We Will Finish 9th and Here's How We Do It.

Ronnie

16 hours ago, TopCat said:

We had our few new signings and our win though, at Dundee. That was meant to catapult us into the next league games full of confidence and kick start our season. Falkirk at home and Dumbarton away, two very winnable matches. Had we got 4 or 6 points from these games we would be very much in the hunt just now..

We didn't though, we couldn't even get 2 or 3 points. The reality is we are in a worse position now than we were before the Dundee game, and that's after all the new signings have came in and they've all played. We don't have any other straws to clutch at, well apart from the 'time to gel' straw.

Queens never needed time for their signings to gel. On that Saturday they came to Paisley on an awful run and strolled off with 3 points in the bag they had 3 debutants in their starting 11.

I also never said we have no chance. There's clearly a chance will finish 9th and win the playoff. There's a chance we will finish 8th. There's a chance we will win the Scottish cup too.

The club needs to operate in the reality of the situation we find ourselves in though. And that reality is we are almost certainly heading for League 1, and it's time the club started preparing for that.

What a stupid post !!

So what does  preparing for League one looking like..... Give all the staff 3 months notice. Contact the agents of the players and tell them that their clients will be not offered a new contract so best planning elsewhere, tell all the loanees that's its byebye.

Cancel any expenses, or maybe even increase gate money ...............

Or........................ With 13 games and 39 points, a new team, more options, a determined Chairman and Coach and a never say die attitude........... Win at all costs with supporters doing just that

Results are just that PAST TENSE.........................

Support the team TC and stop lauding you neg rubbish. Black and White is the colours , not our relegation

Edited by DougJamie

13 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Stating the bleedin obvious there as you didn't want us to sign our top striker. :1eye

No point trying to explain how important previous results are, I'll let you continue to post.................eh, what exactly are you trying to say as it meanders from one view to another? :lol:

It really is pointless discussing things with you. I didn't want us to sign Sutton. We already had Clarkson as an aging front man. We needed to strengthen in other areas which Rae didn't do.  IF there was a choice between them that would have been different. Meanders? Where? Previous results have no bearing on future results. It's an entirely new team so why would they? You seem to think using a smiley makes your point of view valid or interesting. Neither is true. Just keep abusing people. You seem very adept at this if at nothing else..

If I'm a happy clapper then so it be.

My family and I will show the same fortitude and determination the team need till the end of the season

We are distressed by our position like all fans ,I implore fans to put all gripes aside for the Ayr game.

I wish I could go to Ayr but my health problems don't allow it.,the support has been fantastic as shown at Dumbarton ,QOS,Dundee and at home games

Lets all give it one more push

COYS

20 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Firstly. I don't think we will escape the drop but, who knows?

Faraway's point about past results is, quite frankly, pointless. (Nothing unusual there though). He is entitled to his say without undue ridicule. We have a brand new team. God only knows, if even he does, how that will pan out. Christ! For all I know we could go on a ten game winning streak. The opposition don't have a clue about our players. We don't have a clue either. I suppose we will need to pray to whatever deity/deities, (for those who believe in a polytheistic religion), or hope for luck for those atheist among us. While the past performances certainly aren't a guide to the future we certainly need to hope that the tactics employed vary due to the change in personnel.

7 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

It really is pointless discussing things with you. I didn't want us to sign Sutton. We already had Clarkson as an aging front man. We needed to strengthen in other areas which Rae didn't do.  IF there was a choice between them that would have been different. Meanders? Where? Previous results have no bearing on future results. It's an entirely new team so why would they? You seem to think using a smiley makes your point of view valid or interesting. Neither is true. Just keep abusing people. You seem very adept at this if at nothing else..

Oh, I bow to your obvious skills in debating. :1eye

As for "keep abusing people", you are very funny, in a sad and ironic way.

Oh, you are so dim you don't get that a smillie can say a thousand words.....................like this :double

Run along, I'm done with you for today. :byebye

I don't think slagging of the use of blue sky thinking is productive. If the management adopts a strategic, co operative approach with players, adopted some synergy, some thinking outside of the box and the board look to take approach to a paradigm shift and take control of the wheelhouse things might improve. Group hug guys![emoji14]
We can touch base for a confab later!

19 minutes ago, Deekthebuddie said:

I don't think slagging of the use of blue sky thinking is productive. If the management adopts a strategic, co operative approach with players, adopted some synergy, some thinking outside of the box and the board look to take approach to a paradigm shift and take control of the wheelhouse things might improve. Group hug guys!emoji14.png
We can touch base for a confab later!

Sin bin for this pish. :rolleyes:

The cup games is a golden opportunity  to get the new team blended into a good working unit. There is a chance it could all come together getting us to the play off position. What an end to the season that would be much better than any cup game this season. Can't wait till I'm back at the beginning of March to watch the run in.  

3 hours ago, BIG BEN said:

Reality is we need around 15-20 points to have a chance. That's allowing for Ayr getting a 1 in 3 points ratio. It's a big ask but it's not like it's we have the old firm in our league. Every game brings then potential for points

We have 9 other teams though and we have been talking about the reality and gravity......

Crucial we  back the players here, as Ayr showed any game is a points opp, but its still up to Saints.

On the positive if we get out of this, I don't think we will every be here again, well until we win a national trophy again

But please anyone saying game over,  stop saying  you  support .................... Just jump :angry:.

3 hours ago, TopCat said:

We haven't scored four goals in a single league game all season. Infact we've only scored three goals in a single league game twice, and we lost one of them!

:lol::toilet:lol

Edited by Vambo57
There should be a Mount Doom Emoticon...

One thing i think we had missing from Saturday was a goal threat from outside the box. This is something Mallan clearly brings to the team, whether its scoring or forcing a set-piece. 

We need more players from the midfield area willing to have a pop at goal, especially if we are to continue with one up front. 

28 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

No, "If the other team score 3, we will score 4".  Cause and effect.  What happens if the other team score 2, do we wait until they get a 3rd so we know to go and score 4?  Crazy plan, not much thought put into it at all, no planning for other eventualities, etc.  If the other team don't score 3, do we know what to do?  Now, if the plan was to outscore the opposition in every game, then that would be a plan, but limiting it to a specified amount of goals scored by the opposition is sheer madness I tell you, madness.

Any way back on planet Earth:whistle

20 hours ago, linwood buddie said:

Kevin Keegan had it bang on when he was manager of  Newcastle "If the other team score 3 ,we will score 4". Now that to me sounds like the easiest way out this hole .

Did Tom Hendrie not quote something similar post match at Somerset back in the 99/00 season?