We Will Finish 9th and Here's How We Do It.

Ronnie

Reading through the various topics (too many to reply individually) debating our chances of catching Ayr most people are missing a very important point.

They are using our results so far this season as a marker for potential results between now and end of the season.

We got rid of 10 players who contributed to these terrible performances and brought in 11 players who were prepared to sign for a team in January 7 points adrift at bottom of the league this suggests to me these guys are up for the challenge the big question is? Are the fans and Jack Ross?

As far as I'm concerned Saturday was basically our first game of the season new team new tactics luckily for us we have 2 cup games to get the pre/new season rustiness out the way then our biggest game in years comes against Ayr which I'm confident we will win and we can have a great run from there on in.

Nobody in this league is unbeatable and I'm looking forward to a new St Mirren team taking points off Hibs/Falkirk/Morton and Dundee Utd especially as we go on a great run to finish 9th.

We will do this but probably get beat in play off by Jim Goodwin's Alloa.

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Reading through the various topics (too many to reply individually) debating our chances of catching Ayr most people are missing a very important point.

They are using our results so far this season as a marker for potential results between now and end of the season.

We got rid of 10 players who contributed to these terrible performances and brought in 11 players who were prepared to sign for a team in January 7 points adrift at bottom of the league this suggests to me these guys are up for the challenge the big question is? Are the fans and Jack Ross?

As far as I'm concerned Saturday was basically our first game of the season new team new tactics luckily for us we have 2 cup games to get the pre/new season rustiness out the way then our biggest game in years comes against Ayr which I'm confident we will win and we can have a great run from there on in.

Nobody in this league is unbeatable and I'm looking forward to a new St Mirren team taking points off Hibs/Falkirk/Morton and Dundee Utd especially as we go on a great run to finish 9th.

We will do this but probably get beat in play off by Jim Goodwin's Alloa.

Whereas you are using, eh,.................................blind faith? :blink:

Oh, you forgot to tell us how we are going to finish 9th? :lol: PS there is nothing to suggest these new players can improve our performances under the current manager.

Edited by faraway saint

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Oh, you forgot to tell us how we are going to finish 9th? :lol: PS there is nothing to suggest these new players can improve our performances under the current manager.

These players scored 2 goals took the lead twice against a team that had beat us 4 times in 18 months there's your improvement there.

The way we are going to finish 9th is use the 2 weeks without the stress of league fixtures to get a settled team some new ideas and when we beat Ayr go on a long unbeaten run as Ayr and St Mirren have shown even the best team in this league HIBS are not unbeatable.

The fact these 11 players were willing to come and fight what most say is a lost cause isn't showing blind faith it's the fact they must think they can get out this situation and I do to.

I know you like a bet FARAWAY if we don't finish 9th I will donate £20 to the charity of your choice at end of the season.

COYS.

9 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

These players scored 2 goals took the lead twice against a team that had beat us 4 times in 18 months there's your improvement there.

The way we are going to finish 9th is use the 2 weeks without the stress of league fixtures to get a settled team some new ideas and when we beat Ayr go on a long unbeaten run as Ayr and St Mirren have shown even the best team in this league HIBS are not unbeatable.

The fact these 11 players were willing to come and fight what most say is a lost cause isn't showing blind faith it's the fact they must think they can get out this situation and I do to.

I know you like a bet FARAWAY if we don't finish 9th I will donate £20 to the charity of your choice at end of the season.

COYS.

No need for that Ronnie, just a humble apology will do. :wink:

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Oh, you forgot to tell us how we are going to finish 9th? :lol:PS there is nothing to suggest these new players can improve our performances under the current manager.

And you are basing your opinion on ONE game you didn't even see ?!? 

Loving the optimism Ronnie, hope your right, it will take a few games for the players to gel and settle (cup games). I will try the what if method!

What if we had won on Saturday, what if we had won 4 games more than we have all season. What if Nade was ineligible to have played on Saturday. What if both Ayr & Dumbarton had lost 3 games more this season. Then we would be in a far better place, lol :huh:

Not to burst the bubble on positivity, though still think there is a fair bit of pressure on the players to get an 'expected' win against East Fife this weekend, a team who are flying at the moment. I'm hoping though that an extra week of training together we will come good.

The game versus The New Saints sends the winner into a final of a cup and that also has its expectations. I do feel however this new group of players along with the ones we kept on, need to show a performance that every game from this Saturday till the end of the season is a cup final.

I would like to request that the word "Gel" be banned from usage. Use of this notion gives credence to managerial excuses of incompetence, usually by people whose vocabulary extends only to repeat parrot fashion the current "buzz words" normally imported from either USA or Sky Sports.

Just in response to the original post, in my opinion all the players signed are either reserves elsewhere , without a club or have no other options available. They may turn out to have the stomach for a fight but I believe the horse has bolted on that one.

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

And you are basing your opinion on ONE game you didn't even see ?!? 

