?

Its ambiguous, certainly, but I reckon it's more likely to mean that it's the preferred/realistic route than an obligatory one.

We've seen on other threads that the standard of football journalism is questionable these days. Having said that perhaps one of the "sausage roll munchers" at SMiSA could clarify the issue.

Fair enough but its meant to be a direct quote. Its a good interview otherwise 

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Do we know he has?

I think the perception has been that you need to have been on the SMISA committee before being elected to the SMISA board. That, of course, is because so few people have stood for election. It's certainly not a pre-requisite.

27 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

I think the perception has been that you need to have been on the SMISA committee before being elected to the SMISA board. That, of course, is because so few people have stood for election. It's certainly not a pre-requisite.

Tsu? Is the SMISA committee and the SMISA board not the same thing? 

3 hours ago, TsuMirren said:

FFS SMiSA seems more status conscious than the minor nobility! :wacko:

Is a Viscount more important than a Baronet?

Spoiler

Who cares - it's a much better biscuit!

02dec9a37bed14aa029213c9f6005f34.jpg

Edited by Bud the Baker

29 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

FFS SMiSA seems more station conscious than the minor nobility! :wacko:

Is a Viscount more important than a Baronet?

Reveal hidden contents

Who cares - it's a much better biscuit!

02dec9a37bed14aa029213c9f6005f34.jpg

Only if they keep their Moet & Chandon in a pretty cabinet.