I'm basing my opinion on the FACT the new team have no form so, therefore, there is NOTHING to suggest we can turn into Barcelona. :wacko:

Oh, there is blind faith if you prefer that as a pointer to the future. :lol:

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I'm basing my opinion on the FACT the new team have no form so, therefore, there is NOTHING to suggest we can turn into Barcelona. :wacko:

Right now blind faith is all we have got Shrek :P

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

The Fact is the New team as you call it  have a record of played 4 , won 1 , drawn 2 lost 1.

not yet good enough I know but then ..... isn't this " form" you talk about normally measured over at least six games ? 

I'm one for blind faith Robert and I am well aware that time is running out but I am hopeful that we will gel and pick up points......hopefully not too late.

10 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

The Fact is the New team as you call it  have a record of played 4 , won 1 , drawn 2 lost 1.

not yet good enough I know but then ..... isn't this " form" you talk about normally measured over at least six games ? 

I'm one for blind faith Robert and I am well aware that time is running out but I am hopeful that we will gel and pick up points......hopefully not too late.

I've been hopeful since November but time, as far as i see, is almost out.

We have had umpteen "must win" games and not won one.

There is nothing to me that suggest we can win LEAGUE games as draws are not good enough at this stage of the season.

No, it's not impossible but it's as close as it gets for me I'm afraid.  

4 hours ago, Ronnie said:

COYS.

Quite right.

Past performances are no guide to the future.

Particularly when we have almost recruited an entire team.

I agree with others though that if we don't win at Ayr we are probably not going to save ourselves.

The optimistic threads have really went downbeat recently. Wasn't that long ago that the 'Where does our season head now' or similar was started after we beat QOTS and Raith. In that thread there were genuine discussion of our chances of making the promotion playoffs.

Two months, seven league games and zero wins later... the optimistic threads have us scraping 9th, and then losing in the playoff! :lol:

It is remarkable how quickly our situation has worsened over the last few weeks. Just at Christmas Dunfermline, QOTS and Dumbarton were all very catchable. Six weeks later, they've all picked up big wins while we couldn't, they've all peeled slowly away from us and now they're all gone. We're left just aiming at poor old Ayr.

We could have went within 4 points behind QOTS had we beat them in Paisley at the start of the year. Instead we got cuffed 3-0, they've taken confidence from that result and they're now 17 points ahead of us with a decent chance of 4th.

We could finish 9th but we probably won't. Ayr show no signs of going on a losing streak. Them being away at runaway leaders Hibs at the weekend while we were at Dumbarton was an ideal opportunity for us to close the gap, and we couldn't.

This team and management we have just doesn't have the bottle to win the big games. Even if we did somehow get to 9th you couldn't possibly back us to negotiate the four tough playoff games.

The reality of our situation is we now need to be planning for League 1.

37 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Quite right.

Past performances are no guide to the future.

Particularly when we have almost recruited an entire team.

I agree with others though that if we don't win at Ayr we are probably not going to save ourselves.

^^^^^^^ Knows nothing about football. :hammer

The past is a very good pointer to the future as the past shows you have been shit and to all of a sudden win a very high percentage of games is more than unlikely.

The past shows the vast majority of teams that are in our position go down.

It's not a science, more your strength, but is is a fact. 

As for recruiting an entire team, they are an unknown quantity and therefore there is nothing to see us getting better except this magnificent blind faith.

You are a silly boy. 

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

The optimistic threads have really went downbeat recently. Wasn't that long ago that the 'Where does our season head now' or similar was started after we beat QOTS and Raith. In that thread there were genuine discussion of our chances of making the promotion playoffs.

Two months, seven league games and zero wins later... the optimistic threads have us scraping 9th, and then losing in the playoff! :lol:

What's your message TC?

That we should lie down before we have been relegated?

If gloating at those who remain positive gets you through your life then good luck to you.

I have no idea how you gain anything from it personally though.

16 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

What's your message TC?

If gloating at those who remain positive gets you through your life then good luck to you.

And you will feel good about yourself as you pounded out the clichés from some sort of training course about being positive, while ignoring the facts?

Yeah, IF we go down you can say "At least I didn't sound negative"......................:lol:

Do you think you spouting these meaningless posts make one blind bit of difference as you don't go to matches?

The same could be said for pointing out the facts but that's life, people are entitled to their opinion and some are basing this on the facts.

19 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

What's your message TC?

sorry, but TC isnt is the manager

his message is irrelevant with regards to the team putting up a fight

and i don't see any gloating either

the fact that he's been proven right all along so far this season doesn't mean he is gloating

the issue here appears to be your own

you appear to be upset by the fact that TC has been proven right so far and that he doesn't think we will improve

why are you upset?

possibly because this forum is your life! :lol:

clueless weirdo

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

And you will feel good about yourself as you pounded out the clichés from some sort of training course about being positive, while ignoring the facts?

Yeah, IF we go down you can say "At least I didn't sound negative"......................:lol:

Do you think you spouting these meaningless posts make one blind bit of difference as you don't go to matches?

The same could be said for pointing out the facts but that's life, people are entitled to their opinion and some are basing this on the facts.

99% of his posts are meaningless

mind you, that means that 1% of his posts are still more meaningful than yours :lol: